Seriously though... when will Vanu weapon camos be fixed?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MarthKoopa, Jul 18, 2013.

1. MarthKoopa

Can barely see them under the thick, SUPER DUPER THICK, layer of reflection.

I bought camos to see the camo, not a reflection of the world (that doesn't even make sense... I'm indoors, yet the sky/ground is reflecting off my gun?). WHEN WILL THIS BE FIXED? I paid good money for all these camos, but none of them show up properly, at all.
  2. ih8Darian2

It seems fine to me, I'd like to see a picture.
  3. FreelancePanic

The Indar scrub (v1) causes the weapon to pretty much glow gold instead of appearing as a solid orange. I kinda preferred that over solid orange.
  4. StolenToast

Speaking of glow has anyone else noticed that some logos, notably the MLG one, glow at legitimately nuclear levels of brightness?
    • Up x 1
  5. MarthKoopa

This is a good example, using a scope to show the difference in how the camo displays. Scopes don't have the layer of reflection like the gun itself. Can you see the blatant difference?
    [IMG]

Some times it's worse, some times it's better(rarely). It all depends on lighting conditions. Most of the time, that's how it looks.
  6. ih8Darian2

[IMG]
    Seems pretty alright to me
  7. MarthKoopa

Some camos (seems to mostly be snow/white types) aren't affected by it. Try some other camos (I can't test that one personally, don't have it). If you have a green/leaf/grass/whatever camo, try that one, and try it in more environments and lighting conditions. As I said, SOME times it shows up well, but MOST of the time it doesn't.

Also, you need to be on graphics settings above low. It doesn't happen on low.
  8. BigMacDeez

I think this is low on the priority list...
  9. MarthKoopa

Most likely because everyone plays on low settings so they don't see the problem in the first place.

If the majority of players played on high settings, I'm sure they'd be pretty upset that they can't see their $5 purchases.
  10. MarthKoopa

No but really. No official word on either this or forward grips on VS guns? Surely they want to fix their art assets before the PS4 launch ;)
  11. ih8Darian2

Didn't get an alert from when you quoted me.
    I'll try to take a screenshot of circuit camo in different graphic settings, I also have some other pinkish camo I can screenshot.
  12. ih8Darian2

Yeah, some of them do seem faded on ultra
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  13. zib1911

I think they will fix this when they fix VS being the darkest camo. Pros and Cons man Pros and Cons....
  14. Baleur

Dat camo coverage, also super dark right :eek:
    [IMG]
  15. Tradewind

Vanu camo has an issue?

[IMG]

Signed,

All of the NC
  16. MarthKoopa

I fired up some NC and TR characters on the PTR to see their camos. They show up just fine.