Fps in Planetside 2

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by =1221=Blackout, Aug 8, 2013.

1. =1221=Blackout

I know many topics have been posted about this, but I am willing to post my own, as they are not all having the same problems as I am. I will start off by saying, I meet the minimum system requirements, and meet the recommended w/ some of my rig.
    CPU:Intel(R)Dual(2)Core E7500 @2.93 Ghz(where the problem lies, probably)
    GPU:nVidia GeForce GTX 660 EVGA Superclocked edition
    RAM:6 gigs
    I am running Windows 32-bit.

Anyway, should I turn off Physx, if so, will it improve my fps? I have it set to run on my GPU, not my CPU.
    I get 15-20 fps if there is more than ten people shooting at a time, and 30 if I am alone. That is on HIgh with Fog, AO, and such turned off. I get the same fps if I set it on "Very Low". Right now, it's almost unplayable. Any suggestions, besides buying a new CPU(I shelled out $230 on the 660, just to play this game).

Oh, and btw, if you have like a Titan, and an i1700 or something, and your whole life resolves around being a champion in games, and you spend thousands of dollars on making that easier, then get a life(and no, I don't mean Sims).
  2. Alexlightning7

I hope your not telling me you have shadows on high :eek:

Now for the important thing. this should be just about where your supposed to be at with that CPU. Nothing is gonna make a huge difference. shadows off, render at 1000-1500(more then enough for anything), all the other numerous performance tips. thats about all you can hope for. that CPU is just alittle too weak.
    On the plus side, join the club!
    • Up x 1
  3. TheAppl3

Concur with the above.

Also, an E7500 does ~3.5GHz with decent cooling. That'd be 333x10.5 for the FSB clock and multiplier respectively. That will help a little, but realistically it's just time to upgrade.
  4. ALeviathan

Min's spec's = Min' FPS. Your system is only as good as it's lowest spec'. Other words, time to up grade or put up with what you get. Running 6 gig of ram on a 32 bit system???. Windows 32 bit what? 7, XP, 8?

Oh, and btw, I have a good system, actually have a life, go outside too and have a JOB so I can have these things.

P.S. You should run Sims OK.
    • Up x 1
  5. Bobc4

Recently I have been having lag spikes every 30-40 seconds. I have the lowest graphical settings. These are my specs.
    its a Laptop

Cpu: Intel i7-3610QM quad core rated at 2.30 GHz
    8G ram
    Window 7 64 bit Home
    Gpu: Geforce GT 650M : latest drivers
    60Hz monitor

It played perfectly on medium before the latest update, now i can't get it to run in a way that's playable for the life of me.
    The lag is not constant, it spikes between running perfectly and giving me 8 fps. Sometimes it will run fine while all hell is breaking loose ingame for a bit, then it will lag, it even does this while am just hanging around the testing server doing nothing. Help :( my ps2 is more annoying then fun because of this.
  6. TheAppl3

Thermal throttling. The processor is overheating and toning down its clock speed to compensate. My assumption/opinion, of course. It comes in spikes because as the clock lowers it cools down and clocks back up, repeating the cycle.

Load temps?

Is it holding at the same frequency or dropping sharply?

@OP: Yeah, what's with the 6GB RAM on a 32-bit OS?

Also, I get that you don't want to spend more money. You made an uninformed decision to go buy a powerful modern graphics card while keeping a borderline-obsolete processor though. Anyone here could have told you instantly that you would not be able to play well on an E7500 regardless of other components. Research is the best thing you can ever do.
  7. Irathi

Im also curious to the 6Gb on a 32 bit os?

About the GPU/CPU, he might simply not be able to afford to switch all components, at least the 660 he can bring with him in a new setup. - idk, just trying to make sense out if it :)
  8. Bobc4

Well its not a gaming computer and its 1 year old, i guess i will have to deal with it.
    And it is holding frequently when the lag spikes.