Must haves for a new TR HA

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Tamonize, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Tamonize

Hi!! What are the must have weapons/upgrades I should get? I trialed the chain gun and loved it more than the carv. Do you have other LMG suggestions? How about the SMG+HA combo?

I know I should get the striker for AV as it irritates me to hell when I play my other factions.
  2. Flashtirade

Everyone has different playstyles, but here are what most consider TR's best guns:
    MSW-R for CQB
    TMG-50 for mid to long, T-16 is great too
    T-32 for jack-of-all-trades
    Chaingun for fun, it's not a particularly great weapon
    SMGs are potent weapons, but really what would an SMG do that the MSW-R with adv laser doesn't do already (except reload faster)? If you want something for other classes too, then why not get one.

Other upgrades:
    Levels into flak/nanoweave, your preference
    At least level 1 resto/med kit, again your prefence
    Shield upgrades: level 3 or higher for stock shield, level 1 for resist (as far as I'm aware, higher levels are broken), max for adrenaline
    • Up x 1
  3. Tamonize

Ill check the MSW-R then. Yeah the chaingun is really fun!! HAHA But is it just me or the stock carv feels like it's all over the place? Unlike before when the game was just released.
  4. Mxiter

Completely agree with Flashtriade.
    Just also unlock differents RL for more versatility: decimator,G2G+G2A combo or striker.

I also use the MSW-R as my standard LMGr with forward grip and switch to adv laser for CQC combat as i always try to fight at medium/close range and hates 143/652 guns (lack of DPS and too much horizontal recoil to being effective at long range).
    MSW-R is a cheap gun and is my favorite TR LMG (better COFs, better attachments and quicker reload than T9 carv) its drawback are high first shot mult and projectile speed.

I also prefer the TMG-50 over the T16 as long range LMG for its higher DPS, less horizontal recoil and less damages degradation. Bursting @ long range and vertical recoil patterns arn't an issue for me. :D
  5. Lorginir

Get MSW-R and Striker. You may consider Nighthawk useful as well.
    TR SMGs sucks, chaingun and the rest of LMGs may be funny but they are hardly competitive and definitely not 'must have'.
  6. Crosseyed

MSW-R with soft point, grip if you ADS or want to be useful at med/long range (Otherwise get the advanced laser), flash hider, and low power optic of choice.
    Decimator for CQC against vehicles and maxes, striker for long range AV/AA.
    Restoration kit.
    Resist shield.
    Nanoweave 3 minimum, 4 preferred. 5 later.
    Add laser to repeater, silencer if desired. There are going to be days where this gets more use than it should.
    Anti tank grenades/concussion grenades later (My preference is AT nades.)
  7. rickampf

Sugestions:

MSW-R: Great for close/mid range.
    TMG-50 or T16 Rhino for mid/long range (test this weapons and choose what you prefer).
    NS Decimator (when facing maxes this weapon will be awesome)
    T32-Bull (If you want a jack of all trades weapon)
    T7-MCG (Great for squad support providing sustained fire)
    T2-Striker (The infamous one, pretty effective but i dont know what to expect after the ESF and lock on changes).
  8. anchorman

The t-16 or tmg-50 are great guns but if u want a great gun you can switch between factions get a ns-15 it is a beast certed up
  9. Mxiter

Yay, if you prefer using 143/652 weapons, NS weapons are the best on this kind: it don't have advanced laser sight,grip or UBguns for carabines/AR, but all others attachments (ammos/sights from 1X to 4X/Rail/barrel), have a great accuracy,manageable recoil, decent projectile speed and 50% more speed while ADS.
  10. Messaiga

The NS-15M is amazing, I would go as far as to say it is better than the T32 in most to all aspects. The only thing it doesn't have? Extended magazines attachment and 5 less bullets per mag than the T32, but it makes up for that by having a reload faster than every other LMG and a 0.75x movement modifier. NS-15M + NS Commissioner + Striker will do you good.
  11. IronTyrant

one of my favorites to use in close range is the MSW-R, i find it to be very effective because of its high fire rate and good hip fire combo, if you want a bit more information here is my review for it.
    • Up x 1
  12. KnightCole

Ha loadouts should include resist shield amd as much NWA as u can get.
  13. CrashB111

Phooey on that jazz, max out your adrenaline armor + 4/5 levels of Flak Armor for maximum TR victory.
  14. lilleAllan

SMG + HA is insanely nasty in close quarters. But as TR you have access to the MSW-R as well.
    I love the CARV, but it trades the MSW-Rs good hipfire for double the mag. That Carv mag does let you wreak all kinds of havoc before reloading though.
    For long range I have the Rhino - it's decent, but I suspect I'd do better with the TMG-50.
  15. SifuBob

I would wait for GU13 to go live before investing in the Striker, cause i would say the Grounder may be a better buy with the upcoming changes regarding holding a lock. It is also 250 certs compared to 1000 certs. Just wait a bit for the Lock on choice id say.
  16. 0ReferenceException

A combination of shotgun (CQC/indoors), MSW-R (CQC/outdoors) and TMG-50 (mid/long) is the best in my opinion. In really close quarters nothing beats a shotgun.

Sure, SMG is also an option but you still won't win against shotgun users in really close quarters and will likely also not win against an MSW-R in slightly-further-then-optimal SMG range. Range-wise the sweet spot for SMGs is somewhere between the shotguns and CQC-LMGs (MSW-R).

Of course if you have the option to resupply often (basically before every range-change) then you should have a weapon for virtually every engagement range (starting with shotgun -> SMG -> CQC-LMG -> LR-LMG). On the other hand, if you're worried you won't be able to resupply that often then you'll probably be the most flexible with the MSW-R since it doesn't totally suck in shotgun-, SMG- or LMG-range (except perhaps at really long range).

Also, weapons that can equip advanced lasers should always do so.

Also don't forget the option to change classes. If you're gonna be forced to resupply because of weapons then you also might as well change your class to fit the requirements of battle as closely as possible. For example if you're sure you'll be staying 60-80-100+ meters away from your targets then there's really no point in sticking with a class that is stuck with weapons that will never be optimal for those ranges. Same obviously counts in reverse... you wouldn't use a bolt-action for CQC either now would you?
  17. Maxim C. Gatling

You can't call yourself a TR unless you own an MCG. It is our signature weapon.

However, it is not the only gun you will need. Get an MSR, T-16 or a T-50. Throw in a Striker and a Decimator and you're good to go.
  18. Harbinger

Which one of the ability slots is best for a HA
  19. Spude

CARV and its GG