No more Harrassar farming(for NC/VS)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jrv, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Jrv

Sure is great they nerfed the Fury, now Harassers are totally balanced!

-OH WAIT. Remember that other weapon, that 15-round fast-firing TR-specific grenade launcher that was better than the Fury BEFORE the nerfs? Guess this is a faction-specific nerf afterall.

So basically, another NC/VS nerf, should fit in nicely with the horde of unjustified buffs coming to TR based on SOE's infamously terrible "balancing to the K/D of the lowest common denominator" technique.

b-but hey, at least I can put a shotgun on my harasser! Thats fun, r-right?
    • Up x 6
  2. Snack Toxin

3. gunfox

PPA works just fine.
    • Up x 1
  4. chrisbeebops

I used Fury yesterday. It still works. Just noticed it was harder to kill MAXs since direct hits do less damage.

PPA is still pretty bad. Sure, it can kill Infantry, just I can't think of any reason to use it over the Fury even after the nerf.

I wonder if anyone has managed to get Auraxium on the Enforcer Modified. That would be a real challenge, perhaps an even harder one than the guy who got Auraxium on the Flash shotgun.
    • Up x 2
  5. TheBillOf3D

Harassers use weapons for AI? I thought they just ran over them? Someone isn't saving ammo. Actually, I sneak onto a TR account and tell them to all pull harassers. Then switch back. They then all run over each other. Then TK for revenge. That's the secret to winning.
  6. Eclipson

A good amount of NC and VS Harasser I fought today had absolutly no time farming us with the Fury. The only thing they nerfed was the direct hit damage, but most killed with the splash damage. You can over exaggerate and not use it if you want, but that just benefits us, when you could be out their farming, and not coming here on the fourms complaining about nothing.
  7. Winfield

What they need to do is buff the PPA and the Enforcer modified.

Like I said in the iother thread:

8. Jrv

The bottom line is that the marauder is now-and really before as well-the undisputed king of anti-infantry, and both the Enforcer modified and the PPA are trash in comparison to the fury, let alone the marauder.
    • Up x 1
  9. Fned

Harrrrrasssarrrrrr********
  10. S0LAR15

Lol see this.

Is a frakking understatement.

The enforcer modified.....I used a fully certed one on my NC alt, and for the same reason the old vulcan-H was perfectly fine, this thing is actually pretty decent. Harassers can get in close so easily, that this things main disadvantage is gone. Not saying it couldn't use some love, but it is far superior to the PPA for actually killing infantry instead of firing disco balls to "disco inferno".
  11. makrome

You are an evil person.
    I think i like you ;)
  12. bestan

yeah, farming with an harasser fury is now downright impossible [/sarcasm]

• Up x 2
  13. S0LAR15

The marauder is better AV than the Fury, that's tbh what needs nerfed right now, it's direct damage/resist type to vehicles. When I say "better", the Fury is about 50% worse than the Marauder for AV vs sundies..........

THAT is ********.
  14. gunfox

I know you're vanu so this concept may be hard to grasp, but stuff doesn't always have to be overpowered to be useable. I'd greatly prefer unique weapons like the PPA or Lancer over remodeled all-faction weapons. The PPA can wreak havoc on infantry just fine, it has it's strengths (unlimited range, no drop, magazine feels endless) and weaknesses (slightly lower damage) over the fury.
  15. S0LAR15

I know your TR so the concept of balance is alien. I'll keep this simple; did I mention the Fury? It does still work fine, since the splash was what killed most of the time anyway.

What's frakked is that the Marauder is a better AV than it and also a better AI.

The PPA is not competitive, a slow firing, slow velocity, relatively large CoF AI ,on a harasser, is borderline useless. End of discussion, the Kobalt is better in all scenarios than the PPA.
  16. BeefJerky

THe maurader is better than the fury now IN EVERY WAY possible. Nerf it!
  17. Posse

Harrasser + Fury before GU12 was OP as ****
    Harrasser + Marauder is OP
    Harrasser + Fury is still OP, slightly less than before.
    Harrasser + PPA/Enforcer modified is meh.

BUTTTTTTTTTT, the Marauder in a Prowler isn't OP at all, so the problem isn't in the Marauder, it's in the sinergy between it and the Harrasser, what makes things really bad is the fact that Harrassers are ridiculously tough for a buggy.

So, my solution is:

1) Nerf the harrasser, composite armor is bullsh1t right now, it's not only a problem with the Fury and the Marauder.

2) Buff the PPA/Enforcer Modified to bring it in line with the Fury and the Marauder. See how it works after that, and then we can see if the Marauder needs a nerf.
    • Up x 2
  18. PS2Freak

Nerf Everything! They Nerfed Our, Ncs, AI - FURY, now its time for payback - Nerf Mara!

I wish Nerf to your whiney nerf mara , people, that your most beloved weapons ALL get nerfed into the ground!

undisputed king of anti-infantry_GodSaw and other words... if i hear it - i want to puke. So much Bias, and words to serve the only goal, to imply something what you think this weapons are.

someone did hurt me, i Must pay back even if other one is not guilty!
  19. gunfox

Or you could just adapt your playstyle to the weapon you've attached. With the PPA you could, for example, sit on a hill hundreds of meters away and spam orbs of death into clusters of enemies. Nobody said you have to use the PPA like a fury, use your god damn brain.

These kinds of strategies are completely unavailable to TR because all we get is NS weapons 2.0. Jesus no wonder your purple spandex went black from all the tears.
  20. Posse

Yeah, it will be so useful to fire a weapon with a slow "bullet" velocity from hundreds of meters that can't even OHK :rolleyes:

If I wanted to spam orbs of death into clusters of enemies I'd pull a Magrider with the VPC, not a Harrasser with a PPA.