Weather & PS2: What do you want more?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by gualty, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Covah

2. PieBringer

Sunspots.

Would totally screw over NC. (because our weapons use magnets, EVEN OUR KNIFE!)
  3. ItsJustDash

We have sand storms on Indar but it is wonky. Some people it will be clear and others can't see a few feet in front of them. Same with some areas on Esamir with the snow
  4. Erilis

Storms would be great but then you run into performance problems on lower end machines, varied visibility on different graphics settings, and the thing Tobax alluded to.
    Extreme weather always provides great atmosphere but it may not be ideal for this type of game.
    I think light snow and rain would be nice though.
  5. Tommyp2006

It snows on Esamir? I've only ever seen the fog
  6. Primarkka

IF you have anything that affects visibility, it --CAN NOT-- changed clientside at all.
    That's why I don't want darker nights, having a darker night would just require higher brightness setting to counter it. Until it's implemented like it's in ArmA III, just leave the nights like they are.
    http://i.imgur.com/ZVK0Qhm.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/Dhd85M3.jpg

Every single snow/ sand particle must be server-side handled so it is equal to all. This game is trying to be competitive, there can not be any differences between what people see.

Until then, don't implement anything. Make the visibility a level field.
  7. Elack

maybe not 100% on topic but dark nights that are actually dark and not just blue flooded with loads of bloom from every/the smallest light sources
  8. Bine

MMMMM Rain. Me loves me some rain. Best, thing, ever. Loved how it worked in planetside 1. It was there and provided atmosphere but wasnt -too- crazy unless it was a heavy downpour. The sound also diluted what was going on around you and it also didnt affect entire continents. It actually moved cross the continent.
  9. Luighseach

All of the above. Hail that does a bit of damage if you are not under cover. May just mess with your shields here and there(this is an MMO with a persistant world so the environment SHOULD play into whether or not you can kill someone.)

Lightning strikes that could disable a tank or aircraft if hit or maybe screw around with the avionics/electronics for a second. Low visibility fog on other continents in the morning. Maybe the lighting could disable a players shields and cause some damage to players that are real close. These could be very annoying though and should rarely happen.

Just something to suck players into a feeling that they are in a living world that is worth fighting over even if it is imaginary to a degree.

Also as someone else posted DARK NIGHTS. I mean DAY Z dark that requires some awesome planning and night-vision/thermal with the IR/NS scope maybe even make the flashlight useful.