Been Playing for a Week

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SoulSeekerUSA, Aug 5, 2013.

1. SoulSeekerUSA

And I am not impressed. The game lacks any real goal besides take over lose and then take over again. It is just wash, rinse and repeat. It is fun but some what confusing as to what upgrades you should buy first or what does what and how to use things. i mean I can buy 6 dif weapons but none of them really change the out come that much for it to matter.

I know I will get flamed but this is just my opinion of the game.
  2. Mr_Giggles

What other goal does one need besides 'see bad guy, shoot bad guy' in a FPS?
  3. KenDelta

"Been playing for a week" assuming you saw everything the game has to offer , experienced all gameplay possibilities and styles and you already joined an outfit/gaming community.

It's a PvP based game , lack of objective is nothing big , if you don't like bigfights and meatgrinders , or even rolling with a totally organized platoon that would make you feel you're in the bloody US navy , this isn't your game.
  4. SoulSeekerUSA

Yeah, maybe you are right. I am not big on the group side of this game as well. Just to much going on to make it any fun. It is a tough enough game as it is without having someone yelling at you because you did something wrong.
  5. KenDelta

If you still want to give it a try , check the outfit recruitment section if you find peps you like , join them play for another week or 2 give it a try , game is longterm because of the cert system but it does give you that Bf/cod 10v10 feel if thats what you're looking for.
  6. itzCujo666

Works for me. I like FPS. This is an FPS. I come back time and again to... well, to kill others before they kill me.

Not sure what else OP is looking for... Civ 5, SimCity, etc...? Most people are here to run/drive/fly around and kill people (or camp on some hill somewhere and kill ppl, but guess you get what I mean).
    • Up x 1
  7. SoulSeekerUSA

Was checking out the wiki for engineer so maybe I will give that class a try. Just sucks when your ratio is like 150 deaths to 50 kills. And the certs are slow to come in and I even have an all pass because I play DC Online as well.
  8. Mr_Giggles

Well K/D probably won't get much better but the certs will increase if you work on the tools. Work on Ammo Pack and support tool to get constant xp streaming in. Nanoweave for survivability (especially against headshots when you are manning a turret).

Ai mines/ Av mines, or C4 is up to you for utility. Also just a fyi, don't worry about losing the ammo package, you have one on your turret (press button to pull up turret. Before placing press B. Now its ammo).

If you want to increase the cert gain, invest in a Sunderer as well with a SAMS and either vehicle repair or ammo dispenser. All that passive xp builds up quickly.
  9. gigastar

Actually most outfits wont do that because its kind of an open secret that the outfits are a significant part of the reason why people keep playing.

And on that note, i might as well add this.

The contribution of the individual is meaningless. One may kill dozens before dying, but for as long as there is "one" they will keep coming back.

However, the contribution of dozens, when given proper guidance, can potentially slay hundreds and force them to think twice about coming back.

Just an observation ive had. Teamwork always pays.
  10. Drasilov

On a good night its fun. On a bad night with hackers and too many snipers its just frustrating.
  11. Yil

Yeah, it should be more like every other fps out there where you just get 15 minutes in a match to just see your K/D at the end. :rolleyes:
  12. simmi1717

If you find the right guys to play with, it's a lot of fun. When I was new, I found this outfit with the most laid back potheads ever that were all about having fun. They were fun to play with always crackin jokes and doing stupid stuff. Was really fun. Try to find a group.
  13. deggy

If you want to gain certs quickly, Medic is one of the best classes in the game.
  14. Tobax

Honestly, join an outfit because that's when you start doing things that get a lot more interesting. Still your kind of right since we only have 3 maps that never really change, once they get Hossin sorted and the intercontinental lattice you'll start to see global scale tactics that have more impact on where you go and what you do that really matter.
  15. The King

nearly all FPS games are that way...
    Like in CS... you just kill people. Stop the terrorists from destroying the objectives if you're the CT...rescue the hostages.... kill all, etc..>

Too many snipers is just too easy.
  16. Tommyp2006

Welcome to a game that was released a year early.
  17. NinjaTurtle

And what fps is any different to your description of this?

What fps do you know that offers the same large battles on a continent sized map?

What game has features coming in the next few months that will change how the game is fundamentally played?

With continental lattice, new battle islands, continent locking, the new resource system this game is about to get a whole lot bigger.
  18. ViXeN

Get past the learning curve and actually give yourself some time to understand the game. I wasn't sure about this game at first but the more I play the more I love it.
  19. ent|ty

The deathmatcher types love it though.
  20. MilitiaMan

I've been playing since Alpha, ups and downs I still enjoy the game and log in every day and play at least an hour or so.

The battles are NEVER the same, the fight might be at the same base but the fighting isn't the same. The people fighting aren't the same and the flow of battle is never the same.

If you have played for a week and think you have experienced everything I hate to say it but you are probably doing it wrong or haven't left the warpgate yet.
    • Up x 1