So about that 5760x1080...

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by PhiladelphiaCollins, May 5, 2013.

1. Tradewind

Yeah some sort of response, positive or negative.

If it's "no, it'll never happen," then so be it...I mean it'd be silly in 2013 for a game not to support it outright; but at least I won't have to keep checking if it works every GU.
  2. Skid

It won't be that, not unless they are really stupid enough to not to remember this is a large scale team game, and as such there will be equal numbers of triple-monitor users on each side, so any advantage balances out among the teams.

If nothing else they just see you guys as a minority so a low priority, failing to remember the fact it worked in the beta and they promised it for release. Hell they might not even release they I'm betting all of you are happy to live without any HUD and UI fixes, so long as the fix the FoV.
  3. Tradewind

I would definitely use it if the hud was still a bit wonky, as long as it didn't feel like I was permanently zoomed in. It's seriously disorienting after a while. Hell even in TF2 the HUD isn't properly constrained and I still enjoyed it because it ran well and felt/looked good.

I mean on the plus side they did manage to fix the menus sort of, no more strange flickering and buttons not showing up. But now the menu is also at the wrong z-level and the bottom buttons all but vanish off the screen.
  4. leGit

I play portrait mode until landscape gets fixed
  5. TimoWasTaken

Can we please get an update on this issue?
  6. Siddy

no
  7. Daikar

I've been using the ps2fov fix for well over 8 months without a ban.

And they fixed the UI problems with menys not displaying at all.
  8. Daikar

I don't think anyone who plays competitive wants to use three screens, I wouldn't.
    A 120hz+ 2560x1440 monitor is what i would buy if I wanted to compete in MLG.
  9. IronWarrior

Why wouldn't they? Do you have three screens? Have you played any games on three screens?

Do you think a 120HZ monitor helps over skill or something?
  10. Tejota

11. Daikar

Yes i have both three monitors and a Qnix display clocked to 98hz.
    I never said a monitor will help your skills but a smooth gameplay at 100+fps will help you compared to a 30-60 I'm getting on three screens.

You are free to disagree with me on this but I'm pretty sure anyone who plays in MLG would agree with me.
    FPS > field of view.

Saying a monitor doesn't help you and that it's all skill is like saying it doesn't matter what car you drive, its all the driver.
  12. Daikar

13. Tradewind

14. leGit

bump for answers please
  15. TimoWasTaken

It would be really great if we could get this added to the roadmap, or a timeframe, or really any sort of acknowledgement whatsoever.
  16. Reloaded

Sweet. So I see that STILL nothing has been mentioned about this...

How awesome. Really.
  17. leGit

new update
  18. Drasilov

Never realised people thought multiple monitors was a cheat before. Its not really. I used to play this in landscape which means the minimap is useless as its too far away from your central vision to see it. If you see movement in your peripheral vision, whoever it is is normally gone by the time you have turned your head round to see. My FPS cut by around a third in multiple monitors as well.

A lot of things pop in on the peripheral monitors then pop out again when you try to get them on the central monitor so you cant spot or fire on them anyway. Many turrets and vehicles are borked as well.

I play in portrait mode which is pretty much the same as using a big monitor now. That's an advantage because I can far easily see someone at distance due to the bigger picture. I used to play on a projector on a 5ft square screen which made it even easier.

A bigger monitor is a much greater advantage than a triple IMO. Though the game does look very cool in landscape for cinematic style videos...
  19. leGit

bump please
  20. Fifty6k

lol... this still isnt fixed?