Carnage BR Review

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by IronTyrant, Aug 10, 2013.

1. IronTyrant

Hi folks, here is my review for the Carnage BR,

In a nutshell this weapon is fearsome in close ranges with a high fire rate of 750 rpm, not as high as the GR-22 but the difference is that the carnage has a bigger usable range meaning you can engage targets at longer ranges than if you was using the GR-22.

The carnage works well so long as it is kept within the medium range boundaries, so if you are after a weapon for short to medium range combat the carnage is ideal, this said with attachments it can handle longer ranges to some degree making it a very versatile weapon
    • Up x 3
  2. Kociboss

I barely play my NC alt but still this is my favourite AR in game.
  3. lilleAllan

Just started using this, coming from the Gauss Rifle.
    Don't like the lower clip damage, but very much like the 0.75x ADS speed. Plus this is like using a TR weapon and I'm a bit sick of 600 rpm/167 dmg weapons.
  4. MrK

To me the best NC AR
    Has the CQC ability of the best close range AR
    Can fit an Adv Foregrip to gain the best horizontal recoil of long range AR
    Its only issues with this is a high base CoF for longer range fight. Once you burst the thing more than usual NC guns (to counter the high CoF from 3rd and subsequent shots), it's simply amazing.
  5. lilleAllan

After some more Carnage sessions, I've found another perk:
    Due to the lower clip damage, I have to pull out my magshot a lot more than with the NC1.

And we all know side arm kills are the best kills.
    • Up x 1
  6. Pikachu

The big problem with this gun is the ugly pair of knobs it has.
    • Up x 1
  7. TeknoBug

Carnage BR and GR-22 seem the same for me aside the annoying recoil pull on the Carnage, Why bother with the adv forward grip when you can use the Gauss S for mid-long range, it's more effective and does more damage per bullet.
  8. kennonfodder

Nice review man. Carnage the new star on the NC assault rifle sky :)

Do you use the Carnage with high magnification? In general its smooth with the adv. grip up to x1 magnification, but beyond that horrible.
    Gauss S will keep our ***** safe from 10 meters on, but I find the rate of fire (577?) is often challenging for engagements in close quarters
  9. MrK

50% of the time, I don't have the luxury of a terminal at hand between the time I need medium / long range and the time I'm CQC (and I'm generous)
    Having specialized tools is all fine and dandy, but imho counterproductive to objective play. I'm not going to run back at some terminal and change gear because I happen to now be in a defensive position in a CC after moving into position.

If I know that I'll do indoor job 100%, I'll get my shotgun set. Otherwise, it's going to be some generic setup that I need to be versatile.

The adv grip on Carnage makes it a good weapon at medium+, and the gun is still a beast in CQC. I don't need more.
  10. IronTyrant

Is a nice change for an NC weapon, would agree with you on that :)
  11. IronTyrant

Agree with you completely pal, a bit of a steep learning curve like you said but once mastered most people will love it
  12. IronTyrant

Yea pal i swap out for a higher magnification when i know im gonna be fighting at longer ranges but my fav is the 1x with it when im able to use it, not had much experience with the gauss S, from what ive heard its like the carbine version (the name escapes me only s one though) and i do like that as a weapon but find it lacking up close. will feature it in a future review pal
  13. IronTyrant

the wise solider is a versatile one :)
  14. Psykmoe

Really enjoy the Carnage myself. Even with Adv. Foregrip I prefer to stick to 1x reflex over higher magnifications, but the gun is just fun.

Although I enjoy all of the NC medic guns for various reasons.
  15. IronTyrant

The carnage is a really fun gun to use like you said, i would go as far to say it is my fav NC medic gun
  16. Epic High Five

It's tough because the NC have sooooo many good ARs, but I'd say it's Carnage w/ adv grip/comp > Gauss Rifle + laser > everything else.

I'm a versatility ***** so something like the Carnage kitted out like that is perfect - beastly in CQC AND mid-long range because it doesn't have the extra tier of damage loss that other high ROF ARs do. The Gauss Rifle is just straight up incredible of course

The Carnage is also the only gun in the game that gets both an advanced grip AND advanced laser options, so you could feasibly have the gun fitted out to absolutely excel at both.
  17. EViLMinD

The Carnage BR is must have gun. I use it with the AFG, comp and a 1x or 3.4x.

The GR-22 is better for closer ranges/hipfire, though. Why? Because, it has a slightly faster ROF and can equip SPA. I use it with ALS, SPA and a 1x.