Anyone unlocked Recruit-a-Friend reward cosmetics yet?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by eldarfalcongravtank, Jul 21, 2013.

1. eldarfalcongravtank

i am interested to see whether anyone unlocked reward cosmetics yet. dont care whether this was done legitimately or via dummy accounts.

has anyone unlocked pixelated camo? i really like that digital desert camo style on NC and the digital urban camo for TR. what about composite helmets, Max lumifibers, recon camo, ESF gold fins, glowing faction decals, the new tank guns, etc etc?

feel free to attach screenshots in order to show off your new belongings :)
  2. Eclipson

Some guy on reddit did, and i'm sure plenty others have already made dummy accounts. Honestly, I can't be bothered. I've already recommended the game to my friends 6 months ago, and they have either quit, or just couldn't play the game. And I don't plan on doing SOE's job advertising the game in random places either. The only thing in there I really wanted was black crystallize camo, and if I want something like it so badly, I could just drop the 10 bucks for gray scales when it comes off of the premium shop. But its probably going to be a while before people who are trying to do it legitimately start unlocking anything just because even if you recruit, they still have to spend 10 bucks. I would be surprised if many people have unlocked anything legit at this point. I'm actually tempted to use dummy accounts for the first recruit rank, since its actually a pretty good deal. Nine camos would be 45 bucks, and the Plantinum version of the underboss would have been 30 bucks like the gold one if it was in the store, so the first rank of recruit is actually kind of like a premium bundle, and i've got a feeling there are going to be plenty of people going at least that far.
    • Up x 1
  3. Slyguy65

Apparently someone in my outfit does.

But ya...the plan he did is probably the same one this other guy is planning, Open up different accounts and spending SC on each one...yes...people are actually doing that.
  4. Juni

Yeah, I saw a Vanu on my server who had unlocked everything the day after it was announced... Everybody just laughed at him =P
    • Up x 8
  5. illgot

Great job SOE, instead of making money off everyone that uses your cash shop, you now only make money off people willing to create dummy accounts.
  6. RobotNinja

Brilliant! They must be getting marketing tips from Ben Cousins over at EA. That said, I'm pretty sure they don't care WHO spends the 10 bucks.
    • Up x 5
  7. Phrygen

pretty much the only way to do it.
    • Up x 2
  8. eldarfalcongravtank

well, i for one would love to get most stuff up to rank 3 (10 recruits), that is, pixelated/recon camo and max lumifibers is where it's at for me. all the remaining things from ranks 4 to 6 just are not worth it

but to invest $100 for only a couple of camos and lumifibers is definitely out of proportion. i still hold off on this hoping they'll add all the stuff to the ingame station cash shop someday, if ever
  9. Slyguy65

ya its pretty silly,

They pretty much made it overkill, when they required your recommended players to spend 10 bucks...that is just crazy.
    • Up x 2
  10. Phrygen

yea man... i want that prowler gun so badly. Not worth 200 dollars.
  11. joe smo

I have not seen any yet and have not unlocked any yet...
    but my recruitment effort continues...
  12. Oheck

Hope it was worth alienating your existing playerbase of content. Poorly thought out doesn't begin to describe it.
    • Up x 3
  13. Czuuk

Wow. That's just wrong.

And the rich get richer.
  14. itzCujo666

I unlocked the first rank and got the pixelated camo and platinum Underboss.

I play VS and the camo is pretty bleh (although better than NC's urine yellow) . I won't be wearing it. The platinum Underboss, however is really nice looking, but it's a pity I already had one instead of a Commissioner. This I will use.

There's also a title, but I won't use that since Immortal from BR66 is cooler (have kept it for almost 30 BRs now) and a decal which looks more like a graphics glitch or screen tearing.
  15. eldarfalcongravtank

well you cant be serious. i love the digital desert camo style of the NC and the digital urban camo for TR. they are MUCH MUCH better than the ugly and useless teal camo that VS gets. if i had TR/NC characters, i wouldn't hesitate to create two dummy accounts to unlock the first reward rank
  16. The King

heh, just write an article.
    With the effort some people in this thread made complaining about it, they could have made a really good thought out article and prolly receive ~10 recruits there within a month.... And the potential to have 30+ more in a few more months with just 1 article.
  17. Morti

Who the hell would pay £200 for a bunch of cosmetics on a dying game?
  18. Geneaux

The chances of finding a player who has LEGITLY recruited 25 people who all of which have spent money on the game as well are so abysmally low, I will pretty much "point-and-laugh" at anyone who "has".
    • Up x 2
  19. Sen7ryGun84

I brought 5 of my mates in on the action. I'm a subscriber and have bought about $100 worth of SC since release.

I get nothing lol. Yay SOE!
    • Up x 3
  20. mina5

i have given all frends what i got and i have spend money on SC too , and i dont get anything for that .
    not even when i would like to pay those items on marketplace ......
    (see im not even asking them for free )