Looking for New Player Friendly Outfit

Discussion in 'Emerald (US East)' started by PsyberMind, Jul 23, 2013.

1. PsyberMind

Hey guys

I just started playing about.. a day or two ago.. I'm still getting my feelers out there to figure out how to do what. Most of the time, I just hit Instant Action, go out there and do my thing. Sometimes I succeed, other times I fail miserably.

The way I understand this game, it looks like being part of an Outfit is practically a necessity in order to get anywhere. That being said, I am looking for one now.

A little about me, I'm 35 years old (yes, I'm an old man gamer) who works two jobs to support his family (Single Father) but I get on and game whenever I get the opportunity. I can get to TeamSpeak, Raidcall, whatever it is you prefer to use. I am mature (hopefully my age and the fact I'm a parent can attest to that) and not a rager, as I understand a game is a game no matter how you look at it.

Anyway, would someone be willing to take me in and show me the ropes and how to really succeed at this?
    • Up x 1
  2. Joshinya42

Those purple guys? Nah you want something more like this
  3. Lavaflow

I would strongly recommend joining recruitment squads in-game, and joining them in their Teamspeak/Mumble/whatever if they'll let you. In my mind, the is the single best way to see if you'll like playing with an outfit. If you like playing with a certain outfit, then look at their recruitment threads and/or websites (if they have one).
    That said, here are some of the outfits you may want to look at, in no particular order. NNG (NoNonsenseGamers), RGQT (Ragequit), AT (Azure Twilight), GOTR (Ghosts of the Revolution), NTMR (Nightmare Company), -V- (Vindicators). These aren't all the good outfits, just the ones that immediately came to mind.
    From a personal standpoint, I'm in NNG, and I can tell you from personal experience that we have plenty of people willing to help you out in all aspects of the game, and from what you posted (and how did) it looks like you may fit in with us. Our platoon is usually open during the day, hop in and join us in our Teamspeak-the link to which can be found at our website www.nononsensegamers.com
    Again, I would suggest playing with several different outfits in game before deciding. Some outfits may not have listed squads but may be willing to let potential recruits play with them anyway if you send them a /tell in game or PM them on the forums-check their posts on this sub-forum for who to contact for each outfit about that.
    Good luck!