No sound in game

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Lifestealer, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Lifestealer

Since the last patch I'm not getting any sound in game at all. No music, no sound effects - nothing. It makes it pretty tricky when bullets are flying and you've got no idea where from. I think it's only been since the last patch. Obviously all settings are unchanged to leave sound on in game. Has anyone else experienced this?
    • Up x 2
  2. TSR-SeanF Customer Service

We have not had any widespread reports of this issue occurring with other players, so it may very well be the result of a corrupted file located within your PlanetSide 2 directory. Run your Planetside 2 Launchpad and log in, but do not press play. Click on the Advanced Tools icon (looks like a hexagon surrounding a wrench) in the lower left and then choose the option to open game directory. In the window/folder that comes up, locate and delete the following files

PlanetSide2.exe
    UserOptions.ini
    SoundSettings.xml
    LoadingScreen.xml
    InputProfiles.xml
    vivoxoal.dll
    vivoxsdk.dll

Once these files are deleted, close the Planetside 2 window/folder and go back to the Launchpad > Advanced Tools/Settings menu. Click on the Validate Game Assets menu option and then press the green Validate button to have the Launchpad check your game files, and download any missing or corrupt files.
  3. Lifestealer

Many thanks for your prompt reply - I'll try that out now.
  4. Lifestealer

Unfortunately that didn't work, I didn't realise I'd also have the fun of rebinding all my keys as well but no problem. Any other ideas/suggestions?
  5. Milldog

I have also experienced this issue since first installing the game, i could play for 4 minutes of 4 hours and then all sound just cuts out from the game and leaves me having to restart my pc , that being the only way I can get sound back at all and this only happen on PS2. Jussssst wannaaaaa play video gamesssssssss
  6. BorisDET5

I attempted the documented fix listed above with no improvement to the issue of no sound following this patch within the Planetside 2 game. This is a problem localized exclusively with PS2, as I have not had anything similar in other games that I play.
  7. Lifestealer

I'll just keep hoping for another DEV response or that it's addressed in a patch then :-/
  8. Lifestealer

Fixed - like most things simple in the end. For soem reason the last patch had zeroed the volume slider for Planetside in the mixer. I never knew there was a mixer for games so definitely hadn't done this myself! Hope this may fix it for a few people.
  9. Mroism

I was also having this sound problem and unlike Lifestealer mine was sorted using TSR-SeanF's solution. Thanks!
  10. GTG3000

Tried the SeanF's solution an it didn't do anything... Sound disappeared after the recent update, completely, no sound in the character selection, nor in loading screens, nor in the game.
    • Up x 1
  11. Ph42oN

I got that problem after GU12. I redownloaded game and it didn't help. But mic works in game.
  12. kilerrbeee

I too am having the same issues... I followed SeanF's instructions as well to no avail... Voice audio still works in game but no other audio
  13. AmazingBob

Same here, it's annoying. I have Realtek HD audio driver installed.
    • Up x 1
  14. TSR AlexS Customer Service

At this point, you may want to submit in a support ticket so we can further assist you with your sound issues.
  15. Blackbird

I also have no in game sound . Its all gone . Prox Chat does work . I was on yesterday , game audio worked . This problem has to be related to this GU . I will try the sujested fix .
  16. DisturbedSilver

I'm having the same problem. It happens since the last GU, i've tried everything and it still doesn't work. I've sent a ticket to the support...let's see if they can fix it with another GU.
  17. Jomar

I have this problem as well. Restarted game, computer and validated game files. No help.
  18. Blackbird

Just did sujested fix . No help .
  19. Nadu

Same problem. No sounds in game after today's patch Windows XP
  20. Corey Shay

Hi folks. I've found the problem and verified it should indeed only affect Windows XP users. I have pushed the fix for it into our code base and hopefully that should be making its way down to a hot fix by the end of tomorrow. Thanks to everyone for helping us spot it.
    • Up x 3