Just say no to NS cosmetics.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by InMedeasRage, Jul 12, 2013.

1. InMedeasRage

CQC friend or foe ID is already confusing at times with the camo and NS weapons. Add in this? You'll have to wait for the IFF dorito to pop up while the other guy wastes you. Or you waste them and get grief points from friendlies and a bunch of angry /tell's.

THIS IS NOT AN OKAY THING TO DO. Paid profile masking is a 100% terrible move. Please reconsider.
    • Up x 13
  2. Tobax

It's fine, you mostly decided friend from foe from the body appearance not the head.
    • Up x 3
  3. Compass

Caedite eos. Novit enim Vanus qui sunt eius.
    • Up x 5
  4. Shinrah

Kill them all, for Vanu knows those who are his/hers!
    • Up x 2
  5. Goretzu

First they said it was fine for the camo.
    And I didn't speak out because I used a NV scope and silhouette.
    Then they came for the NV scope.
    And I didn't speak out because I just turned my gamma way, way, waaaay up and my settings right down.
    Then they came for the helmets.
    And I didn't speakout because I just looked at the shoulders.
    Then they came for the body armour.
    And there was no one left that didn't look like me.

:eek: :D

I dunno it's not the end of the world, but NS cosmetic gear......... I'm not sure they've entirely thought it through.
    • Up x 4
  6. Nocturnal7x

Its fine, im just gonna TK the **** out of anyone wearing it.

PS. This is not ok SOE, you are stupid and should be ashamed. SOE, you are doing a bad job, bad bad bad.
    • Up x 7
  7. Torok

herp

well until there's 1x of every NS item in-game they won't stop...
    we still miss the NS shotgun, NS sniper rifle, etc etc :p

NS smg is coming aswell next GU
  8. WUNDER8AR

Don't worry guys, characters still wear different gloves and socks.
    • Up x 7
  9. DFDelta

Honestly. When have they ever?

On a more serious note, I don't think that is a problem.
    We already have (mostly) faction neutral helmets with these ugly skull things and hockey masks.
    (And I still think whoever came up with these things needs to be fired)
  10. Kaon1311

Its a slippery slope.

Any advantage and people will jump on it. Next NS body armour that gives you a milisecond or two before the enemy fires on you, with TTK so low and clientside hit detection you would be silly NOT to deck out in NS gear and they know it.

But then again, they need to make money somehow, and cosmetics will be the only way, unless they remove cert prices on weapons and make them SC only too.
    • Up x 1
  11. Goretzu

Yeah I'm all for cosmetics $$$'s

Although I do have to wonder how much is "enough" - given that they are pushing people toward membership with resource changes, which is basically a subscription, and the whole "idea" of F2P is supposedly to be able to play and the game to earn without the "outdated" (as any MMO PR dude or dudette will claim) idea of subscriptions (and under the old idea of subscription you got everything in the game, except expansions in that subscription fee).

Having seen EA Games idea of MMO "f2p" (basically you fully subscribe for $15 a month and then have to buy everything of the cashshop and get nickle and dimed at every turn anyway - which just seems to favour EA's bottom line and in no way the player) I am pretty cynical when it comes to this.

But the economics notwithstanding, I'm not too keen on the idea of basically having to rely on a pretty buggy dorito for IFF.
  12. Casterbridge

Well this seems like a poor idea at best.
  13. Surt

Little work, a lot of profit. And this Helmet looks more like vanu.
  14. Chowley

I agree, never mind target acquisition, its really pissing me off the empires seem to be losing their aesthetic as is.
  15. Snack Toxin

Dick move, Susan.
  16. Nocturnal7x

wut
  17. Teod

This thing is clearly faction-colored. What's the problem?
  18. InMedeasRage

Its clearly faction colored... when you aren't using camo.
    • Up x 1
  19. illgot

I love the idea of a helm common to all factions.

Helps me "fit in" with the enemy as long as they are slow enough not to notice the lack of a dorito above my head.

Plus the new NS helm looks damn sexy for all factions.
  20. AtheistPeace

Just give that helmet to the Vanu already.