[video] My take on a Hossin Promo video

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by lillbabz, Aug 15, 2013.

1. lillbabz

hi all,

on the miller/woodman/cobalt/ceres hossin event I was supposed to record it all. but there weren't much of an event since the PTS crashed. but I did get some footage from the 1-2 hours before that happened, when mostly miller and woodman were warming up. so I made a hossin promo video heavily inspired by the first alien trailer and the trailers for prometheus. I posted it on reddit last night and thought I should post it here as well.

if you can, do watch it in original quality.

hope you like it!

be advised: the last part of the video might be hard to watch for people with sensitive eyes.

cheers!
    • Up x 3
  2. RHINO_Mk.II

IMO, editing was great, music selection got repetitive quickly, and the strobe effect lasted far too long at the end.
  3. lillbabz

yeah, I understand what you mean. I will try to keep that in mind in for future endeavours. I knew the strobe effect wouldn't be appreciated by everyone. thanks for the feedback!
  4. RHINO_Mk.II

A couple seconds is fine for building tension. 10 full seconds kind of sucks regardless of whether you have epilepsy or not. Don't let my first post get you down, I enjoyed it for the most part. I just happen to critique everything I disagree with and ignore what I approve of.
  5. lillbabz

no hard feelings here :) I think you have solid critique and you present it in a proper way, so I don't see a reason to get upset about it. it's good to know what I can try to do better the next time. still, the crazy strobe stuff is something I personally wanted to do in that manner, I wanted it to go overboard. but like I said, I understand and respect that you (and surely many others) think it's a bit too much. at least there's a warning in the beginning of the video ;P
  6. Tinuva

Loved it, nice choice of sound track from Prometheus.

Some (low but present) sound would have been nice, ie gunfire.

Other than that I thought it was very solid!
  7. lillbabz

thanks!

I've had gunfire in another video I did which I thought was very effective. didn't try it on this one though, but it might have been good.
  8. freeze

they gave you dev cam?
  9. Ganelon

Some people were given dev cams during the (short lived) event.
  10. lillbabz

yes, I was supposed to record the hossin event for pro7.