[Suggestion] Class-Specific Implants

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by deggy, Jul 17, 2013.

1. deggy

How is immunity from flash/concussion/EMP grenades bad? Heavy Assault already has a lot of utility, and since most of the implants somehow fit with stealthy gameplay they don't mesh well with Heavy Assaults' roles. If there are ever juggernaut-style implants HA will be the first to get them.
  2. IamDH

Be honest with me, when was the last time you got hit by any one of those nades, let alone as HA.
  3. MorganM

So let the user decide if it's redudnant or not. Maybe I want to use the implant when my AOE is recharging? I see no reason to limit our choices just because some don't see the value or strategy.

My example with LA and Safe Fall... I don't see the point... but maybe I'm missing something? No reason to limit it for everyone just because *I* don't get it.
  4. deggy

Well, LA actually does have Safe Fall in my example. Medic could have Regeneration, I suppose.
    Today... I use them regularly. Sometimes they don't throw as expected and I concuss myself. If I was immune to them, I could throw them much closer than I currently can and have more time to act while everyone's under the effect.
  5. IamDH

Well they aren't used regulary. I think i've been hit like twice in my whole game time
  6. EliteEskimo

This is a really good idea, and if the implants are class specific it would remove the need to nerf C4 which is what no one wants and would allow the incoming buff to Proximity radar to be still worth something. Good work Deggy.:cool:
  7. Abyll

I agree with the general point that some implants should be restricted by class, but I'm not sure which class should get what, especially since their functions are still subject to change.
    For safe falling: Countless times I ran out of fuel as LA while I was still high up or before i made it to a ledge. Or on HA, countless times I would leap off a tower to try to get behind tanks and shove rockets up their rears.
    There are plenty of creative possible uses for a lot of these abilities, so it should take some serious thought about restrictions. While I'd like to ninja tanks from behind as HA, as a tank myself I wouldn't appreciate infantry being able to leap from stupid heights to easily get close, aside from the already-existing C4 fairy.