[Suggestion] Cerberus isn't competitive with the other Vanu pistol options.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SpaceKing, Jul 27, 2013.

1. SpaceKing

Cerberus is a pistol that is high-risk but has no reward; it's the most inaccurate, and while it has higher damage than the other Vanu pistols (but not the revolvers), it's still low enough that you will need 4 to 6 shots to kill a person (depending on nanoweave level), which isn't bad, but it's most of a mag, which in combination with it's middling reload time, leaves you high and dry if a second person shows up.

I know it's supposed to be a Rebel clone, but it needs a new, preferably more Vanu-y mechanic. The original Lasherpistol idea was nice, or perhaps a simple damage increase.
  2. CrashB111

I was under the impression that the NC shotty pistol, TR full auto pistol, and VS lasher pistol were still being made. They had just been delayed till a later time and we got these instead. And anyway, all 3 of the new pistols save for the NC Desperado are pretty terrible.
    • Up x 1
  3. SpaceKing

Nono, the Cerberus WAS the Lasher pistol on PTS, got changed before release, I forget exactly why. They plan a Lancer pistol to go with the Shotpistol/Chainpistol. And yes, these are now the unofficially official forum names for these weapons.
  4. gigastar

Just stick to the Beamer or the Manticore. Eventually SOE will realise that no one is buying Cerberus and buff it to usefulness for us, which translates as OP for the other factions.

The Roadmap still lists the VS-specific pistol as having a charge mechanic. So no one i know is holding thier breath for it.
  5. ih8Darian2

Did the Cerberus replace the Beamer in terms of horrible weapons?
  6. Lafladitu

yes it did when the Lasher effect was removed from the pistol :(
  7. RX530SS

If it did, then the NC has had a carbon copy of it since the beginning, meaning the NC has had the worst pistol in the game.
  8. DreamlessLiberty

How do you balance a magnum with no bullet drop that is a pistol and not a primary weapon? Obviously it can't be competitive with revolvers within a certain range.
  9. Kulantan

The COF is a bit mad, but I don't think that a 250 damage weapon with no drop and low COF would be a good idea. But pistols are meant to be used at closeish range anyway. If the SOE decide it needs a buff then a slight tightening of the COF would be reasonable.