The ultimate counter to Harassers

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Zeblasky, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Kanil

If you kill a Harasser with an AT mine, then that driver was probably bad. He's got nothing else to do with his time than look for mines and C4.
  2. LordCreepy

If you want to kill a harasser quickly place yourself infront of a tricky jump - get overrun and the harasser will flip, slide a bit on the top and blow up - you know just sayin
  3. Theodwulf

I did some testing with this ...solo with no cert upgrades..I killed 5 guys by running them over,before dying because I crashed into a sunderer, couldn't back in time, even getting bonus XP as the devs think running people over in a dune buggy deserves a special awards (REDNECK alert!).. I am going to cert one up and only run over people , no guns ...LIKE MACGYVER!!!!
  4. Battleballs

Full smoke countermeasures is a pretty good counter to that. If you fight TR I recommend them over turbo. You won't have difficulty avoiding 50% of the inf anti vehicle weapons that way. As a TR we have to fear direct fire weapons 100% of the time such as the Lancer or Phoenix and there is no avoiding them with abilities but only skill.
  5. Ronin Oni

Well, to be fair there is no avoiding Strikers with skill only abilities :p (well, that and staying out of LoS but that's hardly "beating them" and that works for Lancer just as well, or past 300m for Phoenix which are terrible at hitting Harassers BTW)
  6. SolidSnake

Unless those Harassers are TR with Vulcan, in that case none.
  7. Sowahka

Ram them with a bus. It's an insta-kill.
  8. Midnightmare

I had some luck with skygaurd
    Would not call it the ultimate one but it does better than expected.

and yes ram them if you get the chance.
    • Up x 1
  9. FrontTowardEnemy

Works great! For the TR at any rate.... :mad:
  10. Phaze

NC has the worst AV in this damn game.
  11. FrontTowardEnemy

Actually, I highly recommend that people try out any AI or dual Burster MAX as well. Not ideal, but it works in a pinch, and better than nothing. The main thing is that the projectile velocity can keep up with the Harasser's speed.

Also- guided AV rockets- the Harasser is so fast that quite often they hit the ground behind the Harasser due to the lag-lead guidance of the missiles.
  12. Spude

LOL good joke.

Ultimate counter to harassers = GRAVITY it pulls my harasser upside down towards the ground.
  13. Qraven

Everyone knows that the ultimate counter to Harassers is ramming them with a Galaxy.
  14. Camycamera

hm, to counter a harrasser, one needs moar harrassers.
  15. Morrow

Striker.

AT mines show up on thermal and it isn't easy to get them to work with harassers. Still mines are better than NC/VS's AT lock-on launchers.
  16. Vortok

This is what I often do if I'm in a MAX. Specifically the higher velocity AI weapons. It's a large (relative to infantry) vehicle so it's still pretty easy to hit with most shots even at mid range. Burster velocity is actually moderately slow in comparison.
  17. minimbi

When harrassers farm near bus or other infantry zerg you really mostly useless. But I use one tactic. If I see harrasser lazy farmer. I go to high position. Place AV turret and shoot them. Best is shoot when they moving closer to you (not direct to you ofcourse). They harder to avoid rockets, they need time to move back. My recomendation - 1-3 first shoots make up and after targeting. This save your position and they spend more time to detect you. Btw 1 times I see Vanu infantry heavy (I dont really know what was this weapon named) - but he solo kill harrasser (some sort of machine-gun) and he kill surrender same way - just shooting as it was Phalanx-AA turret and surrender was some weak aircraft.
  18. HooWoo

Probably just as bad as the damned pounders, worst thing to kill infantry with confirmed.
  19. Winfield

This.

I also was gunning for one of my outfit mates earlier and we drove over a mine...the mine exploded 2 meters behind us and we just kept going unscathed.

Cool tank mines, SOE!
    • Up x 1
  20. Joram

The lancer is horrible against harassers, in the time you charge the weapon the harasser is out of sight and even if you have a elevated position the vehicle is really fast and you can easily miss. What i do to try to kill them is ramming them with my magrider and getting a free shot maybe even two with my main gun, this can be dangerous because you will take damage in the process.