New VS Weapon Audio [VIDEO]

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ned, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Ned

A look at the new audio for VS weapons I compiled, supressed and unsepressed, most of the new weapon audio is here but quite a few weapons are slightly different in sound

What do you guys think? I LOVE these new sounds, as a TR player I am really jealous and hope that TR and NC get a sound overhaul soon
    • Up x 6
  2. Kaesarr

Omg very nice!

I will roll vanu :eek:
  3. Phrygen

Smexy

Edit: why are the LMGs the most quiet when silenced... also the concept lmgs sounded a lot better.
    • Up x 1
  4. sindz

You forgot the launcher new sound ;-)

Other than that, I really like the new sounds aswell.
    • Up x 1
  5. Cowabunga

Very cool sounds - Hope we see some love for some of the crappy TR weapon sounds, like the MAX cyclers(aka rattling tea-kettle) and some of our carbines.
  6. Ned

Didnt realise they had a new sound, Il record it later
  7. llPendragon

I agree. The Carbine sounded quite loud in comparison to the current sounds, and the silenced LMG was by far the quietest.
    • Up x 2
  8. treeHamster

The Lasher sounds like a squirt gun.
  9. Lamat

Bloodly low recoil...
    :p
  10. Udnknome

YAY> The return of the Pew Pew Pew.
  11. Spookydodger

Maybe time to have a video of what the weapons sound like to a 2nd person. I often find that they have different volume levels.
    • Up x 1
  12. AtheistPeace

PEWPEWPEWPEW
    But these sound really nice
  13. Ned

I like your name
    • Up x 1
  14. WookLordz

I wish they would differentiate between the weapon classes themselves. For example the 167 damage carbines should sound louder and harder than the 142 damage carbines. It would be nice if high velocity ammo would increase the noise level as well.
  15. Ned

There you go, rocket launcher as requested
    • Up x 1
  16. AlphaMiC

I love the intent here, but this doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Carbine 1 - Sounds like a traditional, bullet firing weapon, not an energy weapon (I thought all VS weapons were energy weapons?) If I'm wrong here, please ignore me and carry on.
    Carbine 2 - Sounds great - like a proper energy weapon
    Carbine 1 & 2 Suppressed - both sound like suppressed traditional weapons, not energy weapons. Not sure how it's possible that two weapons that sound totally different sound identical with suppressors.

Same story for Assault Rifles except Assault Rifle 1 sounds like the proper energy weapon and Assault Rifle 2 doesn't. Again, they sound identical (and incorrect for energy weapons IMO) suppressed for some reason.

LMGs both sounds like proper VS energy weapons finally but, as someone else already mentioned, suppressed they are the quietest of the three categories. Not sure how a suppressed heavy weapon is the quietest one available. This would probably fall into line if they adjusted the suppressed sound on Carbines and ARs as opposed to changing the LMG.

Sniper Rifle and Pistol are fine but, again, they both lose the 'energy weapon' feel when suppressed. Not sure why they don't suppress all VS energy weapons the way they do the LMG. I'm probably just being picky and annoying, but I'd hate to see cool VS energy weapons end up sounding like regular guns.

EDIT: formatting
  17. Ned

The VS use plasma weaponry mainly not lasers, and firing that hot stuff out under such pressure would make noise, however since we dont know what these energy weapons would sound like we can all but guess, I quite like the way they sound, its a mix of energy weapon with a more realistic approach
  18. AlphaMiC

pewpewpew > ratatatat!
  19. Lucidius134

TR got new LMG sounds a few updates back.
  20. Chowley

Jesus they are terrible for the most part, I loved the sounds of the Vanu guns in the past. Now they sound more like standard guns. SOE ripping the character out of the empires. LMG 2 and Carbine 2 seem the best of the bunch, but its all very unimaginative.