Did anyone notice these nerfs?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Nyscha, Jul 31, 2013.

1. Nyscha

I've not been playing for almost a month now and check the forums every so often and haven't seen any infiltrators mention these nerfs.
  2. Kilimarr

I think the mine nerf is to help people avoid getting deliveries, but havent noticed much of a difference if any.

The hip reticule change however is something I'm deeply against, and personally I believe it should be changed so it turns green when over friendlies and no nothing else.

The throw thingy I dont think i have read that but i take it it's about the grenades? I suck at those so can't comment on it.
  3. Get2dachoppa

AP mines also animate and make a noise just before blowing up. Doesn't seem to be much time to react other than hearing the click and knowing you're in for a big boom a split second later. I think the damage got buffed though? Or maybe the inner blast radius expanded...I forget the specifics. Might encourage people to cert flak armor again which means dealing with less nanoweave when sniping.
  4. Konfuzfanten

You do know that they also buffed mines? Now the inner dmg (instant kill at nanoweave 5) is 2 meters instead of 1,5 meters. Might not sounds like much, but the difference is big since at 2 meters you cant run through a AI mine and be outside the inner radius blast dmg.
  5. CuteBeaver

I have learned using nades in frontal confrontations generally don't work out well. Even at 0.250 seconds if you take the time to toss a nade at oncoming enemies they will still gun you down in the ensuing fight. Even with EMP's . Its always better to ambush from behind with the grenade so unless the target is moving you should be able to handle it. Even if the target is moving you should be able to compensate unless they get cover. If they do manage cover anyway the chances of you being able to kill them are slim. Even more important is you should probably not be attacking them in the first place.

The bonus to this change is you can begin your "throw" behind cover now, and pop out for the release. So in that sense it offers more of a tactical buff if your quick enough to time it right.
  6. Plague Rat

Well first off, the mine things aren't nerfs. They just look that way when you post them completely out of context from the buffs that went with them, like the bigger kill radius and damage increase at the outer radius. Though I wouldn't care even if the delays were more significant. They're mines. Not grenades, or C4.

As for the spotting and reticle changes, they're nothing significant. For mine spotting this SHOULD only effect engineers since AV mines generally have to be placed in open areas where they might be spotted. You'd have to actively try not to put thought into mine placement for this to be a significant problem for AP mines.

And the reticle thing, if you're that close to a target and directly in front of them like that then you should be trying to deliver that information yourself at muzzle velocity, in which case the bullets make it pretty obvious.
  7. Aimeryan

Agree with the first paragraph. They should not be being used as suicide/delivery anyway; although I am not necessarily against this, I do think that being used in this way makes them less likely to looked on favourably for defence and may miss buffs or even end up getting more nerfs. The radius changes and the arming time changes make a lot of sense when looking at it from a defensive point of view.

Second paragraph, maybe. I have the feeling that this is being put in as a pseudo buff to infiltrators because we are the only class that is unlikely to just shoot them (because we want to remain undetected) - thus, we can spot them instead. However, spotting makes a loud noise as well...

Third paragraph, disagree. (Am)bushing is a valid playstyle; this change means anyone near a bush now has a chance to find you without actually paying any attention to the bush, as long as their crosshair momentarily skims over the bush (intentional or not). I see no reason why this is needed or should be encouraged. The far better alternative (if worth putting in at all) is to make allied units turn the crosshairs green like others have mentioned, assuming it is for IFF purposes.
  8. OldMaster80

Concerning the mines personally I don't care. 0,5 secs doesn't change a thing, moreover last update increased Claymores damage so I'm ok with it.
  9. KnightCole

So when r tank gums getting buffed? Everyone is ok with a mine ohk but if a 150 or 6inch wide 5ft tall 100lb projectile lands at thier feet they cry op and got them nerfed.

Tank guns now need 1250@2.5m for heat and 1550@3m for he.
  10. zaspacer

It seems I am the only Infil that felt a big loss with the Personnel Mine change.

I USED to use the mines a lot to take out (non-LA) people chasing me. Recently instead of turning a corner and dropping a mine my pursuer then ran into, I've been turning a corner and dropping a mine then having my pursuer run past it unharmed and shooting me.

With the Flash Scout Radars change (no longer need to blow them up) and now the Personnel Mine change (can no longer reliably drop them to kill person chasing you), I am feeling I may just switch the last loadout I have with it to MedKit. Dunno.

Change a Tank Gun so it only get 2 rounds and it has to reload at a vehicle terminal (player has to exit tank and run to terminal) and I am ok with those Rounds OHKing Infantry (unless they have Flak Armor).

The game is balanced for playability, not for accuracy. No HA is gonna be able to effortlessly maneuver a gun with a 5 foot barrel around corners in narrow spaces. No small aircraft is gonna survive 1 ground-to-air rocket. No Infantry is gonna take a Bolt Action shot to the head and live (let alone run away). No Sniper has problems holding their breath for more than 3 seconds. Nobody is gonna design mines that glow and strobe. Nobody is gonna get hit by bullet spray and be able to actually react by nimbly dodging, turning around, and accurately returning fire. Nobody is gonna design anti-vehicle mines that are huge and sit on the top of the road.
    Nobody is gonna design bases with walls like Swiss Cheese. Nobody is gonna design a teleport transit system that doesn't actually enable you to travel where you want to go. Nobody is going to design a vehicle that can't be repaired by a person inside it like the Harrassar can. No Class is gonna limit themselves from using better guns that other Classes are using. No jungle world is gonna be so lacking in actual jungle area. Etc.

Yes, I know a big projectile seems like it should be able to kill an Infantry. But if the game were designed for anything to work that seems like it should work, then it would be a totally different game.
  11. KnightCole

No one id going to make a tank with a gun that big that has such a pitiful blast radius.

Oh and u mention unless they have flsk armor...makes it pretty usefulhuh?

Tanks need thier blasts buffed up some. Its sad atm.

But u crack me up how ur ok with the mine ohk infantry. The tank wouldnt ohk u it would ohk thr warpgate spawn room and ne one in it
  12. zaspacer

That's the idea.

Gotta make Flak Armor useful or people won't consider wearing it. Kinda lame if everyone just chooses to wear Nanoweave... like it is now.

As an Infiltrator, the only Tank that consistently annoys me is the Prowler. And that's mostly just them AoE shelling Spawn Rooms. And that's mostly when the AoE radius isn't nerfed.

Many Personnel Mines DON'T OHK Infantry. But it kinda makes using them pointless if they don't reliably kill the intended target.

With your logic HAs should kill tanks with one Rocket:
  13. KnightCole

Yeah maybe my logic would suggest that but at this point ur being biased against tanks just cuz u run infil.

Its your own fault if u ser the tank snd still run in front of it.

Tank br should be able to ohk a nwa 0guy and atleast 2 shot them at a fair distance. 2m is a good enuff distancr for that. Its like 10feet.

And ha should be able to like 3 shot a tank game if he catches in the rear.

Right now tanks cant kill inf and inf cant kill tanks. Both just tend to run from each other after one is hit enuff
  14. AnuErebus

Hip reticule also works against corpses so it's absolutely worthless right now if there's any fighting going on since your reticule will be red most of the time.

The Betty and Proxy firing delay actually seems to be perfectly timed so people runing over them are right in the middle of the blast by the time they go off. Plus their outer damage got increased so they kill high ranks of nanoweave now. They got buffed.

Claymores meanwhile... the delay actually makes it so you can run past the claymores blast radius before it goes off unless you're running at it head on. And if you're doing that you may want to get your eyes checked. =P

Spotting explosives is heavily underused. If they're spotted the person spotting them is likely to blow them up anyways.Actual impact on gameplay is negligible.

Throw time is barely noticeable and they also increased the arming delay which I find perfectly acceptable. Frisbee miners are still plenty effective at getting kills.
    • Up x 1
  15. NinjaTurtle

These nerfs aren't worth mentioning.

Mines are more powerful now overall imo, The radius was increased which I consider a bigger buff than the small nerfs. I'm still getting good results with my Betties

The reticule change is just stupid, maybe should have just been an implant (target acquisition) for the limited use you could get from it. Not sure how bad your eyes need to be to not see an enemy 8m in front of you though
  16. Rigsta

The mines have a significantly larger effective radius now and are much more reliable - I'm getting more kills with them than before.

Claymores are still pretty laughable though. Those lasers are so obvious, TR have to get very creative with their placement.
  17. Radec594

God forbid people stop b****ing about stuff once in a while.
    Great thread.
  18. Scudmungus

In RL? Typically, the aim is to create wounded, which require a considerable greater investment of resources to manage.

And then there's the psychological aspect.

Fear of maiming. Fear of living life maimed, dependent, vulnerable, weak, less.

You'd think the fear of death would be the kicker...!
  19. TeknoBug