What is this mysterious M Class planet orbiting near Auraxis?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Strottinglemon, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Strottinglemon

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  2. ladiesop

From the looks of those planets, the only way they would look like that up close is if Auraxis is a moon to a gas giant, and that's another moon.

The other object is a satellite around Auraxis rather than the Gas Giant, as it wouldn't look so big and be so close to the other one.
    • Up x 4
  3. Takoita

Methinks the question was "why the hell it looks like Earth". Or I may be wrong.
    • Up x 1
  4. gigastar

Its SOE's skybox artist not knowing how a star system works.

Or it could be a theoretical binary world with moons.

...Im gonna test that out in Universe Sandbox now.
    • Up x 2
  5. uhlan

It's an "illusion". That planet could not exist in such close proximity to the others and maintain water or an atmosphere.
    The gravitic effects of the gas giant alone would torture the world and it would be a lifeless hell... a la Io in our own universe.

How life on Auraxis exists at all is beyond me as well.

Then again, maybe that explains the indestructible flora...
    • Up x 2
  6. Malacovics

Okay, in PS1 there were planets, not continents.
    If you look up the sky you can see a desert planet, an ice planet, and an Earth-like planet.
    I'm 98% sure that this is Indar, Esamir, and Amerish, but during the development, they came up with the idea that these should be continents rather than planets, but these planets still remained in the sky.
    Why did they do this and why did they change the whole lore because of it is unknown for me...
  7. PS2Freak

Yeah. If you dont know nothing - life is much easier ;)
  8. Baconite

I believe in PS1 Auraxis was an artificial planet created by the Vanu. I'm sure orbiting a gas giant with habitable planets can be sci fi handwaved by the fact they're all dyson spheres inside with some sort of gravity/anti-gravity generators at the core. The gas giant does appear to be further away. If it were the size of Jupiter, Auraxis seems to have a large orbital radius away from it.
  9. Vertabrae

Nanites. It explains anything and everything.
    • Up x 1
  10. Camycamera

could just be uranus.
    • Up x 5
  11. Morpholine

PS1 maps started out as continents on the same world in the lore. It wasn't until a short time after Core Combat and BFRs were added that they did the "Bending" and started referring to the different maps as planets - likely to accommodate the newly-added (at the time) travel interface.
    • Up x 2
  12. Zombekas

Having all action on a moon of a gas giant seems to be the new trend now
    • Up x 1
  13. deggy

It's where all the nanites come from. Nanite breeding grounds. The factions are actually in a war to see who can stack enough enemy bodies to climb up, but the enemy bodies deconstruct, so it's taking a while. The current tally is:

VS: 8 bodies
    TR: 0 bodies, they're trying to lock on to it with a Striker.
    NC: 0 bodies, they're using their ESFs to build a tower since apparently the Reaver is a brick.
    • Up x 5
  14. Malacovics

Are they made of LEGO bricks though?
    ˇ
  15. Hoki

Everything including auraxis is a satellite to that gas giant in the background.
  16. Rogueghost

Nononono, it was continents first, then they changed the lore in the middle of ps1. A couple years after ps1 was out, there was an event called the bending, the bending, which many ps1 vets agree was really dumb, pretty much blew up Auraxius and turned it into a bunch of little planets. Which form a scientific point of view makes even less sense then a bunch of purple spandex wearing scientists.

So really having all the continents on one planet is returning to planetside's turn roots.
  17. Erilis

This has been settled guys. Asking moderators to close the thread.
    • Up x 3
  18. Patrician

In PS they were only planets after "The Bending"; previous to that "event" they were continents.
    • Up x 1
  19. Strottinglemon

Yo dawg I heard you like moons...
  20. Nikushimi

In PS1 they started off as continents on the planet Auraxis, then after the "bending" the continents had been turned into planets and moons of there own. However the planets you observed in the sky are not related (as all planets created from the "bending" are located in completely different star systems)