Best smg for vanu?Sirius or the new smg GU13

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Navoletti, Jul 28, 2013.

1. Navoletti

yeah i finally need buy a weapon for my infiltrator but i need a recomendation of best smg...

siriusor thenew smg..

what mods need add?what certifications of infiltrator recomended more?

for now i only unlock proxmines and level 1 of pirate terminals...

need nanoweave armor?need other ability in this slot?

i need wait for the new abilities of roadmap?
  2. Snowkea

For a CQC infiltrator, the eridani (the first smg) is the one I've found to be the best. Wait until the infiltrator update before spending too many certs.
  3. UnDeaD_CyBorG

That's a lot of questions in rather bad english, but I'll try my best to understand all of them.

The Sirius is about sustainability, high firerate with a very large magazine, and for an SMG very high Projectile speed.
    It's reliable and easy to use.
    For Infiltrators, a suppressor is probably not a bad idea, the gun has the projectile speed for it.

The new NS SMG, the PDW, is a rather subpar gun at short ranges, but retains it's maximum bullet damage until 15m distance, so you will have a damage advantage between 6 and 65m. You pay for this with a little bit of fire rate.
    Projectile speed is the same as the Sirius, so pretty high again. With short bursts, it'll be a viable medium range weapon with good hipfire, if you subscribe to a more aggressive approach, the Automatic Scout Rifle of your faction will probably prove the better choice for those distances.

As for suit upgrades, nearly all the suit upgrades are very affordable at the first level.
    If you don't know what mostly kills you, I'd suggest level 2 Nanoweave and go from there. You need to get a feel for what you need, or want to build upon.
    The first level of cloak is also a good buy.
    I personally sunk a lot of points into the Cloak Armour, but I'm not too fond of it; You need to build around it.

In any case, I recommend a reflex sight on those SMGs, whichever one you choose to take.
  4. LibertyRevolution

Sirius.
    • Up x 2
  5. TeknoBug

I've used the Artemis since launch and was a little put off when they added SMG's, so I went with the Eridani over the Sirius but eventually went back to the Artemis. I don't like the Sirius or other faction 2nd tier SMG (but the choose of the Hailstorm over the Armistice on TR is obvious).
  6. zaspacer

Depends what you want it for. If you want it for CQC, then Sirius is better with bigger Magazine and better kill time from 0-8m. If you want a more versatile gun that can perform in CQC but can also do well at farther ranges, then NS-7 is good.

NS-7 PDW vs. Sirius

NS-7 PDW w/ 2x Reflex + SPA + Advanced Laser Sight + Suppressor
    0-14m hipfire 0.64 seconds kill time
    15-20m hipfire/aimed 0.64 seconds kill time
    21-25m hipfire/aimed 0.72 seconds kill time
    26-35m aimed 0.72 seconds kill time
    36-49m aimed 0.84 seconds kill time
    50m aimed 0.97 seconds kill time

Sirius w/ 2x Reflex + SPA + Advanced Laser Sight + Suppressor
    0-8m hipfire 0.57 seconds kill time
    9-14m hipfire 0.64 seconds kill time
    15-20m hipfire/aimed 0.71 seconds
    21-22m aimed 0.71 seconds kill time
    23-28m aimed 0.78 seconds kill time
    29-35m aimed 0.78 seconds kill time
    36m-40m aimed 1.07 seconds kill time
    41m aimed 1.85 seconds kill time

"kill time" = damage/sec (on non-Infiltrator without Nanoweave) adjusted by single shot accuracy
    "single shot accuracy" = if you shoot a bullet on target will it hit (this IS NOT how accurate sustained fire is)
    If you swap out the Advanced Laser Sight for the Extended Magazine on the NS-7, it will reduce it's Hipfire range from 25m to 15m.

* Sirius has superior kill time to the NS-7 at 0-8 meters. (0.57 seconds vs. 0.64 seconds)
    * NS-7 has superior kill time to the Sirius at 23+ meters.
    * Sirius Adv Laser gives hipfire to 20 meters; NS-7 Adv Laser gives hipfire to 25 meters.
    * Sirius w/ Suppressor is Quiet; NS-7 w/ Suppressor is Loud.
    * Sirius Mag Size is bigger than NS-7 (50 vs. 30/40)
    * NS-7 has a Horizontal Recoil Bias to Left. (so it can be manually countered easier than Sirius's Horizontal Recoil: For NS-7, start shot at lower right edge of target, move mouse down and to right as you fire)
    * NS-7 has 0.2485 Horizontal Recoil vs. 0.4 Horizontal Recoil for Sirius, so NS-7 will be easier to steer sustained fire on Target at range.

Go the the VR and test them out. See which one you prefer.
    • Up x 1
  7. ironeddie

I've always favoured the eridani. Beware the new smg. It may look good now but standard soe practice is to nerf all new weapons to be inline with existing weapons of the same class once soe have made enough money from it.
  8. Blitzkrieg

All I can say is, Eridani for Infiltrator, Sirius for LA.
  9. CuteBeaver

The Sirius:
    Has the ability to kill close up (use your knife) as well as the advantage of having a larger clip to kill more targets between reloads. The Sirius is just a very flexible weapon to useand perfect for new infiltrators. You can use it with a stealth loadout effectively too. You can even take the suppressor off the gun for a damage bonus, and improvement to how the gun handles. Should you want to kill someone at longer range you have the ability to overcome low damage by tossing 50 rounds at the target. So its still possible to get very expensive kills at longer distances like 40-50 meters. The Sirius also has FANTASTIC hipfire with the advanced laser and its pretty easy for you to hipfire head-shots at 20 and 30 meters once you learn to aim accordinly and go for the center mass area near the torso/shoulders.

I normally run around w/o a suppressor using softpoint ammo, advanced laser, and an HS/NV scope or sometimes if its daytime on Esamir I might use a reflex scope. This is the loadout I typically use with Proxy mines and Nanoweave R5 when I have the support of others around me. The Sirius is just a very flexible SMG and it USED TO BE MY FAVORITE until everyone and their grandmother started wearing Nanoweave rank 5.

The Eridani:
    When I am truly going to be in CQC these days I switch to the Eridani. It does very well closer up then the Sirius and is perfect for 1 vs 1 engagements. It has a smaller clip but the trade off being it does more damage and handles smoother. Unfortunately you do not have the luxury of using the advanced laser with this SMG. Your hipfire range is reduced to around 20 ish meters. Its almost mandatory that you go for the extended magazine and bump the clip up to 35. Which is enough to kill 2 people typically with little room for error. The extra clip also makes up for the decreased hipfire accuracy since you can afford a few extra shots without running the gun dry.

I normally run around w/o a suppressor using softpoint ammo, extended mag, and either an HS/NV scope or sometimes the Reflex. For this gun my loadout is medkits and banodlier. The EMP grenades can really turn the small clip into a fantastic advantage. I usually use this gun solo, when I am a very hyper aggressive mood. I also run this loadout with my Outfits MLG trained squad in showmatches. The Eridani and bandolier with EMPS and medkits is hands down my favorite loadout for planetside 2 right now. It really gives you the ability to ambush people down, and supports a team using EMPs to soften the enemy defenses.

The NS-7 PDW:
    This has become my stealth based SMG favorite. At first I questioned the value of this gun. However if your really really sneaky and going for a more conservative and selective approach to taking down targets this is the SMG for you. The NS-7 has lower recoil multipliers. Its a minor difference but it means you can ADS with it for longer spurts / burst fire more accurately without doing a thing to the weapon. This really shines when you slap a suppressor on the gun.

I am really enjoying using a suppressor on it, as well as the advanced laser, and the HS/NV scope. For me at least, when I am ambushing a target who is unaware of my presence I typically ADS the first couple shots in the head and follow him with hipfire. (Unless hes a moving enemy because then its 100% hipfire to up to 30 meters)

A major bonus I found is with HS/NV scope you can aim down sights with great accuracy while your cloaked. This is a huge benefit when we are talking about ambush style play at ranges beyond 10 meters. Normally cloak prevents us from seeing our scope properly. When you do uncloak and fire the suppressor is keeping you concealed from other peoples radar. With the NS-7 PDW your kills at range are rapid and you can fade back into obscurity quickly. The extra distance between you and them allows you to make easier escapes as well.

One glaring problem with the gun I am experiencing is close range where I still have to use my knife or COMMY to get the job done. Playing conservatively and avoiding close range takes a little while to get used to.

EMP + COMMY or Knife at close range can save you from a mistake when an enemy gets too close for comfort. That being said Nanoweave R5 can really help you survive as well. I am finding my ideal NS-7 PDW loadout difficult to choose because in a perfect setting the extra EMP's would turn the gun into a powerhouse. So I am leaning towards sucking it up and dealing with the learning curve and lack of health so I can have the ability to ambush multiple targets with ease doing more with less bullets.

Speaking of which the glaring issue being the lack of bullets. This can be solved by having the foresight to reload after each kill, taking the 0.25 seconds to aim properly or switch to the secondary if the attack is sloppy. (Or its a HA / Nano R5) NS-7 PDW is not a hyper aggressive SMG by any means. I do think it has merit and I have easily achieved 10+ kill streaks with it. More often you see 4-5 typically. I think it really caters to a slightly different play style then we are all used to.
    • Up x 4
  10. Navoletti

I BUY THE SIRIUS!!

WHY SCOPE RECOMENDED FOR THIS WEAPON?THE SCOPE FOR CQC OR OTHER?

WHAT OF ALL I SEE 1 SCOPE WITH A ACTIVATOR IN THE SIDES THE MOMENT OF YOU HIT THE ENEMY OR RECOMENDED THE MORE NORMAL OF ALL?
  11. CuteBeaver

Good scope:

HS/NV:

[IMG]

Helps you aim better when cloaked. If your ready then uncloak and fire. Enemies out of range won't be as bright. You will know hitting them would be harder. It helps you learn what is too far away.

Reflex x1 or Reflex 2 are also very good.
  12. MNO

Sirius all day every day.

I've enjoyed ADSing with foregrip too, if you're looking for a little bit more range it's perfect. I generally use Adv Lasersight now though for a faster playstyle.
  13. RockPlanetSide2

I went with a 3x scope, compensator, and a grip on the N7... very pleased... you get a play style that the other 2 vanu SMGs can't give you, their bullet bloom/cone is all over the place at the range where the N7 is still hitting about 80% of its bullets.

It does not matter who says what or what numbers they post, the N7 is just not the hip fire weapon that the others are.

However, it is better than the other 2 base hip fire with out adding the ADV Laser sight, which I really don't think ads much to the N7 anyway... where as a Grip and Comp make it quite controllable for medium range attacks.. where the Erd and Sir will simply not work.

I think the number 1 thing you can do with the N7 is get EXTREMELY used to spraying and then knifing.

I posted this somewhere else as well, but doing the above you basically get a weapon that is between the Artimes and the Sirius... average, but good.

My play style is also not much based on stealth so i don't use a silencer (the N7 compensator is just too good), as I don't think it currently does much, so I like the range then N7 gives you as you just move from your old radar blip location then the N7s range lets you just kill who shows up to "investigate" from a safe distance.
  14. CuteBeaver

I too have been thinking about this. While I cannot deny how incredibly tight that advanced laser makes the hipfire the gun has more pressing issues and I think I could possibly get away with removing it . For me its the fact this gun has less bullets per clip which means less killing power overall. I think the actual term i am looking for is damage per mag.

I can get away using it without having more then 30 rounds but there are just so many situations where it is awesome to have that extra lasting power to finish off a 2nd fleeing target. Or if you happen to run into someone who is extremely good at dodging those extra rounds could make or break your engagement.

I might pick up the extended magazine and give it a try.

Your idea for the compensator and the grip is also novel. I will keep this in mind to save myself from buying a scout rifle lol. Which is actually a fantastic strategy since its only 100 - 200 certs investment. You have to love that about the NS-7 PDW being so versatile. I also like how the gun forces you to learn to aim better, and pick better targets by virtue of life or death scenarios. As you said it also makes you learn to knife. However I could get why people might not like that if they don't go in using the NS-7 PDW with that mindset.