How do you kill ZOE MAXes?

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Caserion, Jun 26, 2013.

1. ShunYu

It's Jokehammer in comparison with the other ESHW.
    • Up x 1
  2. Caserion

The Lasher and the MCG are better than the jackhammer? MCG is a Close range weapon which begins with a low ROF and the Lasher is only special because of explosive damage. The Jackhammer on the other hand is a CQC beast with a longer effective range than any other shotgun without slugs.

I don't know for how long you've tried it, but it's more of a goodhammer than a jokehammer.
    • Up x 1
  3. Navus

I really hope you arent serious by saying the JH is the worst ESHW...
  4. ShunYu

I am absolutely serious.

I have 940 kills on Jackhammer. MCG is better than it. I havent tried Lasher in a real combat situation but in VR its better too.
  5. LivesInNameOnly

the best thing about the jackhammer is when 2 people are standing right in front of you and you OHK them both with the burst mode
  6. Kafein

It may not be the point of this thread but I've been having a globally much easier time getting the hell out each time I've seen a glimpse of a VS MAX, compared to trying to do something about it. I've actually learned this as a reflex, letting me survive more frequently, as a split second of peek-a-boo around a wall often seems to be enough to die when a ZOE max starts shooting at you. But enough with the whining, I can enjoy the effectiveness of locking down virtually anywhere resulting in either not having any target come into sight or dying within seconds. Now seriously ever since the nerf they are mostly fine. Still there are a lot of them but that's plainly a better use of resources. I also usually play medic inside infantry-friendly bases, and that's clearly not a great MAX killer class.
  7. Posse

The VR is a joke, specially for testing the Lasher because of its crap bullet velocity.
  8. Caserion

''In the VR it's better too''

Don't tell me the Lasher is better than the Jackhammer, especially in CQC...

Am i just missing something, or do you hate shotguns in general? Comparing the Jackhammer to a high magazine, high ROF weapon and a suppreion weapon is... idiotic.

A better question would be, do you think the Jackhammer is th worst shotgun?
  9. ShunYu

I dont compare a shotgun to a some range weapon. I compare one ESHW with another ESHW. If i buy the thing for HA only and it costs 1000 certs i should cut enemy crowds at every distance or shoot some exploding orbs at them. I shouldnt get the shotgun which can only switch between semi-auto mode and something like pump-action mode.
    JH is better than other shotguns but its a crap as a ESHW.
  10. Caserion

Next we're going to compare the hacksaws to the Mutilator because they're both MAX weaponry...
  11. Messaiga

Meh, make Ext. Mags increase ammo capacity to 15 rounds instead of 12 and add slugs to my Jackhammer, then I shall be satisfied.
    • Up x 1
  12. ShunYu

Hacksaws have the SA and here is a balance. JH hasnt.
  13. Spude

Stopped reading. 0/10 bad troll
    • Up x 2
  14. ThePyroRussian

AT grenades 75% damage per good hit
  15. Black Humor

My Gameplans against ZOE MAX.

1.) Take one for the team and C4 the beyotch, by any way I can get to him. I imagine the words from Starfox 64 "if i go down Im taking you with me!!"

2.) Swap to grenade bandolier and spam. Plink away at range and time nades so that when the first is avoided they will unexpectedly eat the follow ups.

3.) Isolated spots + enemy ZOE I try to snipe and never stop moving, if he chases headshots start adding up. Rarely would a MAX run from lone infantry but if they do it's even easier.

In big group settings killing a MAX is tough, may once again have to sacrifice self, deploy down on his head and C4.
  16. Calisai

Yea, My ZOE Killstreaks are now down to the same size as my charge Killstreaks. I still prefer ZOE mostly for the non-fighting time, but I swap out quite often depending on how many enemies are around.

If there is a steady trickle of players coming at ya (in 1 & 2s at a time) then ZOE is better because you can move through them faster and take them down. If they are a lot more concentrated (IE, biolab fights) I prefer Charge... better for getting out of dodge and repairing safer.

C4 traps and Concussion/Dumbfire Rockets are the most deadly to me in low population fights. In higher population fights... it's just plain fire concentration that usually takes me down. 3-4 guys unloading on me at the same time and I go down real quick.
  17. Adeon

I killing them with my comets if they appears in front of my MAX.