Everything you do in PS2 has already happened

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MrHenderson, Aug 14, 2013.

1. MrHenderson

In case you didn't know, every time you play PS2 you're actually traveling to the past. That's right...SOE has inadvertently created the first known time machine.

You see everything you see on your screen has already happened. What you are actually shooting at is a past reflection; an "echo" if you will of what recently transpired within your vicinity. In every other game that uses CSHD, this is an anomaly that only occurs every so often; in PS2 this is a constant reality.

At the end of the day SOE is not to blame...if you want to blame someone blame good old Murica for having such crappy internet. But the fact is, we are living in the past.

• Up x 10
  2. Giggily

Woah....
  3. EWarren

It was worse (depends on the perspective) in PS1 - hide behind something and switch to 3rd person - see someone coming - pop out and literally get someone down to 1/3 health before their client registered the first hits.
  4. DJPenguin

If this game had a tagging mechanic a good number of those issues would cease to exist and improve other things such as making long range combat no longer a non-threatening crap shoot. It doesn't have to be nearly as extreme as counterstrike's but I'll be damned if it isn't the lesser of two (or in this case, many) evils.
  5. ironeddie

Fascinating stuff.
  6. Tommyp2006

Could just call this internet gaming in a nutshell.
    • Up x 4
  7. Vixxing

Good video
  8. YamiNoTenshi

Does that mean that I'm always killing the ghosts of already dead soldiers?
  9. CaligoIllioneus

This becomes much more of a problem with the ridiculously short ttk. I don't really like the very short ttk especially since there are so many variables in any given fight.
  10. Tommyp2006

no, it means that you're shooting at a location that your enemy isn't actually at anymore, he's literally a set ahead of you. However, this is technically compensated for for the shooter by using client side hit detection. Though in the end it screws over the person getting hit because you are getting hit based on where you already were.
  11. Kortan

Someone doesn't understand how the human eye works...
  12. Goretzu

This is why a NC AI MAXs 0.3 second TTK "advantage" is basically a non-existant thing.
    • Up x 5
  13. Phazaar

This post/video is maybe a little too informative and unbiased for Forumside... I guess I'll have to reply with a serious point...

So basically, what I don't understand is, how am I supposed to get the initiative by running about lots when there's only a little doorway to the spawn room I'm camping in? :D

Clarify?...
  14. Adept

This hasn't been invented by SOE. Almost every FPS played over the internet does this.
    I've seen some rather interesting tricks used to reduce the time gap.
    The most common one employed is the projected route. Basically objects keep moving along their vector until the next status update. Thus the effect of rubberbanding was born.
  15. Metallic123

Explains my frustration with those SMG ninja's. It feels that at least 1/4 or so of my deaths are from cqc infiltrators.
  16. Iridar51

Jesus, didn't realise all that.

Wrel is probably the most useful guy in the whole PS2 community.
    • Up x 2
  17. blackboemmel

impressive! (again.)
    the overall quality of your videos is outstanding.
  18. Elbryan

Everything you do in life has already happened*

Fixed that for you.
    • Up x 1
  19. Grayson

20. Corporate Thug

I agree somewhat. The majority of the times I fight or get ambushed by an infiltrator with a SMG I am able to defend myself, but I frequently enough get instantly killed by one with out ever being head shotted. I've been killed right before or as I saw an infiltrator decloak on several occasions.