What I think of when I see a group of coordinated Lancer users:

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RHINO_Mk.II, Aug 7, 2013.

1. XDDante

just like there's no excuse for every TR Heavy Assault to not have a T2-Striker,there no excuse for the enemy faction to not have smoke/flares in their vehicles...

also 1 Striker cannot kill a sunderer,tank,lightning,etc(flash might be the exception but it has been always weak)all by itself,so we REALLY need to coordinate to take it out as a group,yeah the Striker might be a skill-less weapon but that's what TR has just deal with it...
  2. Fang7.62

I never see lancer squads but strikers are just everywhere. Lockons stack very well without any organisation because shooting any green squares in sight after dem beeps doesnt require coordinations and calling out targets. Though Lancer is veery powerful but it does require some sort of coordination. I was on the receiving end of a lancer squad once. They were camping airpads on the crown and we had a pubbie platoon running with bunch of sundies down at hydrophonics. They were all continuing on ther feet after few seconds, scary sh*t.
  3. Kortan

Not to mention the flip-side of the ******** aggro missiles, slamming into the ground at your feet unless you're a far distance away and/or much higher than your target.
  4. SgtBreastroker

The Lancer is not a hit scan weapon.
    • Up x 1
  5. Kn4ck3br0d37

These threads are so funny and kind of sad at the same time.

"My faction is so hardmode"
    "Nu-uh my faction is way more hardmode it's like Dante must die mode"
    "Oh no uu did'nnnn! My faction is so hardcore I get a hardon just from thinking about it!"
    "Your faction is easymode!"
    "No u!"
    "No u!"
    "No u!"
    "No u!"
    [Continue to infinity and beyond]

It's like people try to convince themselves that their faction is horrendous and incredibly UP and the only reason they get a single kill is because they have insanely mad epic sick nasty skillz and they'd have a KD of 50.0 if they played the other two noob factions.

Thinking about it I'm not sure why TR defend these threads (my own main is TR, though I dabble in heresy and rebellion from time to time.. :oops: ) since we don't really have a say in it. For long range AV we get to choose between lock-on or lock-on, not like we got any alternatives. Oh wait I forgot the Annihilator so it's lock-on, lock-on or lock-on.

Also if it's so OP just use the Annihilator, it's what people did before there were FSRL's.
    • Up x 11
  6. theholeyone

I don't think the OP is saying VS can't look like monkeys in a tree, just that those who chose to use lancers do so with more organisation and skill.

As one who has participated in both lancer and annihilator squads, I can confirm the lock on launchers are indeed monkeys in a tree compared to the scientific prowess of lancer wielders. I can also confirm those poo flinging b*stards can do a lot of damage, but at the end of the day, who wants to throw poop when you have lasers?
    • Up x 2
  7. Vixxing

Why do you keep bringing up Annihilator? Annihilator 1200 damage lousy tracking, Striker 2500 damage awesome tracking....
    Just sooo stupid... (also 50 other VS/NC had to run around with it to even get close to the air denial 5 random striker users accomplish)
    • Up x 1
  8. Cinnamon

Haha this is funny because striker is a lock on weapon and people don't like lock on weapons.
  9. Rown

This is what I think when I read the sentence "coordinated Lancer users":

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  10. huller

I can honestly say I have never hit a mossie with a striker
    • Up x 23
  11. SpetV

You need to aim to shoot with a lancer, to shoot a striker you just need to put your aim on the target and wait, so hard. At least Lancer require a bit of skill to hit the target, with the Striker you just shoot and wait for the missile to hit.
  12. blackboemmel

i doubt that there is only one guy here who is seriously playing all 3 factions AND using vehicles AND NOT a troll that won't tell that fighting the striker-faction is very different from fighting the no-strikers factions.
  13. Adamar09

600m in the distance there's a Harasser cruising across Indar. That's hard to hit.

Most of the other times it is pretty simple, though.
  14. FateJH

This thread does a good job conveniently forgetting that the TR don't have anything like the Lancer, or even a substitute AV weapon that works as effectively (or near instantaneously). Sure, we have flak for Air and other assorted anti-vehicular weaponry on top of other vehicles; but, so does everyone else through the power of NS technology. And, sure, we have dumbfires; again, so does everyone else; also, good luck with those at AV distances.

I use a SKEP.
    • Up x 3
  15. Scup

hurts my head watching this, but for some reason i can't look away....
  16. OmegaPREDATOR

From my ESF or MBT it's more like this :
    [IMG]

And when I see Phoenix it's like that :
    [IMG]
    "WHERE IS THE TARGET ?"
    • Up x 10
  17. Giggily

Lancers are basically impossible to aim now that SOE has added vehicle icons that completely cover distant vehicles.
    • Up x 3
  18. Kn4ck3br0d37

No of coruse not, all factions have their baddies. When my outfit goes Striker we put down a boombox with some death metal, take off our helmets and headbang while reloading just to get that opressive and agressive vibe going. Everyone in the company is required to have long hair of course for added headbang stats.

Agreed it's diffrent although not as terribly bad as most make it out to be, at least not on Ceres. Not sure how full that server is these days. Could be crowded servers experience more problems with it.

Yeah I know it sucks. Even though personally in a combined arms game in the "Modern military shooter" setting it just feels so natural with lock-ons because well, we have them today so why wouldn't they in the future? Hell we even have missles that find targets themselves once airborne, no lock required.

"Lore" aside and focusing on gameplay the problem really is, as you say, that there is no alternative for long range AV. Personally 2 of my 3 heavy loadouts use dumbfire and I run these loadouts almost all the time because I like the versatility of it. Can't deny the satisfaction of leading a speeding harasser just right and blowing it up of course but that's besides the point.

Once long-range AV is required and you don't have access to vehicles you have two choices, both annoying: AV Turret or Lock-on. That sucks because it means that there's a lot of AA capable heavies running around even if their intended target is ground vehicles wich bloats TR AA capability.

And quite frankly it's tiring to sort though "NERF STRAIKORZ" threads. Brings negativity to the forum. I really hoped it would be something diffrent when they announced it, like a swarmer launcher or something, that would have been cool.

Check my sig, I've got a thread up that hasn't had any attention in a while to make the striker into something fun with AA capability worse than the Lancer but similar to the Phoenix and still remaining a good long-range AV options so we don't have to use lock-ons.

Sorry for the lengthy post, it's a bad habit I have.

EDIT: Ironically a netf striker thread pops up 5 minuites after this is posted. Also forgot to mention that a big part why it's so annoying is the terrain bug, once that goes away I think things will be better.
    • Up x 1
  19. FrontTowardEnemy

Then you're a terrible team killer. That's all there is to it. LOL.
  20. FrontTowardEnemy

I do all the time. You know, it's almost like the VS have a lock-on AV launcher or something. Every time it's the same sickening whining from the TR when it comes to defending the Striker. I've used it, I've used every launcher/AV/AA weapon in the game. It's OP. That's all there is to it.
    • Up x 1