GU14 - Well I had high hopes...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Larolyn, Aug 12, 2013.

1. Larolyn

So GU14 hits. And log in to have a look and immediately it's back to frame drops - now in your own warpgate. Wow. Seriously? I gave up on the air game cause I have no chance when I hit 2 fps the moment I near the enemy and have to wait 3 seconds to regain control over my ESF. 3 seconds is death.

Amp stations I have avoided for so long now. They are never higher than 15 fps and just make all forms of combat impossible. Especially since the frame drops when ADSing turned up the other day. And now I can't move around the warp gate without warping all over the place and stuttering around due to these insane frame drops.

Seriously though, 14 Game Updates and you progressively worsen the performance of the game every single time? I miss 125 fps in warpgate and 50 fps in large scale combat. Back when the game had more people playing it ironically enough. Now I sit at 30 fps in the warpgate and 10-12 fps in combat and will have to spend another couple of hours tweaking my useroptions.ini file to get this game running at an acceptable (30 fps in combat is now acceptable....) level again.

Too tired to do this today and tired of doing this EVERY SINGLE GU.... Multi-threading. Honestly you would think it would be top priority, but yay new hats...
    • Up x 6
  2. Chinchy

So out of curiosity what are the specs on your PC, because I'm running a 2nd gen i7 bloomfield and I am having little to no problem running this game.
  3. Renko

4. Heretic

Its also completely broken the item shop for the TR for some reason. The camo switching bug introduced with the last update is still there. The new camo's look horrendous while others have a release delay (I have no idea why. Plus the only one that's passable is "Hyper").

I'm not usually one to complain but this is quite a failure of an update. They should have delayed it until the new ESF weapons were ready.
  5. Tnsr

I lol'd.
    OP: "The game runs like it is stuck in first gear"
    Chinchy: "I have a Ferrari"
    Great reply, Chinchy. Great reply.
    • Up x 9
  6. Larolyn

AMD Phenom II X4 945 overclocked to 3,4 GHz
    8 GB DDR3 RAM
    Radeon 6870

Keep in mind, although this is not the best hardware out there, it was getting 125 fps in warpgate and 50 fps in combat at launch when there were more people playing. Now as the population has lowered and plateaued, the numbers are actually getting worse.

And despite my subpar hardware for modern games, I can still happily hit upwards of 140 fps in most modern games out there. Hell I got 110 fps in RAGE. Not Crisis though. Crisis was made to melt GPUs...
  7. Rohnlex

8. Chinchy

Naw 2nd gen i7's are terrible even the best of them don't hit over 3.3ghz stock they also have severe bandwidth bottlenecks it wasnt until the 1555 socket set that having an i5-7 processor was usefull.
  9. Chinchy

wow there's your problem, your comp is OLD almost 6 years old I would advise going to new egg and picking up an Ivy bridge i5 they are cheap $150-250 that will solve all your problems.!
  10. deggy

That rig should be running the game just fine. It could probably handle most games with ease.

The issue is that PS2 is horribly optimized. I have a VERY nice computer and I only pull 45 FPS in quiet areas and mid-20's in fights.

Edit: Just for the record, I can pull 120-180 FPS in Crysis 3 with settings maxed. The issue is very much not my computer.
    • Up x 1
  11. Larolyn

I know new hardware is the solution. Budget will not allow it. I am just confused at the loss of over 90 fps in warpgate and 40 fps in combat since release. It has been a steady decline since the beginning and it gets worse with every update.

And as I said, despite the age of the hardware, the rig holds up well to nearly all modern games.
  12. Loegi

You realize there are more people on now because of the update resulting in worse performance, right?
  13. Chinchy

don't forget with each new update you are required to have more VRAM and proc cache because of the added cosmetics your comp has to load on a player by player basis
  14. faykid

i don't keep track of fps, but i noticed how it now takes longer to log on and shorter for the game to crash. logged for about 5 mins, 10 min gameplay, crash, now another 5 mins to log back on. actually, longer already
  15. Jex =TE=

Has the OP tried running his game on the lowest graphical settings?
  16. Pikachu

Has anyone even managed to log in yet? :confused: I just got home and I'm waiting for the disconnect message to show up now.
  17. gigastar

Well i already had 10-15fps in general combat until now.

I guess the only way is down...

Also for the other stuff in the update, you cant get them to release what isnt ready. We havent even seen the new lock on mechanics on PTS and some people apparently expected it today, and the new ESF weapons are still pretty unbalanced in thier current state.
  18. haldolium

Either 2000 people "suddenly" jumped on the server after the patch or GU14 once again ruined the FPS for me.

Notable too, the big maps performance is down to joyful 10FPS....
  19. Larolyn

Lowest, highest, custom ultra forcing the GPU to pick up some slack, shadows off, texture details on lowest settings, flora switched off, cores unparked, tested with and without Razer Game Booster, using Large Address Ware to force Planetside 2 to run as an x64 program, Flip Queue Size changed to 2 in Radeon Pro forcing the GPU to pre buffer upcoming frames and taking the strain off the CPU, tested with V-sync in game, tested Dynamic Frame Rate V-sync in Radeon Pro. All nada.

I have done more with Planetside 2 than I have with any other game to get it to run at a steady frame rate. I spent a weekend teaching myself to over clock and staring at numerous BSOD until I found an optimum setting that wouldn't send my rig into meltdown. On the plus side I am more tech savvy when it comes to the optimisation and configuration of graphical settings for video games then I ever thought I would be (Starcraft 2 has never run so smooth as it does now) but on the downside, I cannot get this game to run steady.
    • Up x 1
  20. Zeblasky

For me, it's really surprising. I just dont get it, why they making it even worse step by step?