MAX Unit Shell Game

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Asswhupper, May 1, 2013.

1. Naithe

I'd settle with a concussion effect, just because you're smashing a massive ironfist, into someones face! =)

Well I keep saying the same about aegis shield and shielf bash, but hey I just think it would be awesome to knock someone silly like that. =P
  2. Pikachu

At least NC MAX wearing falcon should kill with 1 hit. :D
  3. Naithe

Oh god don't get me started, I've been catching myself saying "falcon punch!" whenever I smack someone. =)

EDIT: Btw I cannot agree anymore with your signature. =)
  4. Naithe

Ehm let me rephrase that, I agree with you alot!? =P
    (goddamn its past editing timer.)
  5. Goldy

Well playing a PS1 MAX versus a PS2 MAX I'm pretty sure PS2 MAX is stronger. For a multitude of reasons such as, not everyone is walking around with a Rocket Launcher and PS2 MAX gets self repair(as a choice). On the other hand, I like the Pounders in PS1 more than in PS2.

Would be nice if they got utilities though. Like a zoom function.
    • Up x 1
  6. Stormlight666

Yeah well it's proof why Maxes need a buff.
  7. Adept

Just checked and the max punch is "small arms fire" type of damage. No damage to vehicles except harassers and flashes.. and the dmg resists apply. :(
  8. PieBringer

To those about the MAX punch:

The ONLY upside to it over a normal infantry knife is increased damage against MAX units (not sure by how much) and it can damage enemy armor. Yes, it CAN do it, you just have to be in the right place. I'll see if I can remember all the "hot spots" to stand.

Sunderer: Under or to the side of it's center, right where the AMS terminals appear when deployed.
    Harasser: Same as Sunderer
    Flash: Get inbetween the handle bars and the rumble seat, three smashes that I can remember.
    Lightning: There's a bit of a rectangular block just ahead of it's turret, standing on top of it is approximately the spot to stand.
    Prowler: With the main gun in it's default position (the way it spawns), stand directly in front of the turret, hugging the barrel.
    Vanguard: Similar as to the Prowler, only the actual turret in default position is blocking the place to stand, it should be out of the way enough if it's turned maybe 95 degrees.
    Magrider: It's too obscure with words, so jump on top of one in the VR and keep punching and moving around until you find the spot(s).

Tests on air vehicles were obviously done on the ground.
    Liberator: Up against it's hull right behind it's wings when they're in their downward position.
    Mosquito: Right under it's thrusters.
    Scythe: In between the prongs on it's backside. Punch those engines.
    Reaver: Almost anywhere underneath it (but still close enough).
    Galaxy: I never actually found a spot it could be hit from with MAX punch.

REMINDER: These locations are where the MAX has to STAND in order to be "in range" for the punch to do damage. Over all, it's fairly poorly designed, as you can only really deal damage with it by having yourself close enough to a vehicle's center mass. Good luck getting that done while it's being crewed.

If you don't believe me, go test out these locations in the VR. Remember, these locations are where you have to STAND in order for the punch to deal damage.

I really wish they would fix it so that it's based on if you're close enough to the actual hitbox of the vehicle, rather than close enough to it's center mass. :(
    • Up x 2
  9. Adept

I could damage harassers and flashes from any angle and couldn't make any of my punches register for any other vehicles except ESFs. It took me 8 punches to kill a max - all hits on the head.. no idea if it makes any difference with melee.
    I'll check again this evening. Would be nice if I could replicate it - not very practical tho :rolleyes:
  10. Adept

Finally verified and I could damage lightnings at the spot PieBringer described.
    No such luck with vanguards and magriders. In fact I've got stompted in VR by the stationary magrider when I've tried to damage it from below it.
    I'm just probably not trying enough.
    In any case.. it took like 50+ max punch hits to blow up the lightning. It's funny that it works at all :)