CTDs fixed with the new Nvidia beta drivers!

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Macin, Aug 11, 2013.

1. Macin

Since I updated to the most recent beta drivers from Nvidia, 326.41, no more crashes to desktop! I'm finally able to play everything in High with PhysX also on High for hours!

iMac 27" late 2012
    Win 7 64bit through Bootcamp
    i7
    680MX
  2. SShocK

Still getting the PhysX crash with these drivers unfortunately.
    But i'm not surprised because i'm pretty sure that is just a fault in the game design/code and it has nothing to do with drivers or client settings. (considering it has been happening since forever with many various driver versions and settings)
  3. Macin

I really wonder what is going on. I have been playing PS2 since GU 11 and it was crashing to desktop every single day. For the last 4 days with the new beta drivers, no crashes at all. If it's not the drivers, did SOE fixed something recently?
  4. abigdeal

Still crashing with beta drivers :/
  5. Jenocyber

I've tried these drivers on both Windows 7 64-bit and now with Windows 8 64-bit the results are the same, The game will frequently crash with PhysX enabled. When PhysX is disabled the game will not crash hardly at all.

These tests were done with a dedicated PhysX card also tested using just the main Nivida card alone.
  6. vulcan78

SOE please fix PhysX. Publicly acknowledging that PhysX is broken would be a nice start to restoring integrity and trust with the community. As it stands you, SOE, appear as an immature, money grubbing child out to con as much money out of people as possible with micro-transactions while not doing anything AT ALL about improving optimization or getting existing, touted features such as PhysX, functional.

Not purchasing one penny more of station cash until PhysX works. Dead serious.
  7. KillaKlaw

Was so hopeful when I first saw this thread, tried them, and crushing disappointment. Oh well, glad they helped OP out.
  8. RadioActiveLobster

I also still get crashes with this driver. Once in a blue moon with PhysX off, all the time with PhysX on.

One thing I did not too was try a clean install (uninstall drivers, boot to safe mode, run driver cleaner, boot to normal, install new drivers) I only did a normal install over the old drivers.