T1S Cycler vs TAR vs TRV Cycler

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Admiralty, Jun 14, 2013.

1. MrIDoK

The T1S is a good all-rounder while the TAR and the TRV are sidegrades in cqc department.
    If you want raw dps, the TRV is the best AR in the game, however it's not as effective in hipfire as the TAR, which is far better in most situations, i think. Opinions, of course.

Personally, i use the SABR-13 as my all-rounder. You can put 2 bursts in someone's head without having to worry about recoil at midrange and even at long-range it does well in semi-auto. Close range falls short of course, but i'm used to swapping to my commissioner and 1-shot-and-knife kill people that love to get close.. although i play to stay away from knife range, duh.
    Another underrated weapon is the T1B, which sometimes i use in place of the SABR-13. Yes, the burst is not as good as full-auto in cqc, but it has the tightest recoil of all our ARs (except for the SABR) and rewards aiming skills a lot more than the other bullet hoses. It can't outdps a TAR in knife range, but if you have at least 15 meters between you and the enemy you can just aim at their chest and you'll take away 2/3rds of his health with 1 bodyshot and 2 headshots. It's a great gun if you are confident in your aim and fills the midrange role a lot better than the other rifles (again, except for the SABR, which costs 10 times as much).
  2. HerpTheDerp

I always wanted a SABR-13 but then SOE "rebalanced" grips and almost all recoil-heavy weapons are kind of pointless now. Only way to reduce recoil is with the compensator which comes with rather severe penalties, especially for long-range weapons.
  3. Nakar

The SABR's recoil is nearly irrelevant. Remember it has a 0.75x FSRM. While its stated vertical recoil is 0.4, that's actually 0.3 on every shot except the second shot of a burst. 0.3 is insanely low on a tap-fired gun; every single other AR has a FSRM that makes the vertical recoil higher by default, even gentle giants like the Gauss-S and T1S. If you only semi-auto, you're getting less recoil on tapped shots than with any other gun, and the burst is hardly uncontrollable either.

I don't think you NEED a Compensator, but if you decide you want one, you can just use a Laser Sight to slightly counteract the hipfire penalty. It isn't as if the SABR has particularly consequential horizontal recoil (incredibly low to begin with + it's a burst/semi-auto gun so it's given time to settle between). I actually tend to just run the SABR with no barrel attachment, a Laser Sight, and no HVA. I do have a Comp/Grip/HVA loadout for it if necessary, of course, but the thing is it very often ISN'T necessary.
  4. HerpTheDerp

My point is, Adv. grip is a "wasted" attachment now, and any weapon with it feels... like you're not getting your money's worth.
  5. Nakar

I don't think it's wasted necessarily. It helps the Gauss SAW and T5 AMC quite a bit at range. It's just the SABR-13 is a pretty bad choice for it because it has barely any horizontal recoil anyway and isn't an automatic. It also has a not-terrible base hipfire cone. These tend to lend themselves to using a Laser instead to shore up the close-quarters capabilities of the gun (which are actually not terrible, just not fantastic). But at longer ranges and especially longer range burst firing I do think the grip is helpful... just not as helpful as when I'm burst-firing my SAW on my NC character.
  6. HerpTheDerp

SAW actually has very little horizontal recoil(most NC weapons do in general). Ironic how SAW went from a weapon that could benefit most from Adv. grip to one that needs it the least...
  7. Nexus2151

I own the Tar and The TRV I like them both yet I keep coming back to the starter gun T1 with a grip and 1x reflex it's such a good all round gun. IMO the only reason to get the T1s is for the smoke/nade launcher.
    • Up x 1
  8. CrimsonDaemon

I really like the TRV. Despite all the nerfs it got, I still use it. I just throw the Adv laser on it and it crushes in CQC. If I burst fire it, it can do well at intermediate to long ranges once you get a hang of the recoil and how the rifle handles. I like the TAR too, but it feels more clumsy to me and seems to hop around a lot more under fully automatic fire. The T1 with a foregrip is an amazing option for really any distance. You can engage enemies at quite long ranges without even having to burst fire. You basically just pull against the recoil and the rifle takes care of the rest. T1S is basically the same, even more manageable when it comes to recoil. Just realize that it sufferes in CQC because of the low rate of fire.
  9. Tycoh

TAR for advancing with squads and CQC.

Saber 13 for sitting in the back as a rear guard while picking up the dead bodies behind the advancing forces. Great for pissing off MAXes from a distance if you hit their head multiple times.
  10. Dagonlives

TAR rifle is a clear winner for close medium engagements. Have over 4000 kills with this rifle, and it´s probably the best deathmatch style gun in the game period. The fact that the TR get 40 bullets instead of 30 is an incredible advantage for assault rifle users.
    • Up x 1
  11. XRIST0

T1S Cycler , best all round AR if you ask me .. the TAR and TRV are situational
  12. Frozen-K

I carry a T1S in my medic loadout, whenever I actually am on the ground on foot. I prefer it over the TRV/tar due to it being fairly general purpose (there's no true situation I'm terrible in), and the GL option is nice. Smoke to be a general pest, grenades to fire into crowds of people.
  13. lilleAllan

I'll probably pick up a TAR on my TR alt. I recon the better hipfire will help a lot more than the slight RoF increase.
  14. K2k4

I bought a TAR and I like it. I would think the t1s is probably similar to the cycler in operaton but the TAR definitely feels better to use.
  15. 0ReferenceException

I have all three guns on my TR medic. The TRV sees little to no use since the nerfs - it's basically just an inferior TAR with slightly higher ROF.

I use the TAR the most and really love it. It is really strong in CQC with Adv. Laser and hip fire and it can still put people down in further ranges.

The T1S I basically only use for long range with a grip (which is basically never) or for the versatility that the weapon offers - especially with the UBGL/UBSL (but then ofc you don't have the grip).

However, to be quite honest I think for pure CQC fighting I prefer my shotgun the most. It just tears people up so easily and quickly... it's a total joke. However, the TAR is fairly strong in CQC and still works great slightly further out (which is not the case with a shotgun - they are utterly worthless outside of CQC unless you use slugs but then you might as well switch to a better weapon directly instead of going for slugs).

The best (obviously) is if you have a shotgun for pure CQC, a TAR for CQC and for general use and a T1S for the UBGL and perhaps a second T1S loadout for long range (at least if you don't have access to a better long range medic weapon).
  16. Kociboss

Hailstorm might be an option for you too.
  17. IamnotAmazing

What does it matter reducing the effective range? The gun is meant for cqc and having soft point is necessary. If you plan to use the tar in medium range ( completely doable) why would you have a flash suppressor? Also I am pretty sure soft point doesn't make your bullets fly slower it just makes the damage drop off range closer. Other than that you are totally right about the trv.
  18. P4NJ

TRV is the only viable choice if you want to be badass.
  19. Cyn Bruin

If you're looking for CQC just go with a shotgun, will the TAR or TRV OHK people? As a previous poster stated, when you're rezzing someone and the enemy pops around the corner, you really think you have time to switch back to gun and then get the 20 bullets off needed to kill him? Or will a OHK shotgun to the face work better than strafing with an AR?
  20. Sossen

The TAR is unrivaled in CQC. The TRV Cycler is a gun without a range these days. The recoil is too bad to be the best gun for medium ranges, and the hipfire advantage the TAR gets over the TRV makes up for the loss of RPM every time in CQC. The T1S is good but only for the underbarrel attachments - without them no one would use it, so the advantage doesn't really have anything to do with the gun. If you want a UBGL or a UBSL then it's the gun for you, but if you want stopping power the TAR is better in CQC and at least as good at medium range. For medium-long range get the SABR-13.

Of course, for low-aim players the TRV makes up for the lack of skill since a bigger cone of fire is actually an advantage if you can't aim properly, so get that if you feel that your aim is lacking. Forcing yourself to practice aiming with the TAR is probably a more effective way of learning though.
    • Up x 1