Is intentional TKing ok?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Coffee Hound, Jul 10, 2013.

1. Quovatis

I've had multiple players TK me in the head so that they can get their precious points for overloading the generators/SCU. It's sad.
  2. Hunterion

I'm seriously against intentionally TKing, when I'm the victim I always asume it as an accident, even with GOD DAMM HARASSERS coming from nowhere and driving over my sniping place (it's not their fault they were born brainless)...

... EXCEPT for the other night, another engineer TK'd me because I was helping repair the turrets to withstand an incoming zerg, but he saw it as I was stealing his precious XP from him. Had to chase him all over the place for 30 minutes just to stick my knife in his *** several times.
    • Up x 1
  3. TheBillOf3D

It's harassment so I'd say yes to reporting as that is one of the options.
  4. BoomBoom4You

Guys, there's an obvious line between griefing and accidental TKing. It's not hard to tell the difference.

If you can't tell the difference, they're not griefing. SOE isn't going to do anything if you report someone for TKing you a few times. They don't care.
    • Up x 1
  5. Scatterblak

Reportable offense? No. You're thinking of griefing - continued TK for no reason. There are plenty of times when a TK is completely justified.
  6. Coffee Hound

See, I think this is the right answer, and I think the Code of Conduct states this. If a friendly tank roadkills you on a hill while it's trying to get to the primo infantry-farming location, just come back with some C4 to settle the score.
  7. ent|ty

Intentional TK'ing is not okay.

If someone consistently causes team damage, they willl be locked in time, since sustained damage means they 1) are a ****** 2) are doing it intentionally.

I do TK people at times in self-defense though. Like when some guy is trying to sabotage my defense by blowing up my mines, etc, or chicken-pecking me with bullets to make me weaker... I will consider him an enemy and kill him.

This doesn't happen to me enough to get me weapons locked, so I dont worry the occasional time I need to teach someone a lesson.
  8. Kevorkian

Repeated TK'ing is griefing/harassment. Players have been suspended/banned for it. Don't engage in conversation with the TKer. Just /report, click on harassment, and move to a different area. Suspensions and bans are not instant... so again, redeploy elsewhere or else face further aggravation from the offender.

I once had a disgruntled NC tired to dying to me, switch to a BR1 alt just to come find me and TK me repeatedly as retaliation. He was banned within a couple days.
  9. Coffee Hound

I've been watching the profile of the guy that TKed a lot of people several times and said in /yell he would do it until he got banned. /reported it about a week ago, and he has played every day. I don't have anything against this one guy in particular - I have just been watching him since there is no doubt that it was deliberate, so I wanted to see if anything is actually done. If you know for certain that people have been banned for repeated TKing, that is promising.
  10. cfnz

The downside to this is that it could start a cycle because of differences in perception of each others actions, i.e they did it accidentally but you did it deliberately or vice versa.
  11. Kevorkian

It may take a couple weeks for some cases. It varies from case to case, and depending on how many /report and what they filed it under. My particular case only took a couple days, but that's most likely due to other reports turned in prior, with the perpetrator having violated the TOS enough times to warrant action.