Will the Player Studio make PS2 the new TF2?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Grayson, Aug 9, 2013.

1. Grayson

[IMG]
    Hats, hats, hats..........
    What do you guys think, will SOE allow ehm "funny" hats and generally ret@rded stuff, to make it into the game?
    Because i dont really want to see stuff like that in a "military" game.
    Discuss.
  2. blessedpatrick

I think the level of quality and screening will keep trash out, most of the stuff that is getting in now fits in nicely and adds variation, no silliness at all.
  3. WideFrustum

Yeah (gladly) I don't think we'll be getting HatSide2. Submissions will be screened to fit within the style of particular empires. None of which seem to have a propensity towards hats of that magnitude (perhaps NC capitalists?). :)
  4. Tommyp2006

I think we passed the point of worrying about this long ago. Like when skull masks came out long ago.
    • Up x 2
  5. Being@RT

And lumifiber, chassis lights and the lot..
  6. Izriul

Yeah, those skull masks look absolutely ridiculous. Make's me think the wearers a kid who wants to look like skeletor from He man or some ****.

[IMG]

Still, if someone wants to pay money to look that ridiculous, fine by me.
  7. blessedpatrick

If a VS wears skull mask and the right camo he can pass for tr, makes tower fights as light assault great craic, that extra second of target acquisition is golden.
  8. Being@RT

• Up x 3
  9. Kaon1311

Would be gutted if they start bringing out silly looking items, i doubt they would as they know it would annoy the hardcore PS2 players, and they are the ones mostly paying for the game.
    All i want is someone to make a decent commisar cap, not one thats 10 sizes too big.

Oh and capes, capes make everything look good.
  10. Rohnlex

Why would you ever submit something that then you have to buy (with cash)?.
  11. Being@RT

Because you get 40% of all the sales in your own pocket? TF2 offers 10%, for reference.
  12. Grayson

13. Cougarbrit

They said they won't be allowing capes. I don't think they're even accepting armours right now. Just helmets, decals, camos, hood ornaments currently.
  14. Kaon1311

15. Rohnlex

Oh i didnt know that :)
  16. LynxFury

Already plenty of silliness in the game...why not. Laughed as hard when I was got killed by a dude in a garrison cap as I would have in a beer-cup holder cap. With hardly anything else to claiming to be an MMO, we need all the individualization we can get.
  17. Haruk

I thought it was 80% or something. Last time I checked it was much higher than 10% anyway.
  18. NinjaTurtle

I WANT A GOD DAMN TRENCH COAT
  19. Loegi

It won't get worse than the skull helmets at least.
  20. Phrygen

• Up x 1