Glimmer of hope on Mattherson?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MarlboroMan-E, Aug 4, 2013.

1. EliteEskimo

I'm sorry but then BWC by your definition BWC has "curb stomped" every major/good outfit on the VS and NC side several times as well. I'm not trying to brag here, or saying that the VS outfits aren't good because they have some of the best in Planetside 2, but when BWC has OPs on Tuesdays and Fridays at prime time we get a lot done and far more often than not we take the object we are aiming at. If players on NNG, DA, GOTR, and heck sometimes even GOKU humbles themselves to give us a compliment on how we operate then that should tell you something. Every Faction on Mattherson has good outfits, and even the NC have SG and CML.

I will say that we don't use command chat enough, but otherwise your claim that TR has no good outfits is merely a weightless claim and shouldn't even have been brought up. If there is one thing that annoys me it's blanket statements, and the TR have been the only faction to ever continent lock Indar by ourselves during Prime Time with the VS at their prime and the only faction to hold Indar for 2-3 straight days when the best of the NC/VS both fought against us in a straight up alliance. Statistically speaking TR have been the most underpopulated faction on Mattherson the longest, we continue to be, and we will continue to win despite all of that.:cool:
    • Up x 1
  2. Typhoeus

I did not grab a screenshot of the population pie charts at the warpgate terminals as I checked them when there was about 2 minutes left to the end of the alert (logged after the certs) but I swear to god that's what the population's were at. As you said yourself, nearly everyone flocked away from onatha once we capped it. Huge mistake right there. A platoon or two would have been more then enough to hold it for another 20 minutes. And with our overwhelming numbers, no reason to being unable to stop the VS capping it :/ Then again maybe the pop charts are complete BS as some people have suggested? This isn't the first time we have overwhelming numbers and don't completely dominate a continent either. I'm talking 50%+ TR. Either the pop stats are wrong or we need to improve. Like alot.
  3. mpal

So you're saying the TR need multiple outfits to do what one VS outfit can do? I guess thats pretty cool from an organization perspective.

It really isnt that difficult to defend an amp station. Ive been a part of an amp station defense that held off at least 4 platoons with just one VS platoon for over 30 mins. Its pretty lulzy how you say "we got embarrassed" when alerts, near even pop, are more about controlling aggro from the 3rd faction. IE getting the two factions to nearly all-in against each other while your faction sweeps in and takes nearly undefended objectives. This has happened to every faction tbh. The VS and NC have won alerts while the lowest pop by virtue of luck, honestly.

Ah yeah, so the TR finally figured out that they shouldnt just stay on indar as a faction until they are the highest pop during an alert. Jesus christ it only took them hundreds of whiny forum threads about being underpopped and allowing the VS insane amount of dominating victories at near even world pops since GU13 to figure this out.

Having played on my TR for over a month, I can tell you the TR leadership is crap. They are the weakest leaders I have seen play organized games. If the going gets tough, they just switch continents or log or switch to their VS chars.

lewl what the hell are you smoking?
  4. mpal

Curbstomping? Ah so you mean face rolling by virtue of zerging. Sorry bro, calling a max crash with over 70% pop in a hex is still considered zerging, no matter how "tactical" or "organized" you are about it.

I dont give BWC credit because your overall membership skill is crap. You may have one or two diamonds in the rough, but thats really it. But then again, you are in the same category of SG and CML in that regard so I cant blame you for thinking you're the best on mattherson. "Tactical" and "organized" ****ties will never beat "tactical" and "organized" good players.

The TR have been underpopped for a total of 1.5 months. The VS were underpopped from January all the way until mid May. For that 1.5 month period, you have been zerging the **** out of indar. During prime time, there were alerts on esamir or amerish. Had the TR actually fought for the alerts with the NC, instead of sitting at 40% pop on indar with a 28% server pop, the VS wouldnt have won so many dominating victories. It would have been more fun for every side.

The truth behind all of this TR forum warrioring is that the TR generally just want to zerg the **** out of hexes just like the VS and NC pubbies do. That is where the hypocrisy lies. You whine about being zerged, yet when the opportunity offers itself to be the zerg the TR are the first to take the opportunity. This includes BWC, 903, HYNB, ETC. I say this with experience playing my TR char and VS char. I didnt get over 500 exp/hr with my TR char by zerging nor having boosts. I actually fought during those alerts for the TR with 5% pop. There were days where I was getting over 100% exp bonus. I would actually earn more than 15k exp over the course of an alert with those amazing pop bonuses.
    • Up x 1
  5. Giggily

Haha, the latest Biolab alert on Mattherson ended with TR basically giving up on fighting VS at Rashnu and all just going to fight NC at Allatum while the cont pops were still 30%~ split, followed by mass desertion in the NC and TR ranks. Fortunately I was streaming the entire thing and I've already uploaded some footage.

6. Vanon

It's not your fault that your ignorant as i doubt you played on TR / NC matherson. After the MAX game update, the majority of vet's left TR and NC. I'm not just talking about the enclave. I know a handful of outfits that had droves of BR 70+ guy's that got sick of the update and left. Hell my old outfit use to field 2-3 squads and there are maybie 4 active players left. That being said, the majority of NC and from what i've seen, TR as well, are under BR 30. Now i know you like to talk smack, like the rest of the little kids, but let me introduce you to a few facts:

1. VS has had nearly 2 months of free certs in the form of winning every single alert.
    2. Your up against guy's that don't even have a fully certed gun, let alone a decent AMS sundie or armor.
    3. Your out populated TR at times by double, and have atleast 10% on NC.
    4. Nearly every VS hex thats contested has 48+ in it.
    5. I've never seen your outfit preform any strategy other then spawn camping.

So basicly let me get this streight. Despite VS being overpopulated by a large amount, and always having 48 guys in a hex, you say everyone else zergs.... Then you say they suck even though you've had 2 months of free alert certs, and had the majority of high BR enemys quit.....

I don't think i'm alone in saying that your opinion doesn't count, nor is it valid. It goes to show that good players don't equal smart ones.
    • Up x 1
  7. koopa

actually i was there during the takeover, it was no mere 11%, we had a full 2 platoons drop on our heads and about 15-25 people were stuck in the "i dun wanna go out there and die ;3;" set of mind not even 5 minutes into the battle. so what we were effectively left with was our small platoon of 3 squads and whatever others went out the spawn vs 2 platoons of VS.

and yes, i monitored the pop balance there the entire time, it was about even with a slight advantage to the VS almost the entire time they had set up shop at the northern satellite base till the SCU fell. then GOKU crashed the party and talked smack like they did a lick of work.
  8. Ender

1. Apparently you didn't look at his sig.

2. You probably haven't seen much of us because you're already moving onto the next base leaving the one you were at defenseless. That's the place you'll find us. Camping spawns is only done if we're extremely bored because of overpop.
  9. EliteEskimo

It seems you lack basic reading comprehension because I said by WARMACHINE'S definition of curb stomping we were curb stomping, which is to say defeating but not shutting down over and over and implying it wasn't a challenge at all. Furthermore BWC has the best air force on Mattherson rivaling only QRY in terms of individual skill, and arguably the best armor force as well. I even complemented Mattherson VS in my post you quoted, calling the VS some of the best in PS2 so really I don't see what's your major malfunction is dude. We've gotten compliments from DA and all the other respectable VS outfits on Mattherson so regardless if you're not mature/humble enough to compliment someone on the TR/NC faction at least as a whole your outfit and faction is able to do so. I will continue to compliment DA when we get in a good battle with them, because I recognize the skill level upon which the operate. Hopefully you can learn to do the same one day...

As for your claim that TR has only been underpopulated for a total of 1.5 Months that's the true lie by a mile. I won't just go off my words and the fact that I've been on Mattherson since the day it has launched to prove you wrong though, here is a chart that shows TR consistently being the most underpopulated faction from March to August, so unless you can't count that's rougly 5 months and not 1.5. http://sirisian.com/planetside2/population.php?world=17&timezone=-6&allfactions=false .

Furthermore I acknowledge that the VS were underpopulated in the beginning of Mattherson's history but the TR were also in the middle and often closer to be underpopulated with the VS while the NC were overpopulated. If anyone is blowing things out of proportion and forum warrioring here it's you not me. Here are screen shots to prove it, and my signature shows that I made my character the day Mattherson Launched.:)
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Lastly the fact you think the BWC wins by zerging and max crashing and not proper tactics is so asinine that you lost a lot of credibility with me and frankly anyone who is familar with BlackWidowCompany. BWC actively tries to AVOID ZERGING:rolleyes: and especially tries to avoid TR pub Zergs to avoid losing armor and air to pubs who TK us accidentally. We generally find rolling with a zerg to be extremely boring and not challenging to us.

I don't expect you to know that, but what I do expect you to do is not talk about BWC like they act like pubs with mediocre tactics. BlackWidowCompany was given an UltimateEmpireShowdown Invitation partially due to their tactics, and SOE also used the BlackWidowCompany for multiple parts in the tactical Planetside 2 video at E3 for that reason as well. You can even hear Aleksiel, which is our lead commander, voicing commands during the video itself.:cool:

I do not care about your biased opinion that Mattherson TR has no good outfits, because most other reasonable VS/NC/TR will say otherwise including those in your own outfit so frankly just...

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  10. Vanon

New to the quote system are we? No i've fought DasAnfall plenty of times. I have no doubt he is a great individual player either. Im mearly stating that his egotistical attitude doesn't come from a place of credability. It comes from fighting underpowered and undermanned opponents. Case and point, look at your own signature. Your KD on VS is about 3, your KD on NC and TR is about 2. Why is that? Because going down from 3 to 2 k/d is a pretty big jump considering its the same player.

Like i said before, im not saying your bad players. What im saying is that the guy lacks perspective. You can't sit there saying "oh my outfit is the best ever" when your never outnumbered, out leveled or outgunned. It's even more of a folly when you say outfits like BWC and CML have no tactics. Like em or hate em, CML was the only outfit in the history of the war reports to win ever base, and they did it by very specific tactics. I've fought against BWC and though repetative, they have some pretty well known tactics. There is just no credibility in what the guy is saying.
    • Up x 1
  11. mpal

Lol, look at my sig. Ignorance is bliss I guess. The majority of vets leaving because of one balance problem? Lol thanks for proving my point. No stomach for a hard fight. I played TR and NC almost exclusively during the last half of may and june. You are just mad bc the truth stings.

1. Since most of the vs pop was 4th faction, they were terrible players. Halfway through, most vs players werent even br40. Sure 10k exp is a good chunk, but you get more exp for actually fighting in the alert.

2. The influx of new TR didnt start until early july. You had plenty of vets and people earned more exp due to underpop. Especially if they fought on the alert continent. That is, if.

3. This was true from 11 pm est to 4 pm est from late may to late june.

4. Lolwut? Every faction does this. Are you serious with this fact? The truth is, had the TR and NC actually only fought the vanu outside of primetime, the overpop wouldnt have snowballed and the vs wouldnt have been so dominant during alerts. But **** common sense thi, right?

5. Haha this must be a troll. Good try.

Considering how many logical jumps you made, I guess I'll have to spell this out for you. Considering you can't have more than 666 on a continent and the alerts during may and june were singular continent alerts, you could have had even fights on alert conts during primetime. However, when the majority VS pop would move to the alert continent, the majority of the TR would stay on indar. Since the vs werent drastically overpopped (more than 42%) during primetime, the majority TR would completely outpop the vs and nc on indar. Rather than going to a continent where the TRwould have even numbers by virtue of continent total population and awesome fights, they chose to stay on indar and steam roll the underpopped NC and VS unable to fight on the alert continent due to queu. This is obviously not always the case outside of primetime, but the general trend remained the same. TR outfit leaders even said flatout on the forums that they wouldnt leave indar until the vs overpop was fixed.

Even though the vs were overpopped, they were rarely at more than 50% pop unless an alert was about to end, even during obscure hours. It is conceivable that the NC amd TR could and should have fought the vs exclusively. This would have benefitted all sides. Everyone gets good fights. There isnt a guaranteed victory to any one side, etc, etc... This is your meta game, folks, and you completely missed the boat.

Considering I was one of the few VS to almost exclusively play my NC and TR during this time, I think I have some pretty good experience and a better perspective than you do.
  12. mpal

Really? You realize we specialize in fighting against greater numbers, right? We move away from vs zergs. We typically fight 25-48 with less than a squad. We spend more time looking on the map for fights that look completely lost for the vs and we try to save the territory, typically with less than a squad. You don't average more than 1 kpm fighting in zerged hexes and spawn camping.

I'll admit dzire has done a good job turning a **** outfit into a mediocre one. Who did you fight in that war report btw? Bbro who isnt around any more and who else? Lol that like claiming you won your ladder in TWL in 2006.

Ah some cml forum warrior. This explains a lot haha. Don't forget, CML is recruiting.
  13. Vanon

Oh i looked at your sig. Your talking crap about how NC and TR don't have tactics. By the way, whats your K/D in chess?

Your point was that NC and TR didnt have stomach for a hard fight? Where did you make that point? I appreciate you trying to talk crap, but its failing pretty horridly. The guy's left because overpop + huge VS buff + huge NC nerf. If you read the forums, alot of players left for less. It made the game not fun for them. You do realize this is a game right? Thats about as valid a reason as someone can give.

10k every alert + over population every alert. You get more certs taking the bases in an alert, and outnumbering the enemy, then being the ones losing the base and being outnumbered.

I'm NC, and the vets left before we had a influx of new players. you are also wrong that you earn more xp due to underpop. Again, it doesnt matter if you have 1% or 10000% bonus xp, if you are getting steam rolled by massive VS zergs in the first 10 hours of playing the game. Your under the impression that numbers don't matter. Sure any vet knows how to get xp, but we are talking guy's that just started their account in july. Most PUG newbies don't even know how to overload a generator.
    No, this was basicly from june till now. It's starting to be balanced in primetime, but thats only been the last 2 or 3 weeks at best.

Again, no. NC on almost every alert on the alert contentent has 2 maybie 3 48+. VS has anywhere from 4-8. I'm surpised at being the great tactical leader (based on your sig that has nothing to do with tactics) you haven't pulled up the map and looked at the fights going on more often.
    No troll. I've fought you guys enough to know that your essentially a group of individual players. I've taken bases from you in PUG squad/platoons enough to know that you don't protect generators, flank, have groups of players working together. Actually enders stream kinda shows that. Don't get me wrong, your great individual players, but thats all you are.

Except for (and there are several screenshots floating around) of VS during prime time, on alert contentents having 60-72%. Strange huh? Whats even more strange is that during those 72%, which i have a screen shot somewhere, we had 3 platoons on the continent. I'll defently agree it snowballed. It wasn't the original VS players fault either, but the fact is it happened, and we are still recovering from it. What really happened is that when the vets left, the remaining platoon leaders got burned out. We just didnt have the expierence in the faction to fight an alert when we where out numbered, out BR'ed, and out resourced, with few leaders left. NC and TR essentially got raided and our most valueable stuff got stolen. Please note, i am not talking about TE. Those guy's where the one silver lineing.
    suuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeee you have. I'm positive you didnt slink back to your VS char during alerts or when things got tough. Me on the otherhand have played NC matherson since beta, and though i took a month break, i came back a month before all this stuffed happened. I've been in the middle of it. The effect of it completely destroyed the outfit i was in, and i've been one of the guys on the NC who has been rebuilding it. Cute though. My cat apparently played VS when this stuff was going on and says your full of crap.
    • Up x 1
  14. Vanon

Oh i'm not in CML. Nor am i TR which you suggested earlier. Nice assumption. That explains most of your posts. Wild assumptions that are tragicly wrong. Maybie its just me, but i've never seen your tag in a Hex that doesn't 24-48 or greater VS. Perhaps thats the population issue, or perhaps your making stuff up. Ya do know we can see the public streams from you guys right?
  15. Kortez12

Eliteeskimo cares very much about this subject.
    • Up x 1
  16. mpal

Tell me how you really feel.
  17. Crashmatusow

only tr players could fail to abuse tr weaponry
  18. Phrygen

Any glimmer of hope on Mattherson that GU12 provided was squashed by GU13.

Mattherson is all about elite outfits destroying disorganized BR<25 players, Farming enemy zergs out of the spawn room, and the decent fights from around 6-10 p.m. eastern, particularly on Tuesday Wednesday and Friday.

Never thought i would say this, but Waterson is the superior eastern server now. Recommending mattherson at all is almost doing a disservice to new players. I don't even feel right trying to convince new players to stay on the server or on a particular faction.
    • Up x 1
  19. RealityWarrior

I give up. How can you honestly believe this? Not a night goes by with out comments in orders hourly. Command chat is constantly busy with inter communication between outfits.

Heck it isn't uncommon for someone from Outfit A to be in Outfit B's teamspeak to help coordinate. Muti-outfit redeploy? Rarely do we do so at the exact same time but hitting a spot and finding a tough fight it is VERY common to ask for help or vise versa to go help another outfit where they are having a rough time.

if you or your outfit isn't seeing this then no one has command chat or has it turned on.

Or you are just blind, or simply trolling.
  20. Giggily

It also helps that Amp Stations are by far the easiest of the three facilities to defend assuming that the defenders a) are slightly organized c) know that they're doing and b) have at least 30% pop in the hex. We sat inside an Amp Station one time with like 30%~ pop and just completely stonewalled the attackers.