Alerts are now too few

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PwNrJoKeR, Aug 4, 2013.

1. PwNrJoKeR

I logged on this morning with an alert that had an hour and 20 minutes left with vanu controlling 70% of Amerish. I finished up the last 5% which took about 5 minutes and only got 1400xp. Now, I'm fine with this; however, it now feels like Alerts are too few. As much as I play, I find it rare that I'm online during one, I can play for 5 hours straight and not see a single Alert.

Alerts used to come around too much but now they are too few and I feel like SOE needs to find some sort of middle ground. I also feel like people should vote for the kind of Alert they'd prefer even if it's still random I think SOE can use this data to put one type of alert in favor of the others. For example, I'd vote for Biolab Alerts. Also, I'd like a text message sent to my phone when the pre-Alert timer shows up. :D
  2. BetaGuru

Sorry man, but I gotta disagree with you on this one. Alerts happen all the time when I'm playing and I hate them. It seems they did away with the territory control alerts and now it's just amp stations and biolabs, amp stations and bio labs, over and over again. I loathe bio lab alerts because bio lab fights are always a drag. You either ghost the facility, or its an hour-long meat grinder stalemate. Awful.

SOE should just do what GW2 does in WvWvW. Every week or two weeks, tally the score. Declare a winner. Dole out certs. Reset the clock. Let the players dictate the pace of the war.
  3. PwNrJoKeR

The alert I just logged on during was a territory alert on Amerish. Not everyone likes a good biolab fight but I can tell you it is by far the best cert farm without getting hammered by vehicles and liberators. Anyways, that's what voting is for! I'm really jealous if you're getting as many alerts as you say you are.
  4. FIN Faravid

Alerts are in fact too often, they should be something "WHOA what is happening", not something "WHEN IS IT HAPPENING".
  5. PwNrJoKeR

Hmmm, I noticed both of you are from different servers. I believe the alert system is a band aid for servers with not a healthy population. In other words, if there isn't a whole lot of players online, an Alert will pop up in order to get anyone whose online in that single area, be it a biolab fight on Indar or a tech plant fight on Amerish. Connery has a pretty healthy population except when it's early in the morning -- pretty much the only time I see Alerts, any other time of the day is rare.
  6. deggy

I think there are still too many. The last few days there have been a near-constant stream on Mattherson, and I'm really getting sick of it.
  7. Crewell

I don't mind less alerts per day. A lot of time when they start it ruins any current battles going on as people relocate for the new objective.