People need to get out of the dam spawn rooms!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by chilly154, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Jalek

This thread again..
    I've never had an issue, but I don't hang around the room enough to worry about who is in there. In bases I head for the tunnels, not circling in the spawn room wondering what people are doing.
    Thinking some randoms are going to work with you pushing out is just setting yourself up for disappointment.
  2. HerpTheDerp

That couldn't be further from the truth.

When you get spawncamped - as in, the enemies are all around the spawn room nuking anyone who sticks their head out - it's because of the enemy ball. There is literally zero chance you can win against the enemy ball at that point. Even if you had equal numbers, and even if you could coordinate them to all run out of the spawn room at the same time, you would still lose because:

a) When moving out of the spawn room you put yourself in the position of the attacking force - attacking the enemy's "fortified" positions, which almost guarantees heavier losses than the defender side
    b) The enemy has 20+ vehicles on the field and you don't. And you can't get them without getting out of the spawn(read: dying).

When at the receiving end of an enemy ball staying in the spawn room is the absolutely correct thing to do.

Look to military history. When faced with overwhelming enemy numbers, do defenders run out of the castle/trenches/bunkers to face them head on? Or do they sit in their fortified positions grinding them down, retreating to the secondary, tetriary defensive positions when the first one has been lost?

Granted - you don't respawn IRL. But that's irrelevant, because number advantage exists whether you respawn or not.

Here's what you achieve by staying in the spawn and firing at the enemies outside:

1. You deny the enemy XP(and thus resources) by not dying, making their side relatively weaker
    2. You gain XP(and thus resources) which you will later spend on this character making your side relatively stronger
    3. You grind down the enemy, destroying vehicles, MAX units, causing him to waste grenades and C4 to try and kill you, all of which costs resources which he will not get back because of 1) thus weakening the ball with every base he takes

Running out of the spawn room achieves the exact opposite results: more XP for the enemy, more resources for the enemy, only makes the ball roll further down into your territory.
    • Up x 5
  3. St0mpy

thats a completely defeatist viewpoint, even to the point of trying to defend spawn hobbiting when in reality if the fight is really lost then there are many other bases which could use the help. Getting cheap kills from behind the shield helps no one but themselves.

Anyway ive been watching pop counts on bases recently while observing whos hanging and who breaks out and several times pops have been equal or even advantageous for defenders but so many players already have this stupid habit of waiting to see what kills they can get from behind the shield, the actual amount of people breaking out is half or less than what it could be and the base very quickly becomes lost where it neednt have. All just so a group of selfish campers can manipulate a dumb mechanic to scratch up some cheap kills.
    • Up x 1
  4. deggy

Easy way to clear a spawn room if you don't care about having friends:

Warn them in Prox chat. Give them 10 seconds. Then start throwing grenades. If that doesn't work, start throwing C4.

Works especially well in small spawn rooms. I've done it, and while it doesn't make you popular, it sure clears the room.
    • Up x 1
  5. smokemaker

As an attacker, I am always reminding the defenders to be good team players and die for their factions.
    But as a defender, i will gladly shoot enemies from behind the shields.

Free certs at zero risk.
    • Up x 1
  6. AnotherNoob

Would be interesting if the spawn shields were removed, and was replaced with a 10-20 sec damage imunity after you started moving out of the tubes in the spawn room. Would make it harder to camp too close, and would remove the incentive to stay in there. Would maybe have to add an equipment terminal that could be reached from the safe zone, so you can switch stuff before you start the timer, but then again you should have done that when you spawned in in the first place :)
    • Up x 1
  7. Geneaux

It'll will still be a a cert farm fest.
    • Up x 1
  8. AnotherNoob

Nothing wrong with that, as long as the system promotes people to do stuff that is good for the defense of the area, or to move on if they are overwhelmed.
    • Up x 2
  9. Rogueghost

While both of the above reasons are nice, that's not why I sit there shooting out of spawn, I do it out of pure spite. When the enemy zerg is pounding on your base and you only have 5 guys to defend a base being attacked by 40+ hostiles you can either redeploy, keep running out of spawn into the volley of gunfire and tankshells, or murder their less then intelligent players from spawn hoping they'll quit or go somewhere else so they won't steamroll the next base so easily.

Although I'm pretty sure in your example your talking about the people that sit in spawn when the fight has even or near even pops? In that case they are idiots, but still they aren't as stupid as the players that think they are helping the fight by tk'ing all of the gentlemen sitting in spawn.
  10. Geneaux

True dat.
  11. VSDerp

your signature is pretty cool
  12. Maidere

There's no such a thing as community's fault. You'are hurting a baby elephant when using this term.
  13. Geneaux

Sadly, there will always be such a thing as "the community's fault" as long as there are butt hurt people who can't retreat to their CoD/BF mentality when they encounter a challenge that requires "brain power".
  14. mrPerea

One of my guilty pleasures is standing infront of the people cowering in the spawn, till they get weapons locked... :oops:

Usually if it's a camp, ill find a route to go c4 groups of enemy, or just go to another base and come back with a tank.
  15. Maidere

Congrats, bashing CoD/BF people just made you 15% smarter.
  16. Zombekas

Yes! Please do! More yummy certs for my MANA Turret! :eek:
    • Up x 1
  17. Bastid721

I usually c4 spawn rooms...either they leave or get out when they respawn
    • Up x 1
  18. UberBonisseur

And that's why I'm standing in front of the spawn on purpose, dodging as many bullets as I can before a medic safely revives me again and again and again. It keeps players in the spawn.

Take advantage of the greedy defenders and act like "the idiots".

As long as you can shoot through shields, nothing will change.
  19. PLooschacK

Yes, sitting in spawn and trying to farm is annoying, especially since I'm the guy who always seeks a way out of one ;) So far thebest idea I saw on this forum to change that situation was not giving the EXP for kills from spawnroom.
  20. AggressiveDonkey

Wouldn't it just be easier to make the spawn rooms neutral, so if you stay in there you don't get any points?

Also, what about disabling the ability to shoot through the shields from the inside?

It would force people out of there because they gain literally nothing from it.