Not sure who to blame for the new crop of players

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dis, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Dis

While I appreciate the devs efforts to balance out pops with their recommended empire / server idea, the past 2 days playing TR on Matty I've been in more danger from my own team than anyone or anything in purple and or blue. I've literally been killed in my spawn room and had friendly turrets shoot round after round at my vehicles(s) more in the 48 hours since this was implemented than the entire time I've played this game.

Which begs the question...why exactly is this happening? Is this latest crop the dumbest group of people ever to play an online video game? Does PS2 have the worst tutorial/beginners intro in history? Are all the camos too confusing for new players?

I honestly don't know. What I do know is this game was much more tolerable being on the low pop side than being constantly TK'd by BR1s.
  2. Madcat9

Also they unfortunately haven't created a mechanic to keep kicked players from rejoining the squad/platoon without locking the whole thing.
    • Up x 1
  3. The King

http://www.planetside-universe.com/character-5428021759086360241.php?tab=killboard

you TKed 2 times, you got TKed 2 times in almost 24 hours..

You made this thread cuz of 1 guy named nuubshooter killing you once who was br 1 at the time.....

http://www.planetside-universe.com/character-5428094673264790033.php?tab=killboard

the guy is a newbie.. you're angry over this?

Do not worry, there was another guy who said the same thing about the Connery merge with Helios or whatever..
    He TKed 6 times and got TKed 3x...
    He made a thread about people constantly TKing him, and his data showed all of the merge time..

Certainly, not something to make a thread over
    • Up x 13
  4. Caserion

It's funy how in Woodman most of my daily activities now contain watching new TR players trying to do something from a distance until a vanu sniper tries to shoot me.

It's hilarious watching them shoot control points, generators and buildings while they ignore enemies.
  5. KenDelta

Camos man , camos.
    Wait till we get the black camo , every NC/TR player who gets em will SUFFER DEARLY.
  6. Benton!

[IMG]
    sorry, had to do it
    • Up x 3
  7. Killy80

And you believe everyone beginning with this game has to be pro why? Or why do you believe beginners can't improve in skill?
    I don't get it.
  8. Epoch/Eep

Awesome.
  9. Macchus

stop kicking noobs and maybe help them ? or is that not something you and your friends believe in ?
  10. Macchus

im guessing its due to the fact that its f2p .. alot of f2p guys are probably used to all the cheese crap f2p mmo's already out there ...
  11. Madcat9

Team killing and platoon chat trolling is not something I imagine most platoons abide by. I don't mind new players and I am willing to give them advice whether they are friendly or enemy. Judging by your choice of words have I offended you in some way?
  12. Macchus

no but i was assuming that your post was in reference to the thread TOPIC...
  13. Bill Hicks

Bads are out of college and regular school. Their reptile brains are out of shape.
  14. Dis

You're right, it probably wasn't worth making a thread over. Then again those stats fail to show the amount of deaths to enemies that resulted from more damage from friendlies, or of course the countless vehicles I've taken damage from friendlies the past few days.

The point of this thread was more about why new players get so easily confused and shoot at their own team (personally I think it's the camos), but please....stay on your high horse forum warrior.
  15. Vertabrae

I TK'd you like 25 times, for one very simple reason. You're the food tube. I was hungry. I put my money in, and didn't get any food in return. .

PS, I'm sorry I kept sticking those quarters up your......well you know. You really need to accept dollar bills.
  16. illgot

end
  17. phreec

It's a F2P game with MMO on it. I bet it attracts a fair deal of curious people who have no idea of how shooters actually work...
  18. Fenrys

IFF is hard at first, but people get better at it over time.
  19. ent|ty

Summer breakers, You'll have kids from 8 years old and up playing now.
  20. Drasilov

I have the hardest time telling friend from foe - the friendly indicator is way too small to see in close combat and it doesn't always tag a friendly quickly enough plus if you have max draw distance it doesn't tag them at all at range. Also if you look at the minimap, you will die, if you hesitate for a thousandth of a second you will die. If you stop moving you will die. So I'm afraid I shoot first and if the warning comes up I stop. I have 50 kills to over 358 (or so) deaths mainly because of being unable to adequately tell friend from foe quick enough in a firefight and hesitating.