Loadout slots labeled as a # ---- horrible change

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Halcyon, Jul 10, 2013.

1. Halcyon

The entire reason I edited the slot titles was to quickly see which one I wanted to choose.
    Now, they're just numbers 1-6 and you have to click on it for the title to pop up.

Who thinks of this stuff? Why do you consistantly remove useful functionality from the UI?
    Unreal how much you guys don't think over there.
    • Up x 3
  2. f0d

it has the loadout names above the numbers
    • Up x 3
  3. MiZrY

If you create the loadout for a particular number, this does not stick in your memory?
  4. f0d

[IMG]

names are still there

edit: whoops i just realized you said "and you have to click on it for the title to pop up"
    soz about that

either way i dont think its a big deal personally to click the number to find out the name - but thats just me
    • Up x 1
  5. SenEvason

Maybe if they added an arrow to click on to cycle through your loadouts.
    • Up x 1
  6. DirArtillerySupport

I think once we've done just about everything we can to streamline our own load out slots the words we use to define them will in time lose their meaning. They will in the end become simple numbers like they were in PS1. I'd much rather return to that system and be able to assign a letter to each class and a number to each load-out slot inside each class. In the heat of battle this whole UI and mouse combination just isn't working. It's slow, clumsy and unproductive...if I can assign macros to extra mouse buttons like L3 or E4 to quickly switch loadouts it would make this whole class system a little easier to deal with while I'm tethered to a weapons terminal.
  7. MarlboroMan-E

Disagree. I love it.
    • Up x 1
  8. Nocturnal7x

They literally have a monkey working on the UI. They do a lot of stupid things to the UI, this time though they actually removed a click instead of adding clicks, they usually add clicks, which is ********. This may be annoying, but because they removed a click once you remember where your loadouts are it should be faster.
  9. Quovatis

I miss the PS1 UI. Go to a terminal and can get ANY class loadout in just two key presses (one to access the terminal and one to select loadout). PS2 still requires mouse clicks, which is stupid.
  10. Ronin Oni

You seriously can't remember which loadout # means what? There's only 3 per class/vehicle...

FFS... youth these days
    • Up x 1
  11. MichaelS

yes, i can remember the load outs, but the selection isnt better the way they do now. its just better for PS4.
  12. Eclipson

I change my load outs constantly. And what MichaelS said. This is clearly a change for PS4 UI, since this is the kind of selection you would need for a console game. PS4 is already invading the PC version of PS2.
  13. Ronin Oni

you can dbl click on a loadout # to deploy right?

How is that NOT better than having to click a drop down, select desired loadout, then click deploy?

dbl click (almost as fast as single click) >>>> click - move cursor - click - move cursor - click

even just selecting...

single click >>>>>>>>>> click - move cursor - click
  14. Spookydodger

I think it's not a good change because now I need to remember which loadout is which. Yeah, I can look at the title, but if I don't know which one it is, I have to click through till I find the one I want.
  15. Ronin Oni

I change my loadouts all the time too... what's your point?

I can still remember what I equipped what and where.

Hell, I only changed the names for the hell of it.... I actually go off memory of location in the list and don't read the names when I select them.

GOOD CHANGE. Why? Apparently PS2 gamers need more memory exercises. +1 to SOE for encouraging mental stimulation.
  16. ent|ty

I dunno, but a busload of us need to go to down to SOE HQ and start throatpunching people who keep putting this stupid **** in the game without testing it first.
  17. Ryekir

At first, after looking at the screenshot, I was annoyed too, since the name doesn't show up until after you click on it. However, you have a good point and this way is much faster for actually changing loadouts quickly. It would be nice, though, to have the custom name show up on the button, rather than just a number (but that would require much larger buttons, so I understand why it's like this).

One additional improvement they could make would be to add a sort of grid of the classes and loadout buttons, so don't have to click the class first, and then the loadout, thus saving you yet another click. Something like this:

Infiltrator: 1 2 3 4 5 6
    Light Assault: 1 2 3 4 5 6
    Combat Medic: 1 2 3 4 5 6
    Engineer: 1 2 3 4 5 6
    Heavy Assault: 1 2 3 4 5 6
    MAX: 1 2 3 4 5 6
    • Up x 2
  18. WorldOfForms

It's ridiculous that we have to use even a single mouse click, when PS1 did it better ten years ago.

In PS1, you ran up to the terminal, hit your activate key, which then brought up *gasp* a LIST of your loadouts, with both numbers AND loadout names all visible. Then, you simply pressed (this is the genius part) a NUMBER KEY and you equipped the appropriate loadout!

So run up to terminal, hit E, hit 3. Done. You could do it in less than half a second.

I remember when I first encountered the drop down menus in the PS2 loadout screen and I was disgusted. Ten years later, and the UI is ten times clunkier.

It's more obvious every day that PC PS2 is really just the "closed" beta for PS4 PS2.