Disable XP When Shooting From Spawn

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Harbinger, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Hobo Jack

every base needs a SCU gen that would solve everything it would force people out of the spawn to defend the scu, it would get rid of spawn camping after the scu is blown and get rid of people shooting out of spawn for the last 2 mins of a base being lost
  2. Crayv

There is an easy way to stop people in the spawn from earning exp.: Don't stand in front of the spawn doors like an idiot to feed them exp.

Sitting in the spawn room and playing Duck Hunt with spawn campers is a great way unwind after being completely stomped by an overwhelming zerg.
    • Up x 6
  3. CaptainYamerica

Meh.. Semantics. I'm not wrong. And neither are you. We have differing viewpoints about an "issue" that really warrants no weight in the current discussion.

When have I ever argued about hating getting shot in the face for spawn camping? I think you have me confused with someone else.

As far as sitting on the point, I am a PTFO kinda guy. I could care less about KD and such. That is exactly what I attempt to do when I can.

Bottom line is. I say do NOT remove XP for guys stuck inside the spawn room.
  4. Goretzu

Again this simply doesn't tie in with anything I see on my server.

The vast majority of the time (in fact I've never seen anything else) the ONLY time people just sit in the spawn room firing out is when they are pinned in and vastly outnumbered (there'll will always be an odd person firing out if there's enemies in direct sight, of course).

When they aren't massively outnumbered (and sometimes still when they are) they are out retaking the base. :confused:

And still I see nothing that removing exp from the spawn acutally fixes, apart from some unspecificed jealously that someone might be getting a bit of exp.? o_O

I'd love to see the whole reality of spawn camping removed from PS2, but removing exp doesn't do that (even removing all exp from those inside the spawn and those killing within 50m of the spawn - all that would do is mean no one got any exp for a large proportion of PS2 total battles).

They perhaps need to change spawns, change exits, change capture mechanics, that might do something.

The biggest change though would be I think there should almost always be a route to from the spawn to the capture point that doesn't involve vehicles or aircraft camping, certainly at the big bases.
  5. MonnyMoony

I actually think its the other way - the attackers are pissed because they are denied an opportunity to farm by people staying behind the spawn shields - hence the reason the arguments around this subject seem to be very one sided - i.e. do something to get the defenders out of the spawn room.................(and let us farm them with HEAT and lolpods).
    • Up x 1
  6. Zotamedu

[IMG]

Or you who are complaining could stop being stupid and the problem would sort itself automagically. The only person who is doing anything wrong when getting shot through a spawnroom shield is the one who got shot. There is no reason what so ever to stand in the line of sight. Stop being repeatedly stupid and the people inside wont have anything to shoot. If they don't have anything to shoot, they'll move out. You who are sick of getting shot are the root of the problem. As long as you keep being stupid, people will do the smart thing and shoot you through the shield before moving out to take care of the smart players.
    • Up x 5
  7. MonnyMoony

Why do so many attackers want to take up a position in front of the spawn shields.........it's easier to farm players as they come out of the spawn room door. Shooting a moving target that is coming towards you is easier than shooting a moving target from the side.
  8. Zotamedu

So they are upset because they get farmed while they are trying to farm. I'm having a very hard time feeling sorry for them. They are the ones who are stupid. You can easily guard a spawn from out of line of sight if you use half a brain. Sadly, a Zerg rarely even has that to share so they end up getting farmed and they seem to be too stupid to realize why. Even a worm learn from its mistakes but that seems to be too complicated for the Zerg.
  9. MonnyMoony

I suspect that is the real motivation behind much of the hate towards camping defenders......all this talk about "better gameplay" etc is IMO just a smoke screen.
    • Up x 3
  10. Bastid721

I agree spawn camping fromt the attacker side is tactical altho boring. Nonetheless, something should be done about inside and outside spawn camping.
  11. Zenanii

I mostly have no problem with shield campers as it is easy to just stay out of LOS while waiting for cap. There is one exception though: teleporter rooms when defending biolabs. I find it extremely frustrating how the enemy can lock down 50% of the fighting area behind one-way shields. When atacking it at lest ony last for a couple of minutes, but this is a 100% stalemate that last either until atackers finally decide to push out, or defenders decide to use the jumppads to retake the satilite bases. In zerg battles either is unlikely to occur.
  12. Goretzu

The problem with Biolabs is without these shields they'd never be taken (all things being equal).

It's pretty easy to contain all 3 teleporter rooms and both hanger doors if you have the numbers, lock-down MAXs with support being particularly nasty in those situations.
  13. Zenanii

Which is the main problem! The teleporter rooms can easily be contained, but at the same time, the satelite bases are easily defended. With equal numbers it leads to a complete stalemate with neither side gaining any ground. But what is worse is: you're not doing any actual killing.
    Defenders have to camp the spawnrooms, or the atackers will rush out and take down generators, while atackers can instantly retreat back to the satelite base if it is getting pushed.
  14. Goretzu

Yeah I don't know how you'd totally fix that to be honest without seriously effecting something else.

At some points the game is just going to hit stalemates.
  15. Elbryan

You're saying giving EXP for any action is a default. It is not. Not giving EXP for something is not a punishment.

Giving exp is a reward.

Rewards give incentive.

Adding rewards to the right places and removing them from where they don't belong is what SOE has been doing all along.

They make the rules and I'd imagine they make them with the goal of improving gameplay.

Read above.

Only a spoiled child thinks not getting a reward is a punishment.

I do lead by example and as you've noticed too, it does nothing when you don't have the numbers to pull it off. Often you WOULD have the numbers, but they just camp inside the safety of the spawn room. Remove the exp these campers get and we might get some movement into these guys.

Of course sometimes you're so out numbered that there is no other option than to spawn elsewhere and that's fine.
    • Up x 1
  16. PWGuy93

Agree no experience for folks in vehicles trying to capture a point.
  17. Goretzu

No you'd definately be further punishing outnumbered factions by removing exp from kills made from the spawn.

More to the point all they'd be doing is annoying people already annoyed at being outnumbered - SOE isn't daft, they won't do this.
  18. Elbryan

I feel like they are punishing the outnumbered faction by rewarding idiotic actions and thus making the faction even less effective.

I don't mind getting shot from behind spawn room shields. My fault for being in their line of sight.
    I have a problem with the system when it's my team that won't advance from the spawn room, denying us any chance of retaking the base, only because they get rewarded for camping in there.
    • Up x 1
  19. Goretzu

Charging out of the spawn when massively outnumbered is plain suicides, but then so is redeploying or basically playing the game.

The only real option you have to have a positive experience when massively outnumbered is a constant withdrawl, and the odd kill from inside the spawn is very much part of that.

Removing that just removes almost any reason to play the underdog.

Again though I have NEVER see a time when there were enough people to retake a base and they all just sat in the spawn.
    Usually the only time I ever see it is when there is about 2-3 times the infantry number outside the spawn combined with 20 tanks and 20 ESF constantly bombarding every exit.

Spawn camping is exceptionally easy in PS2 (a huge flaw), making it worse for the people being spawn camped is plain counter-productive.
  20. J3st3rUK

If your daft enough to spawn camp where you get shot then you deserve to get shot. Leave the system as is and may be, just may be you'll learn something.