Can someone explain Vulcan changes to me?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by gigastar, Jul 24, 2013.

1. MGP

Lol. Have you ever being shod down by Vulcan while flying a ESF?
  2. sindz

Yeh ROFL MAN. Yes I have actually been shot down by vulcan because you know what happens when you go up against TR and their favorite toy the striker. You have to dodge, LOS, manoeuvre and dogfight it so happens you get close to the ground and pre patch any noob with vulcan spraying like stevie wonder would get a few hits in, and since it only took 16 shots to kill an ESF any few hits hurt. Alot.

Wonder why they fixed it, huh?
    • Up x 1
  3. NucNuc

The only change I would hope for, is, that if you are on the recieving end of a Vulcan (inside a vehicle), the sound would much more reflect the damage done to the armor. This tickling like small fire arms is just not enough, especially since harassers have vulcans that can outflank you easily. Other than that, the changes are ok i guess(mostly not because of ESFs, these really shouldnt be killed by it, but the damage done to Galaxies was too much).
    • Up x 1
  4. MGP

Oh. When you are a terrible pilot. That's all.
    Considering Vulcan's slow projectile speed, huge bullet drop and low damage at the distance, i believe you were just hovering above the ground lolpodding the infantry. That's the only way you can die to Vulcan in an ESF.
    • Up x 3
  5. Spadar

It seems mostly to be geared to decrease their damage against aircraft and bringing up their laughable damage against infantry. The new weapon resist isn't as powerful against armor so you'll probably see similar TTK's as before.

As for why it was nerfed against air... It had a fourth of the TTK compared to the other ES AV Harasser weapons at ideal ranges, and still less than half the TTK at 400m. It needed to be dropped down. It wasn't much of a problem for ESFs, but a bane for Galaxies and Liberators.
  6. P4NJ

It's exactly what they say. It should now 4 shot non NW infantry at short range instead of 9 shot, but aircraft have a lot of resistance so I assume it does about 50% of the damage it used to do? I dunno about the resistances.
  7. Caserion

Oh boy, i wonder what forumside will complain about now since there will no longer be an OP anti-air Vulcan...
  8. NucNuc

Striker? ;P
  9. MrIDoK

Still the Vulcan, of course. It can hurt infantry? What madness is that?!
    • Up x 1
  10. Maverick556

U
    Reaver was 30% bigger then any other ESF and it wasn't at ALL OP, Scythe was OP and the combination hittable area-rotary (it's basically unbeatable on a duel due to the thin form) (rotary took only 0.1 sec more then the vortek to kill an ESF)
    The Scythe and the mosquito (good fire and very little hittable area) were the most easy ESFs compared to the big reaver that is slow and had just a bit more good rotary (which you were able to use anyway with just 1 magazine upgrade and put it at the same level)
    Now the mosquito will stay almost at the same (if not better thanks to the damage buff) while reaver got Nerfed (35 to 25) and scythe got more bullet speed and damage...so the scythe will become the easiest vehicle to fly...even Vanu is complaining about that..
    This is a stealth nerf to Reavers, and mostly a stealth Nerf to all ESFs
  11. PS2Freak

wow, you are so angry.. really unsympathetic
  12. gigastar

Alright, thanks for that.
    • Up x 1
  13. Tenhi

I'm going to copy this from reddit (Credit goes to Mechlord): Basically the Vulcan does more damage to Sundies and Lightings. A little bit more to the Magrider and a little bit less against the Vanguard. Against all Aircrafts it does way less.

Current Vulcan (Light Ordnance) resist values:
    Vehicle Resist
    MAX 60%
    Flash 0%
    Harasser 35%
    Sunderer 60%
    Lightning 40%
    Magrider 20%
    Vanguard 20%
    Prowler 20%
    ESF -75%
    Liberator 0%
    Galaxy 25%

Future Vulcan (AP HMG) resist values:
    Vehicle Resist
    MAX 65%
    Flash 30%
    Harasser 68%
    Sunderer 75%
    Lightning 65%
    Magrider 60%
    Vanguard 62%
    Prowler 60%
    ESF 55%
    Liberator 75%
    Galaxy 85%

Damage change
    Vehicle Damage
    MAX +82%
    Flash +46%
    Harasser +3%
    Sunderer +30%
    Lightning +22%
    Magrider +4%
    Vanguard -1%
    Prowler +4%
    ESF -46%
    Liberator -48%
    Galaxy -82%
    • Up x 7
  14. AnotherNoob

Thanks, the patch notes was confusing to say the least :) I just whish they did a similar list like that on the ESF weapons, like rof +x%, damage up y% etc...
  15. Mastachief

So what they did is buff the vulcan......... oh SOE it's like you don't want customers.
  16. KunzeWaldemar

So the new Vulcan can finnaly "keep up" with the insane low TTK from Saron and Enforcer agaisnt sunderers?
    From ~18sec TTK to 12-13sec.
  17. Admiralty

For someone that has had the Vulcan on the Harasser and the Prowler, I can say that all up, I have killed less than 10 aircraft for the two weapons combined. The only aircraft kills I've ever had were the stupid ones who chose to lolpod me at a very low angle and altitude.

The way I see it, the only pilots complaining are the idiot ones who decide it would be smart to fly as low as possible and expect a tickle in return when I notice them. I have only ever shot ONE Lib down, and he was probably flying at the 400-I can see and shoot u but I don't expect to be shot back - height. I'm totally indifferent between the damage changes to ESFs since the Vulcan already had a very restrictive upward-shooting angle and I didn't buy the weapon to be used as an effective AA so really, it doesn't affect me all that much.

Imo, the only people complaining are the noobs: just like the ones complaining about being one shotted by a Dalton, its a similar group of players who whinge about being destroyed by Vulcans - they are the minority, the skill-less players who never adapt or learn but only expect nerf after nerfs to a weapon that is already in my view, the worst ES turret available with a horrible COF and horrible range.
  18. Larington

"Lightning +22%"

Ow, my Lightnings, oh well I only ever run Skyguards these days anyway (and try to stay out of sight of harassers as best as I can) since AP lightning is just masochism atm. (Almost never run HE lightnings, rarely in a situation where I feel I need to pull one)
  19. freeze

I don't get it either...
    *facepalm*
  20. sindz

Sigh, again this pathetic argument "LOL BAD PILOT, LOL HOVER KID". You know flying an ESF is not only about flying 200-300km/h all the time? Its about dogfighting, dodging, escaping, LOS'ing and trying to maneuver around mountains, trees, buildings etc to get the drop on other ESF's and vehicles. And when doing all this, random harasser equipped units will try and take shots at you, and guess how a spammable weapon works when the guy operating it got the slightest clue. Especialyl when it only takes 16 shots pre patch to kill and ESF.

If "lol bad pilot" is the only argument you got, you should just be quiet tbh. Cause you have no clue about flying, its not all 1km up in the air doing loops. And no where in this entire thread did I say, I died entirely to a vulcan. Its contributes to air dominace which the TR already excells at, cause you cant go low to LOS/break lock ons cause what do you know. Vulcan.

This nerf is a step in the right direction of removing TR from being air deterrent kings. Maybe look at the whole picture before throwing a complete crap argument out there. And ill bet you, I am a better pilot than you.
    • Up x 1