Accidently chose wrong server for my location.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by SmegHead74, Aug 5, 2013.

1. SmegHead74

Hi

Just started playing recently. When i logged in just now i realized i had chosen the Briggs server (AU). Pretty sure i had chosen a EU server, since i´m in Sweden.

Is Briggs an Australian server, located in AU ? How will this impact my/others ping? Recently i´ve had problems even connecting to the server. I haven´t experienced any lag when i connect though.

Can anyone explain how the different servers work?
  2. Osskscosco

You will have around 250-300 ping which gives you a huge delay and disadvantage in the game. Not to mention that australians usually play when you don't so server will be empty.

Delete character and remake it on another server. If you only started now then there is nothing to lose.
  3. Vokker

You will die 1 second after running behind cover. This also goes to flying around tight circles. The other pilot will get a faster shot on you etc...

I opened a ticket regarding this, But they have yet to fix the game for international players. Never heard from them again.
  4. Artifex78

How? By changing nature's own laws? :)
  5. Radec594

I play from the EU on Connery, which is US West, the opposite end from me.

Of course if you compare the two, you'll notice a big difference, mostly when accessing terminals or suffering from lag compensation (aka getting killed after running into cover); but once you get used to it, it's manageable, I don't find it horribly disrupting.

But yeah, just make a new character on the server you'd like, it's not a problem.
  6. Vokker

I'll show you...

Electronic Arts got it to work. Sadly NOT Sony.

BF4 comes out... I'm gone.

This game should be playable for every one. Not just Europeans, Australians and North America. :(