when a max dies should it stay dead ?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Elack, Jul 27, 2013.

1. ovakin

Maxes should stay dead, vehicles should only be repaired in Tech Plants, and this is not sarcasm.
  2. Pikachu

I think medics should revive the human inside, then an engineer has to repair the broken MAX suit for 500HP before it can get back on it's feet again.
    • Up x 2
  3. Elack

I like that idea the medic revives the human part so it should be crippled until an engineer gets on fixing the mechanical parts.

maybe they could also add something to finish the max husk like when you have to hold E on a generator ? it would require more than 5 seconds channelling on a max husk in the open to finish it off ?
  4. FrontTowardEnemy

Sure! Just double the HP of all MAXes and decrease the resource cost by half.
    • Up x 2
  5. The King

I used to want them dead for good.
    THen I started using a MAX. Then I think, no.... THey should be able to get revived, just like now.

It's like, I used to hate planes,, want AA so OP to kill them all off quickly..
    Then I started using planes, and I don't want the AA OP to kill me off quickly....

Same can be said for most other things.... like....
    I thought TR had OP weapons... then I started using it and found that the faction I was using appear to have OP weapons too.
    Then I started thinking, it's not really OP. It just appears that way, since you die to it. WHen you use it, then you think it's UP or not that good.

So no, MAX should not be killed off when it dies. There's a lot of C4 going around... If you want it dead, keep it dead for a minute. Want it dead, clear the room... just cuz you're one guy and C4'd the MAX doesn't mean you alone should be able to clear the whole room out. Suicide C4'n is easy peasy.. Don't work as a team, don't expect that C4 to have lasting results. The people will get rezed.
  6. HadesR

Yes they should stay dead
  7. Tommyp2006

The only way I would be fine with maxes being unrevivable is if they were significantly tougher, especially against small arms fire, and autorepair was buffed to repair faster.
    • Up x 2
  8. Yarden

There should be an option(a special grenade maybe) to gib dead bodies and by that preventing them from getting revived.
    I'm getting sick and tired of killing a group of enemies only to see them revived 10 seconds later, especially max suits.
  9. Elack

being tougher seems to be a reoccurring suggestion, as a ground troop I would have to unload several clips to take one out, they 2 shot me regular on foot, sometimes from medium-ish range, I had them rip through my lightning tank in almost no time and they often shoot up my fighter, do people find max units are weak? they seem versatile and strong to me.

if they cut the resource cost on a max you would still be able to spawn one whenever you wanted, they are doing the opposite with vehicles increasing the resource cost so you die go to a terminal and see you need to do more fighting before you can spawn another, if they are doing this with tanks and aircraft wouldn't people start using max's more specially since you can just keep getting revived and dodge the spawn cooldown and the resource cost ?
  10. f0d

nope
    they are fine as they are
    • Up x 1
  11. Goretzu

I don't think they'd be seen with the current cost and no being rezzable.
  12. Zagareth

Harrassers and aircrafts can also be damaged by small arms.... failed reason, don't you think?
  13. Goretzu

They are tougher, more mobile (much, much, much more) and have more fire power (and in one case can FLY!).
    • Up x 2
  14. Beef Castle

Just remove the AI variants. Replace the AI MAX with TF2 ubercharge.
  15. Elack

a max can get inside 'any' base and bases where the max and vehicles can get into max wins on mobility because it can run inside and become unhittable vs any vehicle, it can shoot out of windows and jump out of cover launch an attack and get back to cover before taking damage.

so I think saying vehicles are 'much much much more mobile & tougher' is a slight exaggeration and does not take into account all scenarios.
  16. Sock

MAXes are a resource/timer bound class and they serve as massive force multipliers. Currently you can play recklessly as MAX because a medic can just pick you up when you die. The game would be a lot better off if MAX users actually had to be aware of their surroundings and roll with an engineer to support them.
  17. Winfield

MAX units should not be Rezzable.
    • Up x 1
  18. Goretzu

A MAX with ZOE might beable to do that (which is the main issue with ZOE, of course), the rest cannot.

I'd rather they had MAXs like PS1, but they don't, and as I said with the current cost, if they were unrezzable you'd never see any (for good reason), NC AI ones especially would be utter sucide given their already sky high death rate.
  19. TheBillOf3D

Maxes are fine. Bad enough that NC maxes are situational as it is. What you are wanting to nerf is called "teamwork". In the end, the best team is the one that has the best support. Nerfs generally suck and just create a desire or even a need to nerf other things. But nerfing something that rewards teamwork in a game like this would be beyond idiotic and should just go ahead and change the name to "Massive COD Cloneside". And a rezzed max does need to be repaired as well already or it can be dropped again easily.
  20. Liberty

I would much rather have a slightly tougher MAX unit that is one and done rather than the revivable super infantry we have now.

I say this as someone who spends time in a fully certed MAX suit.

If they would buff infantry small arms resistance by at *most* 5-7% flak resistance by 15ish and direct impact by at least 33-50% (currently 0) then I think MAXes would be in a good place. (With the assumption that upon death, you could not be revived).

Something like 2 C4 to kill a MAX, 3-4 Rockets, and 107 bullets to kill @143 dmg. (With no Flak or Kinetic armor) Also as someone said, the nano repair should be buffed slightly as well.