I Healed Someone With Triage

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by commandoFi, Jul 11, 2013.

1. commandoFi

That was a first. I think everyone can agree that triage is pretty lame. If you disagree I'd love to hear why. So what should be done with triage? I have heard people suggest it be replaced by a deployable heal, like the heal nade but slower and longer lasting. What do you suggest?
  2. Derek Icelord

Triage has its uses, but it is a limited niche item. I don't think it should be replaced, but given how limited its usefulness is I think the cert cost should be significantly lower.
    • Up x 2
  3. P4NJ

Make it an AOE around a Sunderer the Medic is in and have it add a holographics cross (like the wrench and bullets for ammo and repair) to the side of the sundy. Sounds good?
  4. YuanrangJA

I bought it a few days ago and I have yet to see it heal someone. It is sad, really. >.<
  5. botosan

It is fairly limited but while driving my harasser with engy repairing...it is pretty awesome.
  6. HerpTheDerp

Better but still useless. Anyone in direct vicinity of a Sundy can just switch to Medic class and heal himself.

Droppable item like Engi's ammo pack seems to be the way to go.
  7. Zentoco

Completely agree with you, but... I've seen so many people asking for a heal, standing next to a console (in a shielded area too). I don't know if there is a tutorial letting new players know the F key does something for them on their medic (hence they wouldn't know to switch or the medic could do that).

Oh, and double /facepalm is when it's a medic standing in front of the console, asking for a heal. That's when I'll send a friendly /tell letting them know to push F to heal themselves.
  8. Crewell

It's a real trick to make Triage something useful that doesn't just end up replacing one of the other heals.
  9. K2k4

Good god, it's a passive cert.. put 1 rank in it, you won't need to get out when your squad jumps stations as you will heal them automatically when they get in.

I don't understand why people hate this skill so much.

Also Triage + harrasser/mbt w/ engineer secondary sounds like god mode.