This is now a Striker thread.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ned, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Rebelgb

Total Crap. This is why people hate the "Nerf" faction of these forums.

I use the Striker. Let me tell you there is NOTHING OP about it.

Anyone saying the 2-5 rockets ignore flares are lying. I use the Striker every day and if someone Flares, they get away. My other rockets dont hit, ever.

As for terrain: well my rockets from my Striker WILL go around a mountains bend, or through a trees branches, but then that is realistic as most modern weapons would to the same. My rockets will NOT go through a building, a mountain side, or a tree trunk. If its a solid object and the line of sight of the target has moved directly behind the obstacle, the rockets will fail.

I killed a parked Sundy (probably an Infs) today and it took me 9 rockets to do it. If someone had actually been protecting it, or if it had been armored, I would have died. The damage of a Striker is a joke.

Lancers kill me all the time and I dont even know what hit me or where it came from. Kiss my *** about the Striker.
    • Up x 1
  2. AnotherNoob

Just make the striker in to a portable fracture launcher, everyone will be happy :)
  3. UberBonisseur

I use something else. Let me tell you I wish I had a Striker.
  4. Ganelon

Should see some of the Striker rockets. They will literally make 180's and hit you in the face.
  5. UberBonisseur

Karma.
    • Up x 2
  6. DreamlessLiberty

The striker can't hit maxs or turrets making it only good in long range tank battles or hitting air units. I could just as easily use the AV turret for long range tank battles and the air lock-on launcher which can also hit maxs and turrets and infantry and does 3/5 the damage of a striker volley in one shot which makes it 3 shots to kill instead of two salvos? Since it can hit tanks and maxs and turrets everyone would have one if the striker were done away with and you'd see a crap ton of 1500 damage rockets on your esf instead of a lesser crap ton of 500 damage rocket salvos because people would most likely use the air lock-on over the stock rocket launcher for everything except when they pull a decimator for CQC.
  7. Ultimatestormer

These are good points, however the Lancer can't go around terrain, so I believe that point still stands. And the amount of damage I want taken away is change it from two clips killing a Lib to two clips only putting it in critical, so not all to much. I also wouldn't mind if it could lock on to turrets (ok, I would), if only for balance sake. In terms of AI effectiveness, the Lancer is lacking. Pun not intended. I want there to be as much balance as possible, I don't want all those Strikers collecting dust like my poor Annihilator.
  8. hawken is better

Honestly, I think the changes might actually help the Striker in certain situations, like versus in-your-face Harassers. With instant (or near instant) lock-on time, Lightings, MBTs, and Harassers are actually going to be much easier to deal with. Aircraft, on the other hand, will get their reprieve (unless they're in-your-face lolpodders, they will get wrecked even quicker than before).
  9. Eclipson

You have no idea how many grief points I have gotten because my Striker missles decided they were going to lock onto the guy standing next to me.
  10. zedfonsie

The Striker is extremely annoying for pilots, having to be always flying at 500+ meters to avoid lock-on, YES it's not that hard to make all of those missiles crash, you just have to fly straight with afterburners, but the fact that you always have to do that pisses me off, every time I dogfight TR I get some dick with a striker locking onto me and the only option I have is to either flare and fly up which will make me lose the dogfight and die (unless the other pilot is bad) or try to outrun the missiles and die from the pilot shooting me to pieces. You might not get the kill or even get the hit, but the guy 100m away from you locking onto me will, and that's why I try to avoid dogfighting TR , VS and NC have to pick between G2G and G2A while the TR don't, the annihilator doesn't really count because that weapon is complete garbage with a longer lock on time and less damage then the striker. If VS and NC used G2A lock-ons in the masses it would be almost the same as the striker.

Your a complete ******* idiot by the way.
  11. S0LAR15

Needs longer lock on timer for a flexi lock on, and less range vs the annhilator, trade off, it does more damage, and isn't countered in terms of dpc by flares. Nvm that it needs it's mother****ing projectiles fixed.

TR saying they want lancers - after all this striker use you'd be lucky to hit a flaming, reversing vanguard at 100 m.
  12. koopa

oh hey, apparently us ground troops arent supposed to carry lockon launchers ever. wow, I've been doing it wrong all this time (i mostly use the grounder). wow i never knew being infantry on the ground means i cant assist our friendly air support....

HEY TR GUYS! WE'VE BEEN DOING IT WRONG!

but seriously, i have noticed a few times where i was able to fire missiles after losing lock from flares due to what is essentially a bug. saying its OP because there's bugs that SOE has yet to iron out is silly at best. and no i don't believe its OP due to the fact i have died on numerous occasions to vehicles, infantry and aircraft while using the striker with rocket ammo belt and only walking away with often only hits and assists. the matter of the point is striker users spend more time slowly inching left and right trying to lock onto and fire a payload of 5 missiles that sometimes will be negated.

and yes. the grounder uses similar tracking to the striker (and all other faction equivalents) from my extensive use of it, you know.... aiding our forces by keeping reaver/scythe pilots ******** about lockons.
  13. Xae

The Striker is simultaneously under powered and over powered.

When you launch 5 missiles with Skynet AI that dodge through tree branches and fly nap-of-the-earth for a KM to blast some poor bastard who thought he was safe it is over powered.

When you launch 5 missiles with derp AI that either go right into a rock or explode on terrain behind you it is under powered.
    • Up x 1
  14. Flashtirade

There's a reason I refuse to fly against the TR. I'll fight the pancake planes and fabulous flak suits over oh-god-why-aren't-my-flares-off-cd-yet every single day of the week.
  15. FateJH

Don't be so dismissive. I've encountered enough people who use the Striker for the sole reason that it's the ES launcher they've been stuck with, whether they like it or not. You can say it's as begrudging as use as much as you want but when that vehicle absolutely needs to go away one guy I know puts away his Striker and grabs a Decimator. Even I'm holding target with my SKEP's crosshairs better than the rocket itself tracks. I have a strange feeling that making lock-ons guide-by-wire, or however they plan to hybridize it thus that the lock has to be visually maintained, is going to disappoint many people that they're astill getting killed fast. Whether they'll enjoy it more because the skill will have been bumped, "meh."
  16. Slyguy65

We can't lock on to turrets and with them wanting us to stay trained on the target for 5 shots....ya no especially when 5 shots don't even do that much damage.
  17. NC_agent00kevin

Because it takes 3x the manpower to match the effectiveness the Strikers have in area denial.
    • Up x 1
  18. NC_agent00kevin

Bull.

Strikers ignore flares and IR smoke fairly often. They fly through rocks. They write my name in the sky and then chase me to the warpgate from across the continent.

Me and a few Outfitmates have Tr toons too, and we routinely go out 'Strikering'. Its hilarious when 3 guys and an engie can completely lock down airspace from half a mile away. Once the NC sent 2 squads and 3 vanguards after us. They couldnt send air because we destroyed it before it got anywhere near us.

Against a Blockade Armor sunderer, Im sure they do suck. Everything sucks when you are trying to solo a Sundy, unless you have 3 tank mines. Against ESFs, Libs, Lightnings they are devastating, and the only reason they are not so powerful against Vanguards is because we have a LOLShield.

Strikers also have the effect of clearing airspace even if they dont actually finish off the aircraft, which allows the Tr to have vehicle domination from both the sky and on the ground. The same thing cannot be achieved with Annihilators; it takes about three times as many HA's to do the same thing.

One thing they are good for: Ive found a warm and fuzzy place inside by flanking and sniping Striker users with a Lightning AP cannon. :D
  19. NC_agent00kevin

As I understand it, all lock on will behave like this, even A2A rockets. I certainly wouldnt be against allowing them to lock on to turrets and everything else an Annihilator can lock on to though.
  20. zedfonsie

I'm sorry if I was mislead you but I think all G2A weapons are OP because they're fire and forget and anyone of them used in the masses leads to instadeath, same applies to G2G actually. If the NC/VS pilot flared/ran away you have succeeded, you have cockblocked the enemy from attacking you, because the pilot knows they have three choices:

1. Fly higher and just hunt ESF's hoping you never have to get within lock-on range of G2A weapons.
    2. Go fight somewhere else.
    3. Keep fighting in that territory and face the threat of being blown out of the sky by something almost unavoidable.

While all G2A weapons are OP some are more OP then others hence why everyone picks on the Striker with it doing 1000 more damage then the dedicated G2A weapons and having a shorter lock on time.