Is AMD Ever getting any love?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Soques, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Soques

Hey Devs,

I had a massive power short knock out my intel that I rolled back to.

I currently am running a 3.6 Ghz AMD 8 Core
    16GB 1600Mhz RAM
    SSD

This game still runs like poop. When is the love coming?

Before some dick runs in here and goes "lol what video card are you running?" I checked and I am being held back by the "CPU" so says the (alt+f)

Thanks
    • Up x 2
  2. DeadliestMoon

It will, just keep waiting, after all I heard the PS4 is an AMD build and since they're optimizing for that PC players will hopefully see an improvement as well. Moderators, please close this thread at your leisure.
  3. Van Dax

Lol what video card are you running?

I keed, I keed. I strongly recommend looking into overclocking, the fx-8150(which is what it looks like you have) really likes to overclock nicely. If you get it into the low 4.x GHz range you should run the game very well.

That said they need to step up their amd optimization if they ever want this thing to do well on the ps4
  4. Soques

Sadly I am running the stock cooler and cannot safely operate in the 4.2 Ghz range. I am more just venting my frustration at the fact that my old i5 750 before it got nuked, ran this game better.

Any recommendations on a cooler? I am probably going to replace the AMD for an intel in the future but for the now it would be nice to run this better.

BTW Best doctor ever.

Thanks
  5. Soques

So happy that it is taking the adoption of another platform to necessitate the work of making this run more efficiently.
    • Up x 1
  6. Van Dax

Honestly I've only got like a $40 air cooler and I've cranked mine up to 4.5GHz, as long as its around the same quality or better you should be solid. I don't use intel because of their shady business practices and high cost so I've been using amd for every other game and been sufficiently pleased with their performance.
    • Up x 1
  7. DeadliestMoon

Of course they are going to be doing their best to improve optimization for all PC players in between now and then, I was just saying that when the time that PS4 comes out you should see significant improvements.
  8. Stadulator

maybe if they get their sht togeather and make a decend chipset again they might
  9. supahitecjetfyta

change all the settings to HIGH except set shadows to LOW
    thatll be as good as it gets unless you OC it
  10. SuperTrooperWaterloo

its not the graphic card. i have a sapphire radeon hd 5850. im playing with 30-40 fps in small battles and 20-30 in really REALLY big beattles. 50-60+fps @ 1-12 battles.
    alt+f says CPU.
    i play with low settings. because i can see more enemys(infi cloak and night). with ultra settings my fps drops about 2-4 frames. (both with max render distance) so 2-4 fps drops with ultra settings?
    in the end its the cpu and i have a quad core 3,2 amd. ( ill post the name tomorrow / 2 tired^^)

in those 48+ battles with my lowest fps my task manager says my cpu runs with 50%.....

i read some forum posts and they said. bad game performance(what i think) or soe slows down your cpu to let you buy a new one. (money $$$)
  11. Alexlightning7

then those people are idiots. SOE is not gonna purposfully slow down someones CPU to make them have to upgrade.
  12. enjoy02

it's way more relaxing for them not to spend millions of dollars to improve how the game runs than letting u to buy a much powerful pc
  13. OldMaster80

I won't believe it until I see it.
    Unfortunately nowadays overclocking is the only way to go for AMD users. It's pure s**t, we are forced to overclock in order to run this game decently, but still Intel performs way better.
    I have two pcs:
    - AMD FX8120 overclocked at 4.0 GHz with Thermaltake Big Typhoon 120 cooler, Radeon HD7970 Ghz Edition 3gb ram, 8 Gb RAM DDR3, Win7 64 Ultimate.
    - Intel i5 3570 stock clock and cooler, GTX 670 2gb, 8 GB RAM DDR3, Win 7 64 Ultimate.

The second runs PS2 way better than the first, giving 45-50 fps in big battles. The first, without overclock, drops to 18-20 fps in big bases like Tech Plants and Amp Stations.
    It's a shame devs have been waiting for so long, let's be honest: no one wants to play a game that runs at 20 fps. I wonder how many players did they lose along the road because of this.
    • Up x 1
  14. Daeyx

Did you guys ever just think that AMD runs worse because its slower PER CLOCK? If you were to take lets say a FX4100 Quad Core CPU that runs at 3.6 Ghz and a Haswell or Ivy Bridge Quad Core CPU running at the same frequency. Did you know that the Intel chip is around 60% faster per clock? That means at the same clock speed, the Intel chip can get things done 60% faster! Its not that you have to specifically optimize for AMD (the game has to be optimized in general). Its just that AMD is just so much slower than Intel.
    • Up x 2
  15. jsnipy

this
  16. Ourous

I don't know what all this is about, my game runs fine.
  17. BIGDT

People seem to get caught up in numbers. 4.5GHZ 8 Core AMD.. I'll take an intel processor with 4 cores, or even my burnt out 2700k that only runs 2 cores (all you need) at 4GHZ and it will run the game better.
  18. Soques

Happy for you, mine doesn't.
  19. Soques

By you approximation my AMD should run this game at a comparable performance given that each core is 1Ghz ahead of the i5 750. If my options for this game are to only use Intel/nvidia or the game essentially doesn't run then that is pretty ****.
  20. supahitecjetfyta

what video card?
    did you change gfx to high settings?
    have you set power options in windows to high performance?