At what KDR would you decide your unskilled and quit?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kimble, Jul 31, 2013.

1. Vortok

When I'm not having fun and don't feel like I'm improving.

Which can happen with a positive or negative KD.
  2. Theodwulf

Stop playing when the game is not fun..that is the only metric that matters.
  3. AlphaMiC

4. Blue_Moon

At a KD of -2?

No, seriously, the thing is that K/D truly doesn't matter. I have a K/D of 1, but that's because I am willing (some would say gutsy and others would say reckless) enough to get into the fray because I think it's fun (and because I get killed by some more... interesting circumstances). I could get a K/D of 1337 if I wanted to by farming, basically. If you think that's fun, go for it. I don't.
    Of course, we all have bad streaks, and if that's the case, taking a break for a day or two can be good.
  5. Sneakier

6. ALeviathan

K/D is a personal thing and I use it to set goals for my own play type for each situation/class e.g.

MBT, I want at least 5 kills before I die.
    Lightning. (99% Sky Guard). Goal, protect Sundy's, kill/scare away as much aircraft as possible. Not unusual to go 10+ K/D with the mobile Gatling gun.
    Heavy,Goal 2-3 as front line soldier is to kill, not to be killed easily.
    Eng', Goal 0.5 - 1. Must keep MAX units up and repair vehicles. Mining MBT's and Sunderers, don't care if I suicide as long as the vehicle is down.
    Light Inf', don't care as I'm trying to either kill a MAX or vehicle.
    Medic, 1 ish. Goal to keep healing and ressing as long as possible and a kill or so is a bonus.
    Inf', Goal 2 + as I flank a lot and try to take out as many as I can.
    Planes, Don't fly.

If I'm at or above my goal for each class in a play period, I'm happy I've rendered my services to my faction well. If I play poorly, the only faction I've helped is the enemy for letting them gain easy certs from me.
  7. Gustavo M

[IMG]Well....um. THERE'S NO QUIT IN TR, SOLDIER!
  8. aaronsteel

I play this game for fun, not to try and jack up my KD so I can stroke my epeen.

The biggest killstreak I've ever had was around 50 people that I killed with my bolt action rifle. The shots weren't even that hard to pull off. Most of the people I killed were only 10-20 yards away and failed to notice me only because I was wedged into a tiny crevasse.

Other than that, I'm pretty much comically bad at this game. I try to have fun. Ergo, KD is an irrelevant stat for me personally. I prefer to let people much better at the game and much more competitive than me try to get a good kd ratio. Meanwhile, I'll be here going on killstreaks of 2-3 people and trying to res people with my crappy little medi gun.
  9. Rebelgb

Mine sucks and I dont care
    I play Engi a lot and spend most my time running around healing maxs and tanks. This results in a lot of deaths with not a lot of kills. I lay mines but lately dont seem to get much for kills off them.

When playing HA I try to play mostly AA and AV so again, I die a lot to infantry with few kills to show for it. I have been known to go on suicide missions with my Flash and HA in order to try and encourage my outnumbered allies to overtake a defended position. I also do this with my tank from time to time.

Finally I love flying my Mossie even though I suck at it. Its not unlikely for me to have 10 deaths or more flying my Mossie and few if no kills over a long gaming session. Hey im trying. Someday maybe...
  10. ent|ty

When ever I get a low KDR in game, its usually do to latency.
    I get moments of high fps and low latency on teh server, and I'll go on a rampage like Superman.
    Then I'll spend the next 30 mins not causing damage, or taking 45 bullets to kills someone right in front of me, etc wont see players and mines until too late, and the KDR gets cut in half again.

Of course, not all of my deaths are latency related, but many of them are.
    The prime killer in my ESF for example is me slamming into hills when my allegedly SUPERSPEED connection to PS2 stutters for a moment.
  11. WookLordz

How many times would you use "your" incorrectly before you decided you could not write and quit?
  12. Yetskii

My KDR is .475. Why? One I fly a liberator ~75% of the time, pilots get few kills. When not in my Lib and paying as a peasant, I am an engineer. I spend my time repairing Sunderers and Maxes. I die alot.

Do I give 2 *****? nope.
  13. PaperPlanes

Not sure what you're getting at. Is it the age old whine of the terminology differences, the football vs soccer thing? If that's the case, let me find a dead horse and some baseball bats. Maybe I should have said cricket bats. Should we beat it on the field or on the pitch? Should we eat cookies or biscuits afterwards?
  14. HooWoo

I must tell you, trying to maintain KDR is one thing, but trying to improve not only KDR but SPM by only playing a res, aggressive medic? crazy...
  15. Zluu

As a medic, it'd be nice to know my HDR (heals per death) rather than KDR
  16. Posse

I just wanted to mean that nobody outside the US would understand your analogy (including me of course) :p

P.S.: I don't even have a clue about how cricket is played.
  17. Negator

I love hypocrites.
  18. Van Dax

If I quit playing a game because I was bad I never deserved to be good.
  19. SinerAthin

KDR is actually a very miss-leading stat in Planetside 2, because it can create the illusion that your deaths matter.

If you ever wonder how good you are in PS2, look at your effort, and how it has contributed to capturing the objective.
    Nothing else matters.

P.S Why did they put KDR into the game in the first place? Tribes(objective based shooter) removed KDR pretty quickly.
  20. toxs

It took me 10,000 deaths to get a KD of 1.0, now I am at 2.0 with 30,000 kills and 15,000 deaths. Anyone can turn their KD around.