@Arclegger: There's a monster running wild. A criminal destroying bases.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by UberBonisseur, Aug 9, 2013.

1. UberBonisseur

http://4.bp.************/_2cynbmcOtnA/TPPw0zwaCTI/AAAAAAAABsQ/CgSIXKSFRjA/s320/sarcasm_detector.jpg
  2. f0d

i agree there is an excessive amount of jumppads
    1 or 2 isnt too bad and does improve the battles but the 6 or 7 or so they have at some bases now iis just horrible

just reduce the amount of jumppads and all is good again
    • Up x 1
  3. simmi1717

lol you are awesome
  4. Wayfar

5. Cmlondon13

THAT JUMPAD TURNED ME INTO A NEWT!!!
    • Up x 1
  6. Morpholine

A newt?!
    • Up x 1
  7. MasonSTL

He got better.
    • Up x 1
  8. Poojawa

I haven't played in a while, but couldn't you troll people by throwing down a MANA turret on the landing spot, making anyone who lands there suicide?
  9. IamDH

I say we REMOVE ALL JUMP PADS
  10. UberBonisseur

You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your ******' fingers and say, "That's the bad guy." So... what that make you? Good? You're not good. You just know how to hide, how to lie. Me, I don't have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth. Even when I lie. So say good night to the bad guy!
  11. Nathaniak

I hate jump pads and gravity pads - they seem cheap, and they make it way too hard to defend bases. There you are, fighting on the front line, and then half a platoon use a jump pad to travel 500m and get behind you. There's no skill in that. Bypassing enemy lines is a job for a Gal-drop - yet jump pads act as a crutch for those who cannot fathom the idea of 'getting into a Gal and going over them'. Plus, Gal-drops are counterable, whilst jump pads are not.

Gravity pads, in my opinion, are even worse. For example, at some of the new Esamir bases, there's a large area raised above the ground, with staircases to get up. Fair enough. But, then there are gravity pads allowing you to bypass any defenders stationed on the stairs! Why? It's cheap design. Even worse are the giant gravity pads on the side of biolabs. The only ways up there should be drop pod or by air. Make the airpads a 'back door' that requires effort to reach!
  12. Phazaar

8/10 for read quality.

Disagree about jump pad complaint though... Sorry.
    • Up x 1
  13. Nyctalgia

Noticed it in the impact site fight yesterday, did you? :)

I agree 100 %. Jump pad removes so much of the layout and defensive works of a base. Did you know that there's jump pads from the spawns to the top of the Amp Station?
    • Up x 1
  14. TheMercator

Are those things working? Last time I tried i they did not.
  15. DarkNeuron

UberBonisseur has been here from the start, and he always nails flaws in the metagame in his posts.
    Good post mate, a tad dramatic, but I get where you are coming from.

Also, funny how the people that disagree in this thread usually simply states: "I disagree, bye", or the tired "There.has.always.been.jumppads.in.game.hew".
    Where those that agree can usually deliver a constructive argument as to why jumppads are bad.

Naysayers, if you can't deliver anything constructive, S T F U.

Please let us hear why jumppads are such a wonderful design decision, that completely benefits the metagame!
    • Up x 1
  16. haldolium

Cheap level design wherever you look...

Nothing was thought-through. Now they're constantly changing the bases with cheap, irrational solutions like jumppades, penalty zones or ridiculous walls where none belong.
  17. MarioO

To make a serious response:
    It's true, there are too many jumppads. I don't want all of them removed, because there are a few locations where Jumppads are the only possibility to prevent never ending stalemates. But there are also a lot of locations where the Jumppads take even the slightest chance of defending a base without having superior numbers.

And then there are also the few locations where the jumppads don't make any sense. Like most biolabs. You can get onto the landing pads anyways, there's no real need for jumppads. I'd prefer a complete rework of Biolabs over removing just the jumppads, though.
  18. Nonorf

So... you joined TR side ?
  19. Cinnamon

Jump pads pads that jump pads jumping pads pad pad jumps. SO angry right now. Fix this now Higby.
  20. Littleman

Even I think jump pads for the most part are stupid -_- I let the elevators slide because well... no wait time (could be wider though,) but jump pads are this weird "quick travel" mechanic that completely removes the aspect of PUSHING and just kind of acts as a worthless, unfun funnel. Why are there no rock outcroppings between C and the rest of the facility in that image, huh!? I know it's a crater, that doesn't mean in the blast there weren't any chunky bits planted into the walls of said crater!
    • Up x 1