Constat Crashing

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by -g2.-De.-Ciph3r-.eD, Jul 29, 2013.

1. -g2.-De.-Ciph3r-.eD

This is for a friend of mine who recently got into the game.
    Here are his specs:
    • Intel I7-3770K CPU
    • Corsair H55 WaterCooling
    • Asus Sabertooth Z77 Motherboard
    • MSI Geforce 660TI Superclocked VideoCard
    • 16GB 1866 Patriot Viper RAM
    • 80Gb SSD / 750Gb Slave HDD
    • Razer Black Widow Keyboard
    • Razer DeathAdder Mouse
    • Razer Vespula Mouse Surface
    • Antec Eleven Houndred Case
    • Logitech 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers
    • Plantronics 7.1 Surround sound Headset
    • Running Win7 x64 Ultimate
    He is having huge (but random) issues with crashing to desktop however its not giving an error and the only evidence of the crashes are found in the event log. After talking to him for a while tonight trying to help resolve it, he pointed out that he had been playing most of the day and got a few hours out of playing with no crashes at all. We played for around 45 minutes together (while on ts3, which he said he was on the entirety of the day also) and crashed four times.

Here is an excerpt from the event log:
    Faulting application name: PlanetSide2.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x51f2a8b3
    Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bdbdf
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x0000b727
    Faulting process id: 0xa40
    Faulting application start time: 0x01ce8c9e0ec8cf54
    Faulting application path: E:\Games\PlanetSide 2\PlanetSide2.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll
    Report Id: a7b0a39c-f8a3-11e2-9488-3085a999b96a
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. SShocK

First thing to try is to disable PhysX. (GPU Particles)
    It is unstable for most people.
  3. Brainwayne

1. if "texturequality" is on "0", change it to some other value. Ultra textures crashed my game frequently
    2. try turning your powerlimit of your NVIDIA to 80% - this also helped me a lot - didnt crashed since i did those two things
    3. turn off physic cause it still sucks

that should sort it out ^^
  4. Brainwayne

I did a ping test a while ago and found out that if your connection to SOE server fails even for a split of a second, the game will crash to desktop with no warnings or error messages at all... In this case, it's not like the usual "you have got disconnected from server" issue, which at least provides a message. ...weird stuff going on
  5. WarawanaiNeko

I had a problem with random frequent crashes with a configuration very similar to your friend's. The way I fixed it is by setting the CPU affinity for Planetside2.exe to only two cores. This is the maximum number that I could get without any crashes whatsoever. The game is perfectly playable on medium (even with only 2/8 cores assigned), but dips to around 30 FPS in huge battles - which is really great from what I hear.

If you're unsure how to set CPU affinity, follow these steps:
    1) Open the Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+ESC) and the PS2 launcher.
    2) Click Play in the launcher, then find Planetside2.exe in the list of the processes in the Task Manager.
    3) Right-click on Planetside2.exe, select Set Affinity.
    4) Remove the ticks at all cores except two. I recommend leaving #0 and #2.
    5) Play the game without crashes.
  6. TSR-Jesse S Customer Service

Crashing can be caused by a variety of different factors, so it is hard to definitively say what could be triggering it. To provide your friend with a more concise answer my best suggestion would be for them to open a support ticket with us so we can check their system specs and provide them with some solid suggestions to get back in game. They can open a ticket with us at the following link:

http://help.station.sony.com/app/ask