[video] planetside 2 in reverse

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by lillbabz, Jul 20, 2013.

1. lillbabz

hi folks,

so this is the second ps2 montage I've made. all the clips are in reverse and with different speeds. It's recorded with physx on (which crashed the game now and then, but it's worth it) and the particle effects makes it more interesting.

so, watch it if you want to and I hope you enjoy it!

please comment with som constructive feedback if you feel like it!

cheers
    • Up x 17
  2. Paqu

Very nice video. Great editing and nice view angles. Keep it up!
  3. K2k4

that was awesome. makes me appreciate how good this game looks
  4. bodmans

nice vid, good angles and well chosen moments.

makes me remember why i dont want physX on, it will make me drool more at the screen than i would be effectively playing...
  5. lillbabz

thanks!

if it's not for the drooling it's for the lag spikes that happens time and again when you have physx on. but it might be because of my rig, but anyways.
  6. Spookydodger

That was pretty bad-****! When I saw the title I was sure it was going to be gimmicky and amateurish, but that was really well crafted! Nice touch with the beginning especially, reminded me of the game Journey (I believe that was the name, with the little robbed chaps with the magic scarves).

The only part that seemed a little out of place was the part with the lone drop pod coming down. I would have looked with something with multiple drop pods and then parsed the video into segments to have them come down in time with the beats / music, but that was about the only part where I wasn't totally into it, and that was super brief.

Nice job with the bridge at 1:38, too.

Great Job!
  7. SpetV

If you watch Planetside 2 in reverse is about some dead soldiers coming back to life that go back to the WarpGate and leave Auraxium planet.
  8. BEAT

Nice video, great job!
    • Up x 1
  9. lillbabz

I'm happy you enjoyed the video!

I know what you mean about the drop pod scene. when I started editing the video I actually really liked the drop pod clip. it was somewhat a favorite clip for some reason. but as I was about to finish the video I didn't really like it that much. still, I thought it was a decent clip/view for a couple of seconds and I felt that I didn't want to work on anymore. I just wanted to put it out there. anyhow, I see what you mean. now when I've uploaded it I see several clips and small things I wish was a bit different. but I guess that is how it is if you invest time and care about what you create.

thanks for the honesty and the positive feedback! it's appreciated!
  10. ReconTeemo

nice creativity, great video, I envy your graphics. :p
  11. Excretus Maximus

Good editing, and the music choice was perfect for the clips.
    • Up x 4
  12. lillbabz

thanks! and after watching your video I understand your envy :D
  13. RHINO_Mk.II

Sexy vid, me like, sad it looks better on 480p than my PC can run the damn game but whatevs.
  14. StolenToast

15. lillbabz

16. lilleAllan

Playing with everything on low I'm usually blissfully ignorant about how terrible the game looks on my rig. Then I see vids like this and I remember how good the game is supposed to look.

:(

17. Zotamedu

It's videos like this that makes me wish I had the money for a great GPU.
  18. StolenToast

I hope you win, I am tired of videos of people thinking they are good at "tactics"
  19. Excretus Maximus

So I was listening to my playlist earlier and a track by Eluvium came on that sounded a lot like this.

Did I get it right?
  20. Reloaded

These were my thoughts exactly. Very well done with the pacing and music! I enjoyed it more than I expected to. :eek: