when a max dies should it stay dead ?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Elack, Jul 27, 2013.

1. Liberty

2. Village

Personally i think a MAX should take far longer to revive than normal infantry, as a trade off.
  3. Zorlox

so ESFs and harassers should be revive-able?
  4. Ganelon

No. Most players find it hard enough just to revive a MAX suit, implementing this will just lead to more frustration and won't improve gameplay at all.
  5. Lausk

People need to not be rezzable a million times. They should be a pulpy mass of irreparable body soil by like the 4th death.
  6. Elack

they really are not that much faster on a normal max you can side strafe out of a door launch and attack and strafe back in before a shell can score a direct hit most of them time, you can also survive a direct hit too and get repaired back to full before stepping out again.

I know and I am repeating myself again but it was the vehicle nerf that made me think about this, they are nerfing vehicles by increasing the resource cost because tank man 1 would go on a spree for 10 or 15 minutes die then go back to a terminal have a finished cooldown and have the resources and spawn another vehicle, It made me wonder why that resource punishment/management would not also apply to a max? do they want to just push more infantry based combat?

I agree they shouldn't nerf teamwork but you can look at it from 2 angles /1 it's would be a teamwork nerf because random medics wouldn't be able revive or /2 it's a teamwork buff because a max would have to run with decent engineer for the entire duration of their run in order to keep fixed up.

yes it would cut down random max but the resource cost increase on vehicles is going todo the same for them right ?

would increasing vehicle resource cost have a positive improvement on gameplay ?
  7. Goretzu

You're likely taking damage in that situation without it.
  8. Oreo202

As I said in a post... oooh, 6 down from first my post in the thread, and as many other people have stated, all of those vehicles are significantly faster and have more mobility than a MAX.
  9. TheBillOf3D

They raised the resource cost to increase membership. The KD metric is only useful for forum chest pumping. It has nothing to do with taking objectives or winning alerts. So who cares if they go on a spree. Pull a tank and go on a spree yourself. Same with maxes. And maxes could easily become a bigger spam weapon as better organization wouldn't mean squat and it would be purely a numbers game.
  10. FateJH

Radical proposition: what if the MAX has to cert into the revive component, not the Combat Medic?
    It'd be a Utility Slot module (so no Charge, Aegis, Lockdown, or ZOE) but with it equipped the MAX could be revived by a Medic if it should die. It has cert levels similar to the Medic gun in regards to its effect on MAX units. When equipped, it gives it player the revive icon over their corpse, absent from MAXes that do not have the module installed.
    • Up x 1
  11. Serell

My pump shotgun would laugh at you. I'm almost thinking of getting a full auto shotty just for MAXes, that might be more effective. Fly in, attempt to C4, if C4 fails then hop right in the MAX's face and unload. If he doesn't die he'll be running back home looking for an Engie. I've killed quite a few MAXes with my pump shotgun, felt bad about it a couple times.

On topic, I don't like MAXes getting revved by Medics. I paid for that C4 and I want him to stay dead. But if they can't be revved, they should get a boost in health. Maybe give them enough health where they can barely live after a C4 explosion. Then I'll just C4 and stick my shotgun in their face.
  12. Divinorium

Like... seriously... what kinda of Max let you do all that? that's at very least 5 secs of battle.

And like i have said: make Max not be able to be revived and make it cheaper.
  13. Serell

I only kill them maybe 1/4 of the time, the other 3/4 they are just badly injured and running.

I agree on making it cheaper. Bring it down 250 resources. But also give them just a big enough boost in health where it takes a stick of C4 and a couple bullets to kill them.
  14. Divinorium

I'm up for 100 resources. but no health boost.
  15. Tobax

Already ran this for a while in beta and it's really not as good as you might think, didn't take them long to see the data and reverse it.
  16. Serell

I'm sorry I meant bring it down to 250 resources, meaning make them cost 250 resources. 100 resources IMO is too cheap.
  17. SgtScum

What I want to know is how do you revive a dark stain on the ground where some unlucky soul got lolpodded.

Oh yeah forgot. It's a game. :p

As to the op? Max should always be reviveable as they already get a penalty on revive by having a fraction of their health even with a maxed out medic tool. Hell, it usually takes several revives just to get the poor thing into cover even with an engie helping out too.
    • Up x 1
  18. Zagareth

Tougher? A Max can stand more shots from a Heavy tank than a ESF... More mobile? Yes, on the open battleground, but not in urban areas. And more firepower? A good MAX can make pretty fast tiny bits out of your ESF/Harrasser/Soldier, so I wouldn't underestimate that firepower....

All in all, a MAX is like a small MECH, which I would classify as a vehicle. So the "dying" of a MAX unit should be more like the "wrecking" of a vehicle - damaged, burning, explosion in tiny bits. Revive the soldier, if you find his body, but DO NOT repair/revive his completely destroyed MAX suit!
  19. ent|ty

NO.
    They are a soldier with an exoskeleton.
    Revive the soldier, repair the exoskeleton.
  20. Goretzu

Just no.