NS-11 Platinum

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by kLay, Mar 15, 2013.

1. kLay

Hi I live in the UK and was wondering if anyone could sell me a Gamestop US card to get this gun?
    Or know of anywhere I could get one?
  2. kLay

Anyone got access to these cards?
  3. Fiatsu

Just buy it with SC
  4. Krayus_Korianis

Cannot buy the platinum with SC. Only the regular one, the NS-11A.
  5. Pikachu

It's unique to the pre-orders or something like that. Same for the pretty NC alpha camo. It would not surprise me if it's not even white ans shiny. Just like the other guns that looks white on the picture.
  6. vulkkan

The Gamestop US cards with the NS-11 Platinum are (or were) only sold in-store. I checked some of my nearby ones last month and unfortunately they had none in stock. The employee at one store I talked to said they haven't had any for a while and didn't know if they would (or could) restock. At least the poor fella played PS2 so he knew what he was talking about. :(
  7. StrikerKOJ

It was not a pre-order weapon.

It was a promotion with Station Cash cards (1500SC) purchased from Gamestop stores in the United States. They had to be the special Gamestop version of the SC cards; it could not be just any SC card purchased from Gamestop. His best bet (if it isn't against some sort of rule) would be to find somebody in the US who can purchase a Gamestop promo card and provide him with the activation code. I am pretty sure the weapon is awarded regardless of which region you play in, it's just difficult to purchase something from a US vendor that is not offered for sale online.

But yes, it is identical in stats to the other NS11, just a different "default" weapon skin; which is covered up with any weapon camo applied. Was a nice alternate was to get an NS11 for those who were purchasing SC anyway.
  8. StrikerKOJ

Sorry for potential double post.

It was a huge pain in the *** to actually locate one of these cards. I was fortunate enough to live in Los Angeles, so I have multiple Gamestops within driving distance. It still took trips to 4 different stores to find one that even knew what I was talking about, and then a return trip to that store when they finally got them in stock.

I can't pretend to know what all is involved with a company specific promotion like this, but clearly the people working in the actual stores are the last people to be informed of special things like this.
  9. vulkkan

In that case I might have to check with ALL my local stores again. Would be way more convenient if Gamestop sold these on their site and listed the stores where they were in stock. As for the OP, best of luck finding someone who can locate a card and is willing to do a transaction with you.
  10. Phyr

I haven't had any problems finding SOE cards in my local Gamestop or walmart. North-east Tennessee.
  11. StrikerKOJ

Every store I went to had plenty of SC cards for SOE games, but the hard part was finding the specific promotional card that had the picture of Planetside 2 on them. If you had a easy time of finding the card, then I envy you.

There was another promotion with Walmart a couple months ago that offered an additional 500 SC on top of the 1500 SC on the card. The walmart in my area had no idea what I was talking about, but I can kind of cut Walmart slack because they sell a few more things than video games.

I also hope that the OP finds someone willing to help him out. I would have no problem, but I really don't want to go through the hassle of tracking the card down again. Good luck, OP!
  12. kLay

Someone please sell me a code. :(
  13. daicon

my Steam ID is daicon, add me, my local gamestop has some and I can help you out
    • Up x 1
  14. Kingside

I bought one of these yesterday. After logging on I had a message that the NS-11 Platinum had been unlocked. What is really great about this is most weapons are 700SC but for $15 you get a unique cross faction weapon as well as 1500SC. This weapon will also work for any other characters on your account due to GU5
  15. Zaik

don't tell people, they'll come here and buy them
  16. Phyr

DEH TUK MAR JERB!

/sadness
  17. Toraz

I know this is kinda late, but do they still sell those PS2 SC cards?
  18. Duvenel

I doubt you'd find any in stores anymore seeing as they were already difficult to find when the promotion was released. But if you're extremely lucky you might be able to find someone willing to sell you an activation code. But the realistic answer is that you wont be able to get one anymore.
  19. Compass

I purchased 3 of them two months ago when they had the GameStop discount sale for SC, and there was literally a stack of them sitting on the hangar when I left the store.
  20. Toraz

I guess I can't convince anyone to get one for me (since I'm from Germany)... ? ^^'