Rotary changes

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Incarnus, Jul 13, 2013.

1. Incarnus

An easy summary of the changes to the rotaries on the PTS.
    • ESF TTK assumes that you have extended mags and hit with every bullet.
    • Burst damage is the DPS the weapon outputs while you're firing.
    • Sustained damage is the damage you can output overall which includes reloads.
    • Ex. Sustained is sustained damage with max magazine size.
    Terran Republic
    M18 Rotary Current
    Damage: 237
    RPM: 1,500
    Ammo: 50/500
    Reload: 1.5
    Velocity: 650m/s
    ESF TTK: 2.11sec
    Burst damge: 5,925 DPS
    Sustained damage: 3,386 DPS
    Ex. Sustained: 3,646 DPS

M18 Rotary PTS
    Damage: 315
    RPM: 1,000
    Ammo: 50/500
    Reload: 2.25
    ESF TTK: 2.38sec
    Burst damage: 5,250 DPS
    Sustained damage: 3,000 DPS
    Ex. Sustained: 3,271 DPS

Vanu Sovereignty
    Hailstorm Current
    Damage: 308
    RPM: 1,200
    Ammo: 40/400
    Reload: 1.5
    Velocity: 550m/s
    ESF TTK: 2.03sec
    Burst damage: 6,160 DPS
    Sustained damage: 3,520 DPS
    Ex. Sustained: 3,850 DPS

Hailstorm PTS
    Damage: 360
    RPM: 857
    Ammo: 35/350
    Reload: 1.75sec
    Velocity: 700m/s
    ESF TTK 2.43sec
    Burst damage: 5,142 DPS
    Sustained damage: 3,000 DPS
    Ex. Sustained: 3,306 DPS

New Conglomerate
    Vortek Current
    Damage: 388
    RPM: 1,000
    Ammo: 35/350
    Reload: 1.5sec
    ESF TTK: 1.93sec
    Burst damage: 6,466 DPS
    Sustained damage: 3,772 DPS
    Ex. Sustained: 4,157 DPS

Vortek PTS
    Damage: 500
    RPM: 750
    Ammo: 25/250
    Reload: 2sec
    ESF TTK: 2.0sec
    Burst damage: 6,250 DPS
    Sustained damage: 3,125 DPS
    Ex. Sustained: 3,556 DPS
  2. Nimvalz

Please post here when they actually patch the server, I would really appreciate it.
  3. Van Dax

Are these confirmed? I seem to remember the hailstorm getting a reload speed buff not a nerf.
    EDIT: Ok so they nerfed every bodies reload, just they hit the VS the least hard.
  4. Incarnus

5. Nimvalz

It even says July 12, THAT'S YESTERDAY.
  6. Vortok

At a glance, it looks like Mossie gets the short end of the stick. Could be different in actual play, though.
  7. Primarkka

No, the mossie and the Scythe are immensely buffed since it no longer takes two reloads to destroy a reaver.
    The Reaver was brought back in to the line with other aircraft.
  8. Macchus

my question ...

my understanding , at least in regards to the mossie , is that they extended the clip only , so does it still take the same amount of actual bullets to kill enemy esf with TR rotary ?

sorry nvm looking at the charts i see that the Clip was not extended .
  9. Primarkka

No, you deal more damage per shot now.
  10. HellasVagabond

Nice, the only thing the Reaver had in its favor was slightly extra damage output, now they took that away too.......
    By god if i ever meet a shareholder of SOE the first thing i will ask is for him to fire every Dev this game has had to date :)
  11. Macchus

yeah i looked back and noticed lol . thank you tho .
  12. Macchus

LOL ... the reaver is more in line with what it should be , and it still has higher dps , both burst and sustained , and it still has the fastest ttk ... The reaver is also the best hover dogfighter right out of the box , and it still has it's higher AB speed . the only thing different is now the other empires esf are now close to being on par with the reaver ROTARY WISE ....
    • Up x 1
  13. Primarkka

This is why all think that mediocre NC pilots are as dumb as a sack of potatoes.
    Just switch your empire, since you can't seem to realize that the reaver has far superior vertical thrusters. Maybe it's too complicated a setting to fight in for you.
    A simple FYI: The dog fighting in this game is centered around reversethrusting.
  14. HellasVagabond

We've talked about the pros and cons of the Reaver in these forums 1000 times. It's no coincidence that 90% of all players agree that it's the easiest ESF to destroy. That some people may have spend 200 hours in the Reaver and they can control it with very good results matters not. New players are much much better in Mossies and Scythes.
  15. Primarkka

The rest 10% are the best pilots of every single server, because those 10% are NC pilots who know how this game and its flight mechanics work.
    If you start balancing this game through the lowest common denominator, I'm out.
    • Up x 1
  16. HellasVagabond

So SOE should balance this game based on people who have nothing better to do with their lives and so they can spend 10 or more hours playing per day to manage and reach a super level ? Seriously ? Guess what NO.
    Besides SOE like every other company out there shouldn't care about that 10%, the 90% is what matters.
  17. Primarkka

Okay, yeah, lets buff the Reaver beyond any comprehension because NC are such rubbish players. Does that sound like more balaNCed?
  18. HellasVagabond

Increase the hitbox of the other two and i am fine with all else, how's that for balance ?
  19. Sandzibar

All rotaries are increased by 20ms firing time per bullet. All equal. Fair enough.

NC bullet damage is then increased by 29%
    TR bullet damage is increased by 33%
    VS bullet damage is increased by.. 17% ?

So VS lose around 12% damage for the benefit of a 0.25sec faster reload and a mere 50m/s extra projectile speed? (VS had 100m/s less projectile speed for the last 7months compared to the other 2 factions).

Seems pretty underwhelming... or we're all victims of Luperza's typos (like the new needler doing the same per bullet damage as the VS saron.. but with a higher fire rate?.. or the 3/3/3/3 m18 mag size upgrade progression)

Hope it hits the test server soon.
  20. Le_Fou

The Reaver get moar damage (like it got not enough) and it get so more DPS than other (+1000 DPS, are you kidding me?!)

We can perfectly see the stupid influence of Higby on NC, the Vortek is the more efficient at all points compared to other ESF.

NCside 2, enjoy

Also, the Vortek gonna anti vehicle, it will kill a Harrasser faster than a ESF.