Will my system run ps2?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by BadgerBoy297, Jul 18, 2013.

1. BadgerBoy297

Pentium 4 running at 3.2ghz dual core
    4gb ddr2 667 ram
    Amd hd 6670 1gb

If any other technical info is needed ill be glad to supply it.
  2. TheAppl3

By Pentium 4 dual-core do you mean a P4 HT or a Pentium D? A P4 HT is a single core, dual thread processor. A Pentium D is a somewhat similar processor but has two cores.

Either way it won't run all that well. Your video card is okay but you can expect out-of-memory crashes due to insufficient RAM (and the 32-bit OS I'm just assuming you use) as well as plummeting frame rates the moment you get into any significant-sized battle.
  3. BadgerBoy297

Actually I use 64bit and it will be hyper threaded pentium4. And I don't need super good fps because I will be running lowest settings and 20 fps in a big battle is fine with me.
  4. Alexlightning7

Nooooo.......

20 FPS is what non overclocked i5 2500k gets in battles, you will be getting somewhere around 3 FPS in battles at lowest settings. Already, that's according to the last person who came tothe forums with a Pentium 4.

The good news, since you going to be super CPU bottlenecked, whether you play highest settings or lowest, you will get the same FPS in battles.
    • Up x 1
  5. TheSandwichMakr

What kind of framerate do you think a 4770k and GTX 650 will get on lowest settings (I don't care about graphics just gameplay)? And how much of a performance increase would a 4770k have over a 4570k?
  6. Alexlightning7

1st question, Depends if its overclocked or not, probably above 30 but hard to say.
    2nd question, 0 difference in performance, go for the i5.
    • Up x 2
  7. Alchonis

Mate ill give you some advice and save you a lot of trouble, don't bother playing this game.
    If you don't download and play it you wont miss anything, the game just isn't ready for public use yet.

It doesn't need optimization it needs a total engine conversion...
  8. Alexlightning7

Or...Some people need to realize how demanding having a 500 player battle on 2000 player maps can be.
    Go play other games that allow that type of thing to occur. There are a few that can come close to simulating it.
  9. Wariamu

I'm not sure if this is a build you want to make or if this is your current computer but if it is your current computer.. just try it out. The game is free anyway.

4 gb of ram is more than you need. Just don't run too many programs in the back and you'll be fine.

I think your pentium 4 might be fine running it on lowest settings but again... The problem with MMO games is that even on lowest settings, there's not mucc that can be done about the fact that there is a crapload of things aroun d you in the game that have to be calculated anyway.

If you're planning on buying a computer and you're on a low budget, I'd suggest looking for AMD CPUs. They're not as good as Intel CPU I think but not by much (and they don't exactly use the same technology .. but that makes no difference for you) but I think that their price/performance ratio is better. So you get more performance for the price you'd be paying.
  10. Motleyorca

Alright dude, to run this game with a decent 30 FPS in-battle at Low Graphics, you are gonna need some serious stuff. I run my game at around 25ish FPS in-battle, and a steady 60 at random, unpopulated areas at medium, and with these specs:

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHz, (Very good processor, if you havent heard of it.)
    Nvidia GTX 650 Ti
    16GB 1333Mhz RAM

So yeah, doubt a Pentium will actually run the game very well. As mentioned by AlexLightning7, you would probably get 3 FPS in a fight. You need an upgrade, man... :p
  11. TheSandwichMakr

Thanks, Im not sure if Ill overclock or not it depends on how well it performs at stock speeds and if I feel safe with the temperatures.
  12. Alchonis

haha 500 you wish...

Even if it was that much, we had over 1000 player battles in AION when fortresses became vulnerable, and the 2000 player map yeah your right but only the people in your area are being dealt with by your computer.

Lets be honest with the numbers here, a full platoon is 48 people and when my outfit is rolling we have a full platoon.
    We have many battles where it feels big but we look at the map and the players we are facing and it is rare there is more than 1 organised platoon facing us and we rarely have another full platoon from another outfit in the same place as us.

But even if we did lets add this up 2 platoons for us and 2 squads worth of randoms plus the same for the enemy 48 + 48 is 96 + the 2 squads 24 and 96 is 120 if the enemy has that aswell its 240 players and that will feel like a sh!tstorm has happened and the game will be at around 15 - 20 fps on my system if they are in the same place.

It is extremely rare for more than that to be in the same place think about it 2 outfits and a couple of squads worth of randoms each side in a fight... you don't regularly see more than that in 1 place even at peak times.

And we all run this "soo demanding and hungry game" on 1 core because the engine cannot use anymore.

haha advanced demanding game my ****... I get at least 20 fps in big battles with just 12% of my CPU in use.

How many other have powerful multitasking CPU's that are useless because of how this game is made?
    • Up x 1
  13. megaslap

the haswell CPUs run alot hotter than ivybridge and not much of a performance increase over the 3rd gens, id recommend a 3570k if you want to overclock
  14. Motleyorca

Exactly, one thing i've really been noticing, is that I play World of Warcraft, and PS2, so usually, when I play WoW, my CPU goes into like, over heat drive thingy, like 70'C... I only have the stock cooler, BTW... Now, when I play PS2, CPU runs at 40'C, which is near idle temp! SOE needs to get their priorities straight, and get these things fixed! As stated above, I have a AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHz, (Very good processor, if you havent heard of it.)
  15. Alchonis

Im just behind you I have the 8320 3.5Ghz is so depressing having 8 real cores with hyper threading and stuck at 12.5% CPU use.
  16. BadgerBoy297

The thing is that this isn't my current computer. I hav a business machine that I got for Christmas and now with my birthday coming up I'm thinking about getting some parts to throw in there to make it a very bad gaming machine that can just play games at low settings. That's all I need. I will be getting a much better system in around 7-9 months. If I can, I might find a much better processor to get for it later.
  17. BadgerBoy297

But do you guys think an intel pentium d 3.4ghz would be worth upgrading to?
  18. TheAppl3

Not really. If you must stay LGA775 I'd go for a Q9XXX quad core (Q9650 ideally) or an E8400/8600 dual core. That's assuming your mobo would support those. It really is about time to move on from 775 though.
  19. BadgerBoy297

That's the sad part. I'm stuck with an hp dc5700 and it takes a proprietary motherboard so it can't be replaced so I'm stuck with the terrible pentium and core2 CPUs. If I could, I would replac it in a second with an amd a55 micro atx motherboard and an amd a4 apu. But I would have to replac my case, power supply, and ram and I just can't afford it right now.
  20. TheAppl3

Well if you ever end up doing that, stay away from the APUs for PS2. They just can't cut it compared to the FX and i3/i5/i7 chips for this game.

Realistically unless you have a low bandwidth cap you might as well download the game and try. Just don't expect much in my opinion.