Nasty server lag on Connery

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by InsanityOnABun, Jul 3, 2013.

1. InsanityOnABun

Hey, myself and all of my outfit members are experiencing some pretty bad lag and desync issues on Connery. Just a heads up.
  2. SammySide

3. TSR-Jesse S Customer Service

I was playing on Connery last night around the same time you were and did not notice anything particularly out of the ordinary. If your problems become persistent, I would definitely suggest submitting a ticket thru our support system so we can investigate what's going on, instructions to submit a ticket can be found in my signature.

Once you have a ticket submitted, go ahead and PM me the incident #, and I'll be happy to take a look when I can.
  4. InsanityOnABun

It was similar to that, but it wasn't just me. The entire platoon I was in was experiencing it, as well as my outfit-mates. It was most definitely the server straining pretty badly.

Were you on Esamir? That's where we were playing and experiencing it. I honestly couldn't say if it was effecting the other continents since we stayed there for as long as I played.
  5. TSR-Jesse S Customer Service

I was on Amerish until the Alert hit, then we moved over to Esamir in an effort to dominate it - I wasn't experiencing that I would've considered out of the ordinary, but that doesn't mean that nothing was going on. Are you still having these problems?
  6. UKCurtis

Its funny because I was playing on that sever and all I could here was im lagging whats with this lag and Im from UK and it was playing smoothly lol so was my mate from Denmark it just made us laugh so it might just be your end......
  7. InsanityOnABun

No, it was pretty stable today.

A lot of my outfit mates are on the west coast, myself as well. It might have been an issue along the internet backbone between the west coast and the server itself. *shrug*

Anyway, it seems to have resolved itself, so all's good.
  8. snLtch

I just started having a major latency issue in Planetside on the Connery server. I have 30mbps down and 5up, generally I get 20-40ms on west coast servers in all the games I play. My latency was also doing fine in PS2 until a week ago, now it's just absolute garbage. I counted a 27 second delay in between me hitting F to cloak and it actually cloaking me. That's a heavy spike, but on average the latency feels around 700ish with random 1000+ spikes. 100% unplayable, almost regretting I put any money into this, it's constant, I'm never not lagging in the game now. My friends aren't lagging, though I don't lag on any other game...lol. Routing issue?
  9. Rundown

Been playing connery since i started the game. Had no problems on a brand new rig with 25mps down and 5 up. Past 2 patches hit; bam, can't hardly hit anything or go anywhere when stuffs stuttering and lagging behind. It isn't as bad as those vids but its constant and for sure never going to leave me at peace. I just painfully watch my minimap while people go forwards and backwards repetitively every few secs. Ashamed to have actually paid them anything at all.
  10. Squidshark1

Just experienced this for the first time today on connery, so glad that it is something that not only I am experiencing, since I have exactly the same problems as in those videos. After testing if I could hit relatively stationary targets, (I could) I decided to log out because it is unfair for everyone else. Now I am only trying to find a way to fix this and hope SOE doesn't think I was exploiting or something because I already have a lot invested in my VS character.
  11. STEELHED

So irritating to watch Sony's PR guys act like ahmadinejad when he was asked about gays in his country... "What is this lag and low FPS you speak of?"... Give it up already and throw us a bone man! The game is severely broke in more than one facet... Facks sake, I actually had to go back and play BF3... Very painful..
  12. reddragons

Don't trip, my post about this was locked. But not before I was blamed for the issue and told there was no actual issue. Oh and yeah must be my horrible connection eh =
    [IMG]
    :eek:
  13. Dead Trolls

ill agree with you there but its not asmuch the devs fault as it is the network administrators they prolly doin somthing wrong or missmanageing. im gettin the same lag you are on 3 other servers. and it is server side.
  14. chodie

Also lagging terribly and have been for weeks. In the meantime I got some new hard drives, re-installed, and attempted to play again, but it was the same ol' lag fest. Vehicles flying everywhere, stationary enemies, terminals non-responsive and so-on. This needs to be fixed. Especially, when we're paying for this free to play game........